• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

elwarpo

Still Learning...
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2011
North of Houston, TX
Got one and really like it. Swapped out the crappy Beretta stock for a Benelli pistol grip one and it is so much better. Very reliable, super light and loves anything I feed it. Who else has one? Pretty much a Benelli at half the price.

Attachments

• 20200804_234342.jpg
    20200804_234342.jpg
    530.8 KB · Views: 75
Had one. Has the most recoil of any 12G shotgun I ever had. Pretty cool design, its like a super light benelli M1S90. Like most inertia guns, especially the early ones, you can induce malfunctions by hanging shit off it or with a bad grip.

Shot a few boxes 3" slugs through it and it was enough.

One of the worst shotguns Beretta made IMO. This coming from someone with about $20K in Beretta Shotguns in the safe at the moment.

I agree with the recoil but the benelli stock makes a huge difference. It has a slightly different angle and is a bit heavier than the original and changes the balance more towards the rear which I find helps with controlability and recoil. The pistol grip also helps a lot, as it makes splitting the shotgun (pulling back into the shoulder with the rear hand and pulling forward with the front hand, trying to split the shotgun into 2 pieces) easier which helps control recoil on such a light gun. It has more recoil than my 1100 or 1187, but it is much lighter. It has lighter recoil than my winchester 1300, which is the same weight. I use it for home defense and use the 2 3/4 winchester defender slug/buckshot combo rounds. 3" slugs it it would be painful.

I had one and really liked the light weight. Ran great and felt good to hold. The downside, as has been mentioned; You pay for that weight when you pull the trigger. Kicks like hell. If I had to carry a shotgun for work where I never expected to use it this would be a great choice. If I had train with it often, give me something else.

Yup physics is a pain... every action has an equal reaction... I use it for home defense and recoil does not bother me. Had it at a defensive shotgun course and fired 175 rounds in a day including 25 slug.

An A390 it aint, but it works great with buckshot. I love mine, I have both barrels, (18" W/ghost ring and 20" w/rifle sights). It shoots most 9 pellet 00 buck without too much recoil (pain). I haven't been able to get any of the reduced recoil loads to see if it will eat those.

Mike

I bought one in the early 90s. It was my first entry into the "tactical" shotgun world. Felt amazing! Kicked like a mule. Sold it for that reason. I've got a factory Benelli M4 SBS that has about half the felt recoil and is 2/3 the size. I'm still glad I owned it. It was part of my learning.