• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Benchmade nimcub II

Cleanmiss

Private
Minuteman
Nov 16, 2010
sacramento
Its time for a new knife to carry for hunting, fishing, camping,
hiking and such. Ive carried a kabar, sog seal pup elite and currently a gerber lmf II. Ive always been a big fan of benchmade blades and the nimcub II looks like it would serve me well for what I need but Id like to hear from your guys' experience and opinions. The gerber lmf II is great but its too big and heavy especially when carrying my side arm and on long hunts. I use the shit out of my stuff especially my knives and no this wont be my skinning/game knife. Is this little guy as tough as they say it is?

Re: Benchmade nimcub II

Babo those are some damn good lookin blades I may or may not be in love. I really like the simple design and the single sided serrated edge. Do you carry one and if you do, hows the edge hold up and how do they hold up to prying? Oh and thank you very much Babo

It's very good. I've got one and love it, it has held up very well. Only thing I'm not a fan of is the sheath.

Keep in mind that the Esee knife is made from 1095 and will require some care to keep it from rusting. The Nimcub is made from stainless and will be a littel more worry free with respect to maintenance.

I have an esee izula2 and a 5, damn tough knives. Have gutted, skinned, and processed lambs with both of them. Not once did I wish I had something different.

I have an ESEE 3 and love it. I use it for an every day carry knife. I would not want a larger knife to carry, but this one is nigh near perfect. Yes, it is 1095, so just keep a bit of oil on it.

I wrote a brief review of it a few weeks ago.

As soon as I sell my gerber Im getting esee 3 serrated for sure thanks a ton guys.

The nimcub is an awesome knife. I got to handle one the other day - it is on my short list of things to buy in the near future.

Much prefer the esee think I'll have to get one been wanting a smaller knife for hunting and this fits one of the shapes and kind of styles I collect so I think it will fit in well

Ok Im about ready to order my esee 3 and before I do I just wanted to hear from you guys about the serrated blade first and to see if they are any good or should I stick to non serrated. I like them because I can cut all kinds of shit with out dulling my edge. What do you guys think?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ubet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have an esee izula2 and a 5, damn tough knives. Have gutted, skinned, and processed lambs with both of them. Not once did I wish I had something different. </div></div>

Love the avatar. I never saw one stare back before. It gives a new meaning to getting poked in the eye!