• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Belt recommendations

strachan

Private
Minuteman
Jan 8, 2014
Taking my first civ comp shooting course and really don't want to drag all my mil gear with me (I leave the tactical stuff for work).

I would like to build a "course specific" belt for carbine/side arm courses. What is being used, recommended, etc from you more experienced in these types of courses?

Items needed (and please chime in if I'm missing something):

Belt
mag holders (M4/sidearm)
sidearm holster (I'm under the assumption Serpa's are not well liked in this arena)

Thanks in advance!

8u5utyhe.jpg

This is what I use.It works well for me.
Costa leg rig holds 3 pistol and 2 AR mags
Maxpedition dump bag
Serpa/black hawk leg rig
Other than that good eyes, ears

Sent from my SCH-I605

Last edited:
I like one of two approaches.

1) 1.75" Cobra outer belt with stiff velcro inner belt. Safariland or other holster and kydex mag pouches on outer belt. Easily put on and taken off, easily reconfigured for various courses. This is my warm weather option and what I generally use for 3-gun.

2) Colder weather when wearing jacket or other layers - I like a "battle belt" the can be worn outside of the jacket or layers and a mid-rise holster or leg rig. Again, can be re-configured and put on and taken off easily.

This picture shows option (1).

3gun%20gear.JPG

Battle belt (not my picture, but essentially my set up):

sdc10620y.jpg

Last edited:
I would go with an inner/outer belt. Jones Tactical makes some (long wait) along with DSG Arms and then there is the LE companies (Safariland, etc). I liked being able to don and remove quickly while still having a regular belt if not CCW'ing the gear one would use.