• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Benelli m2 vs Beretta 1301 vs Wilson Combat CQB

For barrel compatibility info (as well as some other related component info), look for posts by the user 3_stern (a Beretta employee) in the aforementioned pistol-forum.com megathread:

If that doesn't properly take you to a series of his posts (pagination on mobile may be different than on a PC), look for them on/around 5-26-2021.

For the 1301's, I think the Tactical and Comp are the same receiver, but the Comp Pro is the longer 3.5" receiver.

You might want to double check, but I believe the 1301 Tactical (18.5") and the 1301 Comp (21" and 24") have different receivers. Although both are rated for 2.75"and 3" shells, the Tactical has a 3" receiver and the Comps have a 3.5" receiver in order to take advantage of the larger ejection port. I doubt their barrels play together nicely.

I've had the M2 and the 1301. I like the 1301 better.
Inertia guns are fine for ducks and pheasants, but a home defense situation might call for some funky positions that may not work well with a recoil reliant system.
Then there's the infamous "click".

For the 1301's, I think the Tactical and Comp are the same receiver, but the Comp Pro is the longer 3.5" receiver.

It would appear from e_stern's comments in the pistol-training.com thread that both the Comp and Comp Pro are based upon the 3.5" receiver:

"The 3.5" receiver guns (A400 X+, 1301 Comp, 1301 Comp Pro) have 3.5" Barrel Extensions."

Reactions: Eric_F and skl1
M2 Tactical Comfortech. Works like a charm but I wouldn't hesitate to get a 1301 either. Both great guns.

A 1301 followed me home today, now I need some Aridus and Nordic goodies for it to make it acceptable. This thing feels like a toy compared to my M4’s. It’s a nice shotgun but damn does it seem cheap compared to an M4. My previous experience was with my buddies decked out 1301 but out of the box it’s pretty underwhelming.

1301T all the way. Watched Lucky Gunner and bought the first gen. Installed Aridus and Nordic parts, sling and light. Ran 250 rounds of mixed ammo, bird shot, #4s, #2s, slugs, and Fed Flight Control, without an issue. Runs smoother than a Singer sewing machine.

Reactions: VA-Varminter
I've had the M2 and the 1301. I like the 1301 better.
Inertia guns are fine for ducks and pheasants, but a home defense situation might call for some funky positions that may not work well with a recoil reliant system.
Then there's the infamous "click".
Ya'll come up with the most absurd hypotheticals, I'll say that for you lot.