• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Bell & Carlson forearm mod ... Image Heavy

Jbak

Private
Minuteman
Mar 26, 2011
SW Missouri
I decided a while ago that I was going to sand down the forearm of the B&C stock. I sanded it down with a belt sander. After getting past the fiberglass shell, you can plainly see the material underneath. Here, you can see the voids of the substrate material. I also slimmed up some of the grip area to better fit my hand.

IMG_20110531_191223.jpg

IMG_20110531_191414.jpg

IMG_20110531_191522.jpg

IMG_20110531_191534.jpg

IMG_20110531_191847.jpg

I decided afterward, I didn't like the feel of the slimmer forearm. It felt too skinny in the hand and I couldn't get a good grip on it. So I then started building up the forearm with fiberglass and PC7 epoxy. I then flared and shaped the forearm.

IMG_20110602_225103.jpg

IMG_20110602_225126.jpg

The project sat for a while because I had just started respiratory school. I finally got around to picking it up this week again. I shot the stock with some primer and a base coat of paint.

2012-04-21%2012.30.04.jpg

2012-04-21%2012.31.03.jpg

2012-04-21%2012.30.47.jpg

Today, I sanded off some of the paint, and applied a texture along the grip and forearm. I am shooting it in flat tan tomorrow. More pics to come.

Re: Bell & Carlson forearm mod ... Image Heavy

More pics of the stock, per-textured, outside in better light...

2012-04-21%2012.39.55.jpg

2012-04-21%2012.40.55.jpg

2012-04-21%2012.38.25.jpg

I textured it today, tomorrow it will be tan...more pics to come.

Looks good . Not sure when you found the time to do that. I finished respiratory school in December and I have done nothing but study and take tests for the last two years !

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wade-19</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks good . Not sure when you found the time to do that. I finished respiratory school in December and I have done nothing but study and take tests for the last two years !</div></div>

Sweet! I actually, just took my last exit exam. Our exit exams are mock NBRC CRT, RRT, and clinical sims. I still have 3 finals to go on hemodynamics, Neo/Peds, and a cumulative fill in the blank comprehensive exam....then...I gotta find work...I am thinking about applying in StL if I can't find anything in Springfield,MO...how is the market looking there?

Also, I have an elective clinical rotation at a hospital in StL in 2 weeks...I plan on bringing the rifle and shooting at the conservation center off the 44 near the 270...any other place you can recommend for shooting near StL?

Things you need to know. After you pass your CRT you need to apply for your MO license. Also, most hospitals here in St. Louis want RRTs. I graduated in December with a 3.93 G.P.A and an award for clinical and academic excellence. I am starting my first job on Monday and it is PRN ! Hopefully after I get some actual working experience , more doors will be opened.

That would be J. Hedges correct ? It is a nice range, but I believe the max. range is 100yds. Not many places in the area to shoot rifles though.

What hospital are you going to ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wade-19</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Things you need to know. After you pass your CRT you need to apply for your MO license. Also, most hospitals here in St. Louis want RRTs. I graduated in December with a 3.93 G.P.A and an award for clinical and academic excellence. I am starting my first job on Monday and it is PRN ! Hopefully after I get some actual working experience , more doors will be opened. </div></div>

No doubt...hospitals here only want RRT's as well. I currently have a cumulative 4.0 GPA including pre-reques and I had interviews at Mercy and Cox Health so far...they'll hire us as CRT with RRT pay, and we have 6 months from date of hire to pass our RRT exam, but, market is stupid tight down here. Cox is hiring 4 or 5 graduates, and Mercy is hiring 4. There are 18 students in my class, with 2 moving out of state, but, sounds like it isn't much better up there.

I am not sure of the name of the range, but that is probably correct...and 100 yards is better than nothing...which is what I have been shooting since school...I have only shot 2x since the start of school.

I'll be at Barnes-Jewish.

I have to say, your class is doing much better than mine as far as jobs go ! My class had 14 graduates. 2 had student jobs that turned into part time jobs after graduation . Of the remaining 12, only four of us have found work. I full time in home health , and the other three PRN. The only one working is the home health guy. Myself and another start our orientation Monday and the third student has not been given a start date yet .

One of the student workers was at Barnes. It is a HUGE hospital . There is something like 90 RTs on staff .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wade-19</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have to say, your class is doing much better than mine as far as jobs go ! My class had 14 graduates. 2 had student jobs that turned into part time jobs after graduation . Of the remaining 12, only four of us have found work. I full time in home health , and the other three PRN. The only one working is the home health guy. Myself and another start our orientation Monday and the third student has not been given a start date yet .

One of the student workers was at Barnes. It is a HUGE hospital . There is something like 90 RTs on staff .</div></div>

There were 6 students working as Techs, I was not one of them...5 out of the 6 student workers are getting hired. So there are only 3 positions for the rest of us.

Looking forward to seeing it finished. Looks good so far. What paints are you using?