• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Benelli M4 question and choices

I just got the 1301 and haven’t shot it yet - looking forward to seeing how it compares to the Benelli.

Between the shorter length of pull of the 1301 pistol grip stock and the shorter receiver, its a fair amount shorter overall than the Benelli.
68A1CFF2-2192-4952-AB71-E0332F0BF682.jpeg

Reactions: brightt
If you find a LE dealer for Benelli you can get one already changed over with extended tube and stock. I have sold many of them.
View attachment 7684437View attachment 7684437
I'm not even going to attempt to go after the collapsible stock. That alone adds a grand to the price tag and that doesn't include the internal tube parts. I'm more than willing to live with the fixed pistol grip stock that comes on the H2O Model #11794 that I've decided on.

Besides being lighter, is there any other reason you prefer the 1301?
I find that I can shoot it quicker. Seems the shot to shot is just a touch faster than the M4. Also, the ergonomics is better. Bolt release button is fantastic. Just the right size and the shell carrier is smooth. Won't pinch your finger when loading the mag tube. On the M4, I had to smooth out that part to keep it from pinching.

Reactions: gro
Well, I did it. I bought the Benelli M4 H2O pistol grip from an online place called, believe it or not, "Hunting Stuff". It'll be at my FFL's tomorrow. It was the best deal I could find, no C/C fees, no sales tax, and free shipping. It still almost hit 2K. I also ordered a 7 round tube/Wolff full-length spring, GG&G bolt release, and a 3/4" No spin charging handle. That's all my wallet could take before it exploded and blew off the 3 fingers of my left hand.
I was tempted by the Mesa Tactical aluminum forend but thought better of it, at least for a while. There are so many add ons that would be cool but we have to be sensible...yeah, right.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone used the Muzzle brake/comp thing? It looks kinda like a crocodile? I didn't think brakes actually did anything on shotguns except maybe shredded the wads.

I'll mainly be shooting slugs, as that's my nature, and I can cast slugs. I have a Russian ASM mold that drops what looks like a gigantic pellet with a hollow base. That baby weighs in at 617gr and cloverleafs at 75 yards out of my old Browning Auto-5. I hope it does as well in the Benelli M4.