• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Benelli M4

netranger6

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 15, 2009
Vicoria, Texas
Guys, just picked one up, need direction to dump the stock and add a better foregrip...as in websites or dealers. Thanks!

/ Jeremy

Re: Benelli M4

i picked up the benelli m4 about 2 years ago i didnt really care for the stock but over all i loved it till i took it to a zombie fun shoot in minn last year and found out i could reload my 870 or a 1100 way faster than the m4 and really got disappointed with the gun, other then that i loved it and it shot great, but i seen a military stock up for sale a while back on gunbroker if that helps

how fast are you talking. I mean, it takes me a marginal amount of time to stuff 5 in the tube, and one in chamber.

Well with m4's pistol grip stock you cant use a speedloader, other than that i don't know what pat4668 means. I'm also curious as to what kind of stock and foregrip your looking for? The OEM collapsible stocks are insanely expensive, and not many companies offer aftermarket accessories, other than GG&G I don't know of any.Also I highly recommend the factory mag extension.

Here's my baby:
IMG00023-20100228-2339.jpg

IMG00022-20100228-2338.jpg

I swapped out the stock added a oversized charge handle, KZ sling attachment, KZ magazine tube and KZ quad rail with a one piece top rail that I bought from Botach tactical.

i mean when ur reloading the gun as fast as u can and the bottom by the tube mag locks and you have to press the lil button on the side for it to unlock, sorry if i dont know the proper names of the parts.

Never had the problem with getting rounds hung up on re-loads, yet. Only when trying to unload.

Scottsnipe: Where did you find those parts?

never mind, botach...I'm on it. Where did you find the stock? With that 2 round tube, you get 7 2 3/4" and 5 3" in her?

Gun broker has one starting bid 675 or buy now for 875

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: snipesu</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gun broker has one starting bid 675 or buy now for 875 </div></div>

Those stocks sure do bring a premium, you could almost buy a second Benelli for that, crazy.

They are a nice looking and nice peace to have but limited on modifications!!

I had a crush once, but it has passed. If I ever did get one, I'd want yours. Nice specimen.

I have run an M4 for a few years in 3-gun. I am happy with mine. I bought the replacement tube from SOCOMguy instead of the mag extension. This will let you load 7 rounds in the tube and 1 in the chamber. It is phosphate coated, color matches the rest of the metal, and is easy to install. Here is a link to a thread where you can find contact info for SOCOMguy. http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...8570#Post838570
I have had no trouble reloading the M4 in 3-gun other than I am just slow with loading, need to practice a lot more.

Thanks guys. I basically got it new for nothing, on a trade. yeah, that stock can blow me for that price, at least it better.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YourMotherTrebek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

the collapsible stock is overrated and overpriced.</div></div>

Second on that, although I don't know about pricing since here they used to come with collapsible stock. If you're shooting the M4 like a shotgun, the front of the buttstock will dig deeper and deeper in your cheek with every shot.

Of course you can cheat by holding your head back, but it also takes away the instinctiveness (I'm sure that's not even a word...) of shotgun shooting. And slows you down.

The buttstock may work with thick vests, but IMHO it's just bad design and insufficient testing...

I kinda like mine..had it 2 years...I find my 14" 590A1 entry gun way quicker and more fluid for multiple trgt engagements. My forend is from surefire, and its a reasonable priced good piece of kit.

IMG_0199.jpg

IMG_0204.jpg

IMG_0202.jpg

very nice mine was the standard model in desert camo

Alpha-8 where did you get your barrel? And dare I ask how much? I have been looking for one of those for a long time.

Hi there. As an M4 owner myself, I wanted to pass along some info on a Mesa Tactical stock that should be available in the coming months for the M4. Two advantages: 1) shortens the LOP a bit - fixed stock quite long for a lot of us and 2) provides an adjustable piece cheek that helps if you are using red dots, etc. Should be reasonably priced unlike purchasing the collapsing stock on Gunbroker or some place else.

http://www.mesatactical.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=722&p=4

BTW - you'll notice on the forum that they are building an adjustable piece cheek that will plug into the Benelli folding stock. Pretty cool stuff IMO.

Hey Buddy...that is how the M4 came...its the standard issue barrel...as far as I know..The only thing I changed was the mag extension..got rid of the crimped one..

I have the 1014; got it way back when they first came out. It has the skeleton collapsible stock that doesn't collapse unless you knock a roll pin out. However, the buffer tube doesn't allow for functionality of the collapsible stock, and the stock will collapse when fired. I have been asleep at the wheel for a while, but did benelli sell the m4 with the collapsible stock and correct buffer tube or did you guys do aftermarket mods?

I just bought myself an M4. Totally awesome. I have added a surefire rail, magpul AFG, sure cycle 2 shot extension and an 8-shot side saddle. Fully loaded it is really heavy. I'll probably get a pump shotgun to go on my camping pack though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alpha-8</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Buddy...that is how the M4 came...its the standard issue barrel...as far as I know..The only thing I changed was the mag extension..got rid of the crimped one.. </div></div>

Ah I misread, I thought you said your M4 had the 14" barrel on it. My mistake, Does anyone know where I can get an entry barrel for my M4? I know they can be found for the M1-M3 but I have had no luck getting one for my M4. Thanks

You can actually carry 9 rounds in the m4 with the tube ext. Seven rounds in the tube, one in the chamber, and you can float one on the carrier.

