• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

belleville boots and tactical research

corey4

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2012
pittsburgh pa
i wore a model by bates for about 7 years and of course they quit making them. they were perfect except the didn't last for shit (i'd only get 8 months out of them before they fell apart) but i was willing to over look that for the comfort and the type of outsole they used; gripped every terrain well and didn't hold mud. now im in danner tanicus, but they have zero ankle support (why on earth do combat boots not have ankle support if they expect troops to ruck with heavy weight in the mountains???). the outsole is ok. they have actually held up quite well over the last year.

i am looking at belleville boots and tactical research keeps coming up. it looks like the one model i am considering appears to be the same for both, but the TR boots are less expensive. i am not worried about cost, when you are on your feet for 10hrs a day outside i need good boots.

my question/concern is TR the overseas built cheap version of belleville?

I'd look elsewhere. I picked up a pair of the TR waterproof side-zip thinking I'd get the same quality as my boots from Basic. My old Belleville 800 lasted years of daily heavy use. The TR's barely made it six months of 12 hour patrol shifts - most of which was in a vehicle before they fell apart. I wasn't willing to try another style with TR after that. Boots, you get what you pay for. I've tried plenty of sub $200 boots and seldom get over a year. I have two pairs of Belleville 950's that I enjoy and have good support. They weigh a ton and take a while to break in but they last. Discontinued but there are a couple out there to be found new in odd sizes for a good price.

I bought a pair of Bellville 675's last June. My intent was to use them on an upcoming elk hunt. I have wore them daily to work, every other night rucking thru the timber and paved roads (getting ready for the hunt) and backpacking/hiking 4 or 5 times this year. They are great! So much, I ordered another pair as a backup. And shipping....Stooooopid fast. I literally get them in LESS than 24hrs after I placed my order. Granted, I live in Illinois, too. But still, to order something at 6:30pm and have them waiting on me the next day after work!!