• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dawson Raider 5

Bigwheels

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jun 16, 2007
    Anacortes WA
    Wanted to post up my new hunting/ all purpose knife I jut got.
    It's a Dawson Knives Raider 5 in the new Magnacut steel. G10 black/red skins & has a hand applied hamon on the blade. They claim it is differentially hardened like a samurai sword.
    It arrived pretty sharp but after I worked it with the diamond hone & ceramic to my preferred angle it is now literally Razor sharp. Not sure I really like the leather/kydex sheath so much but it does hold it secure. It will be in my pack anyway so that's not a big deal.
    20211230_094644~2.jpg

Reactions: Paqueo
    Dawson makes great blades. The magnucut is supposed be the best steel ever. Would like to know how it does after using it

I just finished refinishing the edge to a near perfect mirror finish. I just got some diapaste so I tried it out with the strope. It's primarily my hunting knife so I'll try to post how it performs. I do know that a lot of hair on my arms will need to regrow. It does shave pretty well. 😍