• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Berdan Primers Use

BLEE

SIMPLE-MINDED AMERICAN
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 29, 2020
NW Louisiana
I've acquired 5000 berdan primers for 7.62x39. Do they have any use, other than loading for berdan primed 7.62x39? What would be a good way of disposing of them?

Loading them and shooting them in brass that uses berdan primers :)

I too have a large lot, 3 or 5K
I bought tools to remove spent ones years ago. 1 is a lever type with a hook, never could figure out how to use it. The other involved useing water to push it out, hydraulic, it worked but was messy. After that it's pretty much like reloading anything else.

Mil crimp Berdan Primed 6.5x55, water deprime.
Balloon.jpg

Has increased powder capacity :)

I bought tools to remove spent ones years ago. 1 is a lever type with a hook, never could figure out how to use it. The other involved useing water to push it out, hydraulic, it worked but was messy.

Out of interest, what did you buy for the hydraulic method? I can’t see many currently available!

I’ve used the RCBS tool to relatively good effect with 7.5x55 GP11 brass but would like a hydraulic decapper as there’s less risk it’ll damage the brass.

Loading them and shooting them in brass that uses berdan primers :)
I'd do this, but I have a good supply of Russian, steel case, 7.62x39 to burn up and brass 7.62x39 is hard to find, right now.

I had bought mine off eBay a long time ago, somebody was making and selling them. I think I have 3; 7.62x39, Swiss 7.5, and 7.62x54. All my reloading stuff is in storage. (Divorced, & moved 4 times in last 10 years) I'll see if I can't find them.

I had bought mine off eBay a long time ago, somebody was making and selling them. I think I have 3; 7.62x39, Swiss 7.5, and 7.62x54. All my reloading stuff is in storage. (Divorced, & moved 4 times in last 10 years) I'll see if I can't find them.

Berdan decappers or the primers themselves?

I've acquired 5000 berdan primers for 7.62x39. Do they have any use, other than loading for berdan primed 7.62x39? What would be a good way of disposing of them?
Might sound silly but did you open them and verify they are Berdan primers? I ask cause i bought a couple cases of primers recently and come to find out they where boxed incorrectly in 7.62x39 berdan boxes, they actually had KVB-7.62 NATO boxer primers in them.

Might sound silly but did you open them and verify they are Berdan primers? I ask cause i bought a couple cases of primers recently and come to find out they where boxed incorrectly in 7.62x39 berdan boxes, they actually had KVB-7.62 NATO boxer primers in them.
Yes. KVB-7.62 is what I ordered, but recieved berdan. The seller made good on the KVB-7.62 and told me to keep the berdan.

I finally dug and found the de-cappers I had purchased off eBay back in the K31 days, still haven't located the RCBS hook tool I had. I wanted to reload the GP11. Looking at them now they seem over-built, steel with 1/2" copper tube & fittings. I used one on a few cases, but had bought boxer brass to load. I also have most of 5K berdan primers stashed. Maybe time to start hitting some ranges to pickup spent casings, prep, prime, & sell!? Probably not...
I don't know if anyone has any interest, but may be open to trade, I don't think my post count is high enough to list them here?? But I wanted to share pics of what I had.

Attachments

• 20201230_141356.jpg
    20201230_141356.jpg
    583.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 20201230_142404.jpg
    20201230_142404.jpg
    876.2 KB · Views: 26