Comfort tech is where it is at for ease of shooting. It really works with the auto. I'd have no issues with shooting 100 plus rounds through mine in a sitting with no issues on the shoulder and I am a wuss. Just a bit of FYI.
Chad

NIce gun. I have the M1(delayed blowback) model. Simple pistol grip stock and a 6" rail on teh bottom of the forestock with a light on it. 9 rounds of 00 or slug is all ya need. 3" mags kick like a mule, but depending on what you need to shoot, does it really matter when life is at stake

yea i got rid of mine and went back to my rem 870 due to some issues i found when practicing

So other than it bring slower to reload than your 870 or 1100 what issues did you encounter? I love mine it will eat anything I throw at it and I have never had single malfunction of any kind and I probably have close to 2000 rounds thru it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: palmik</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the 1014; got it way back when they first came out. It has the skeleton collapsible stock that doesn't collapse unless you knock a roll pin out. However, the buffer tube doesn't allow for functionality of the collapsible stock, and the stock will collapse when fired. I have been asleep at the wheel for a while, but did benelli sell the m4 with the collapsible stock and correct buffer tube or did you guys do aftermarket mods? </div></div>

M4 has correct buffer tube, M1014 does not. Don't ask, I don't know why. It's a Benelli thing.

I had one and sold it sometime later. It was cool and all that, but I don't feel the price difference between it and an M1 Super 90 is justified. I'll end up buying another M1 down the road...found some nice ones in the 900.00-1100.00 range on various boards.

Steve

is there a 2 AND 3 position post? mine only seems to lock collapsed or extended not in the middle? It is stamped M4 on the side

I know alot of you guys are LEO. If you are, you can get the collapsible stock directley from Benelli for $150. Thats right, One Hundred & Fifty bucks! No need to spend $400-$700 on gun broker from a dealer who bought them dirt cheap! Give them a call!
Sorry dealers, but you cant always make all the $$$

Danny, glad to hear it, that is exactly the way I ordered mine. Hopefully will get it installed this week. I decided to finally upgrade my M4 with some new parts. So along with the new stock I got the Freedom Fighter Tactical 1/2 titanium charging handle and got a USA made follower from them, got a over sized safety from Dave's Metal Works, and a GG&G bolt release pad. Already have the full length tube. Now just need to put all the new parts on.

If guys are not LEO don't go paying $400+ for the collapsible stock. Botach (they are evil I know) had a run of them not long ago under $250 and I think in part due to that there's a couple guys on various boards selling them for similar pricing now. Still expensive compared to LEO pricing of ~$150 but better than what guys in the past have paid, probably close to what they should cost through a dealer if they were available. There's no way I'd ever pay $600 for one, but for $250 I'd get one if for no other reason to stick in the safe as the "holy grail" part for the M4.

I do want to try the mesa stock, I like their side saddle shell setup for the stock as well.

For you guys that have the Mesa with the cheek piece, how is the cheek piece is it fairly solid? Looking at their design I thought like it might flex towards the front since it seems unsupported?

The freedom fighter 1/2" charge handle is perfect, it's the perfect size the larger ones are a little too big in diameter.

I do like the GG&G release pad, but man they want a premium for that little guy. I'd have to play with one first before I dropped $120+ on it.

I finally got all the parts put on my M4 including Mesa stock with cheekpiece. I do like the stock. Definitely reduces the LOP and makes it a lot more comfortable. The cheekpiece is quite stable and offers four different heights. I agree that the Freedom Fighter Tactical 1/2" charge handle is the right size. GG&G release pad also seems nice but have yet to run it in a match. It is pricey.

Yeah that evil 922r.

We just need some more American made parts! Right now as I understand it you cannot get enough qualifying US made parts to run both a full length mag tube AND the collapsible stock. However the Mesa stock which IMO appears to be a better option anyway for actual use is a great option.

Right now I know you can get a US made mag tube, follower, forearm, and stock that are on the parts list. By most ATF responses that's enough to run the full mag tube, but not in combination with the collapsible stock.

It's funny because if someone would make that last qualifying part so guys could do both the collapsible stock and the full length mag tube I have to believe they'd sell a boat load of them. A simple us made hammer, sear, trigger guard, bolt, bolt carrier, gas piston would do it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ToddM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's funny because if someone would make that last qualifying part so guys could do both the collapsible stock and the full length mag tube I have to believe they'd sell a boat load of them. A simple us made hammer, sear, trigger guard, bolt, bolt carrier, gas piston would do it.

</div></div>

CarrierComp is getting ready to do just that:

http://www.carriercomp.com/FAQ.html

"the collapsible stock is overrated and overpriced"

Kind of like a titanium tube.