• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bergara B14 HMR stock trigger vs. Trigger Tech Special

BisSilent

Trailer Park Engineer
Minuteman
Jun 15, 2020
Does anyone have experience with a stock Bergara HMR(in 6.5 creedmoor)trigger that has either upgraded to a Trigger Tech Special Trigger. The stock Trigger is just a tad over 2# and is very crisp without any noticeable creep. Would that upgrade be worth it???

Last edited:
I tried a TriggerTech special on my B-14R (not the HMR) and the sear length was different from the Bergara sear length, such that the bolt closed really hard due to the extra cocking length and camming. I took it out after about 20 rounds and found the sear on the TT was being damaged. Back on went the stock trigger... I have heard they work for some, and also saw where another guy had sent his in and Bergara had shortened the mating part on the cocking piece so that it worked with an aftermarket trigger. I doubt they have kept up that practice. I also heard there are a few other tirggers that work, such as the Bix'n'Andy I believe. Check out the Bergara B14R thread in the rimfire section for more info.

Reactions: BisSilent
I have a bix n Andy tacsport in my Bergara. We have different sear heights in our tacsport models. Works great. Fits perfect. If you use code Flatland01 at Bullet central you can get 30 off any of the triggers. They have a new Dakota trigger that pretty nice for the money I’d you don’t want a full on competition trigger.
The upgrade to a bix from the factory would be a huge difference.

I have a standard trigger in my HMR. After shooting dozens of Bergara's with TT, I wish I had upgraded. I probably will. They didn't feel lighter, but, just seemed to break cleaner. Probably all in my head, but, I do like them. I just ordered a Wilderness Terrain and I am curious to see the trigger in that.

I've got a Special in a B14 from 2017. Works great and a nice upgrade.