• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Bell and Carlson VS HS Precision

Re: Bell and Carlson VS HS Precision

WHICH ONE FLOATS

WHICH ONE HAS NEVER SEEN A FLUSH CUP MOUNTED in the sides of the stock

WHICH ONE OF YOUZE GUYS WILL POST A PICTURE OF A working rifle in one of them foam filled "light tactical" canoe oars...?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WHICH ONE FLOATS

WHICH ONE OF YOUZE GUYS WILL POST A PICTURE OF A working rifle in one of them foam filled "light tactical" canoe oars...? </div></div>

OK,I'll do my next build on a McM A3,happy now???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SANDRAT</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WHICH ONE FLOATS

WHICH ONE OF YOUZE GUYS WILL POST A PICTURE OF A working rifle in one of them foam filled "light tactical" canoe oars...? </div></div>

OK,I'll do my next build on a McM A3,happy now???</div></div>

....you still don't get it.....

Idk but im not seeing the issue here. I dont think anybody has said the B&C is equivalent to the MCMs since there not even close but they appeal to a rather large segment of the shooting population.

While I feel that HS Precision may be a slightly better constructed stock, I would pick some of the B&C offerings every time over a comparable HS unit. Namely the Light Tactical and the Medalist Tactical. As an unabashed McMillan slut, I feel the 2 B&C stocks mentioned offer an excellent choice to budget minded shooters.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bcr229</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Back cover of their latest catalog. Note the name circled in yellow.</div></div>

Lon Tomohisa Horiuchi is on an O.J. Simpson like delay from consequences.

I have here a B&C stock I was going to install in the next 3 weeks. If they use the Horiuchi name in an add, it takes some of my enthusiasm away from using the stock.

As I stated in a previous post,I will use what fits me and is more comfortable,both McM and B&C fit me better,which means I shoot better with them.If the HS was a better fit,that's what I would use.

I recently purchased a b&c light tactical. gonna have a badger m5 installed. Has anyone skim bedded their stock or do you guys just slap it on. Curious to see what other have done... contemplating on skim bedding mine..

I've got a Rem700 SPS-T that I am going to DuraCoat and since it has the Hogue its a little hard to do. So I started doing research on my options. I'm deployed to the sandbox so I have time on my hands to play around on the net. I had a few HSP stocks in mind. I just finished my two weeks of mid tour leave and I went around to various gun stores to look at 700's with the HSP stocks on them. I checked out an old Sendero (before the new stock) with the slimer profile grip and then tried out the 700P with the Palm Swell. For me the slimmer profile is the way to go. My hands are smaller than most and the Palm Swell fits too big for me.
As far as the B&C goes.... They're great quality stocks I just haven't shouldered any that fit my body quite as well. The best thing for you to do is research your options and then "test drive" them. Find a rifle similar to your set up stocked with different models. You can order as many as you want to find the right combo but I think it's better to save the time and hassle first off. I know with me I'm going with the HSP PSV002 for several reasons. It's similiar in weight, length, LOP and grip as the Hogue but offers much more rigidity (especially in the forend). Shop around, you might suprise yourself.

Choate ULTIMATE SNIPER all the way baby!!!!!!!!
grin.gif