• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Better "Anti-Social" shotguns today? Beretta, Benelli, other?

I love my M4, soft shooting with 00 and reliable. Sold my M2 because it kicked like a mule even with light loads.

Currently a Tavor TS-12 gets bedside duty. There's just something about 16 rounds of Fuck You on tap... :cool:

Reactions: Sid Post
I love my M4, soft shooting with 00 and reliable. Sold my M2 because it kicked like a mule even with light loads.

Currently a Tavor TS-12 gets bedside duty. There's just something about 16 rounds of Fuck You on tap... :cool:

How is the weight of that thing? Is handling good?

I held one at a gun store and had mixed feelings about it but, it lacked 16 rounds of ammunition for handling quality assessment.

How is the weight of that thing? Is handling good?

I held one at a gun store and had mixed feelings about it but, it lacked 16 rounds of ammunition for handling quality assessment.
Well, the weight changes a fair amount between 1st round and last, but I think it still handles really well. It's my only bullpup, so I don't have anything else to compare it to.

Recoil is pretty light even as it gets down to the last few. I have a Limbsaver on it, more for the extra inch LoP than recoil, though.

Blink gas system is as reliable as it gets, self adjusting, and stupid fast cycling.

A400 has the same gas system, and would be my choice in a sporter semi-auto.

Only own one Beretta, a sweet Silver Snipe OU, that said I have owned erry Benelli M1, M2, M3 ugh,and an M4.
Now currently own a beautiful M1S90 HK marked, and an an M4. Yes the M4 has some weight, meh, goes bang every time, can ad shit yadda yadda, oh and fast lol. The M1 I fell in love with, she’s fast light, and not finicky, no lights or bs just straight up business. Used to shoot one handed no issues lol. So yeah an M4, unless find a nice M1S90 👍🏻

I have short CQB-friendly Pump-actions covered for contact distance encounters. Today, I really need to investigate the current crop of premium semi-auto combat shotguns.

I hear a lot of 'Mall Ninjas" talk about the Benelli M-4 but I wonder if the juice is worth the squeeze. I'm initially thinking of a Beretta 1301 but, I hear the new A300 Patrol is good too. Then there are the custom options from shops like Wilson Combat. With the Remington bankruptcy with Freedom Group, I'm not considering a worked over 1187 today. I expect to spend more than $1,000 and would like to stay under $2,000. NFA is an option but, I really think I should stay away from tax stamps for this purchase.

Basically, I want to 'pay once and cry once' so trying to cheap out a few hundred dollars and having buyer's remorse that I didn't get something else is also a consideration since these are so expensive.

I live in a rural part of Texas and I'm about a 1/4 mile from the public road. Since I moved here, two animal hoarders have moved in and I have been attacked by dogs three times so, these days I am generally armed when doing chores or outside in general. The Meth House burned to the ground from Arson after the Meth Head was evicted.

Typically I have been using a rifle which is great for shooting dogs at 200 yards but, fields of fire are pretty restrictive with other people living in the area and livestock in adjacent pastures. I think a shotgun with appropriate loads is really a better option for me these days so, here I am. Basically, I want a quality shotgun that is capable of really rapid fire without disrupting my aim excessively and limiting my lethal range a bit. I'm thinking I will want to keep effective stopping power to about 50 yards with power falling off afterward either through physics, hitting the ground, etc. while still retaining good lethality when closer in. In my Pump shotgun, I am primarily running Hornady Coyote BB loads right now but, I have run #4, #1, and 00 Buck in the past generally in low recoil formats.

So, who runs a "social" shotgun today, and what recommendations do people have for me?

TIA,
Sid
Another option is the Mossberg 940 Pro Tactical (7+1 and length is 37.5). I have the Mossberg 940 JM Pro (9+1 and length is 44.75).