• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Belt rigs, battle belts, etc.

K15G

Private
Minuteman
Aug 18, 2020
For those of you mil folk in this community, and maybe hunters, what are you running for your battle belt?

Are you running classic H harness type webbing, is there something that new and improved? How are you carrying your ammunition, water, IFAK, radio, binos, shears, survival gear, etc.

You want all of that on a belt setup? Have a pack or carrier to utilize or strictly belt?

You want all of that on a belt setup? Have a pack or carrier to utilize or strictly belt?
I think my goal is to get as much of it into a belt as possible. I don't have a need for a pistol or pistol mags so that opens up a good amount of space. My goal is to have enough gear I can drop my pack and conduct a stalk and potentially wait in that location for an hour or so.

I didn't get a chance to do any serious movement with it but I did get to try on a Tactical Tailor battle belt that the owner modified to clip onto a surplus Dutch LBV. Felt a lot more comfortable than a harness and had a shit ton of space for pouches. The owner wants to get Tactical Tailor to make a few duplicates of the vest and set up each to support different caliber rifles. It was not fucking light.

I think my goal is to get as much of it into a belt as possible. I don't have a need for a pistol or pistol mags so that opens up a good amount of space. My goal is to have enough gear I can drop my pack and conduct a stalk and potentially wait in that location for an hour or so.

This answers a lot of what you're asking.

Surplus 782 gear. The shit was literally designed for what you’re asking about.

Reactions: 308pirate

Inner_Molle_Reveal_Stacked_2019.10.26_Update__61493.1628026517.jpg

Last edited:

This ^^ -- I've had one for almost a year now. Ran a few comps with it (before getting a dedicated belt) and two classes with it. IMO it can comfortably carry what you need on a belt system. Any more and you really need a pack or chest/harness style rig. The inner belt works great and you can keep that on all day, then just put on or take off the outer belt as needed.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
This ^^ -- I've had one for almost a year now. Ran a few comps with it (before getting a dedicated belt) and two classes with it. IMO it can comfortably carry what you need on a belt system. Any more and you really need a pack or chest/harness style rig. The inner belt works great and you can keep that on all day, then just put on or take off the outer belt as needed.
I wear the inner belt daily for CCW. The low profile, no buckle, and infinite adjustability of the velcro is superior. The only con, in my opinion, is the 'noise' of the velcro when I make micro adjustments. But unless you're trying to be quiet, it's a non issue and just a small complaint that I really don't notice now as much as I did initially.

I’m a fan of Kore belts, their normal 1.5 belt holds all the gear I need, I haven’t used their battle belt but considering the quality of there normal belt I would think it’s top notch.

Might want to consider a Hill People Gear kit bag. Doesn’t get in the way of your pack’s hip belt, and a whole lot more comfortable on a ATV, truck, or horse.

Reactions: mrtoyz
Might want to consider a Hill People Gear kit bag. Doesn’t get in the way of your pack’s hip belt, and a whole lot more comfortable on a ATV, truck, or horse.
I’ve got the Heavy Recon. Great bag

Been using a Crye Lopro Blast Belt since 2011 or so. Inner/outer cop belts are popular now but I hate them and find war belts with standard PALS loop much more comfortable and secure. YMMV id just try a few you like and sell if you dont like it.

I like how comfortable and easy to rotate the blast belt it. Carries weight on the hips and you can use suspenders if you wanted. Clears the plate carrier easily and the inserts are piece of mind for taking shrapnel in thr bowls of my hips or lower back. Has slots underneath to route a mid ride holster and optionally a gas mask pouch on your weakside

I carry 4x rifle mags, 2 radios, 3 tqs, an IFAK in a dangler, an ATAK +meshtastic and water on my plate carrier and 2x pistol, 1x rifle, 1x tq, med kit, dump, utility (gerber, cleaning kit, etc) and holster plus a knife and grenade pouch on my Blast Belt. Replaced the inner belt with a Qore for more durability over the shitty plastic buckles.

I use an old issued JPC 2.0 primarily but also have an issued LV-MBAV I wear a Spiritus Mark IV over with a Thing 2. That can hold 4x rifle, 3-5x pistol, medical in a dangler, and an extra sustainment pouch plus radios but without the relocation kits. Also some room under the half flap if I only carry 2x pistol. Slap a Microbat candy pouch in front or AXL Sandwich bag in rear for extra admin room

More crap goes in a SATL but I could fight off my belt and stuff my radios and ATAK into my pockets if some ill fate should befall my plate carrier. Even more flexibility if I opt for the LVMBAV

HSGI Sniper Waist Pack. If they still make it.

Add a canteen holder to the belt portion, or wear a hydration carrier.

Reactions: Balor
This.

LBT-9022 in the middle of the belt, Soileater TQ holder at 1, mag placement depends on what I’m doing. Keep a multitool at 5, and still aplenty of molle for whatever else I might need.

Belt itself is light and stiff, excellent 2-piece.

If it’s a chest rig setup, it’s one of my old 1961 split fronts.

This is what I use for matches. Two mag pouches on the left, Kestrel holster on the right. Thinking about putting a dump pouch for brass at 6:00.