• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bergara B14R Range Day

I have one of the magazine block inserts coming from MPA, more data after I test it. I was able to get it a lot more reliable just testing over and over again very small movements of the adjustable mag catch. We'll see what happens when I get my part in a day or so.

Feeding in my whiskey 3 is not good. Tried 4 different mags today. Had 1 that was reliable, that now hangs up on rounds 6 and 8, even from the bench. Any backward pressure on the front of the mags = no feeding. If you put upward pressure on the front of the mags, feeding is fine. Need to get it figured out soon. Really accurate rifle, shoots center X better than my 40x and 52d.

Update, I was able to move the trigger guard forward on the whiskey 3, forend was already all the way back. It is feeding at the moment. Even feeds the top half of the mag fine with rearward pressure on the mag, but not the bottom half. Will know more next week once I get out and run it at the range.

Took the B14R to my home range in Roanoke, VA. Started out at 200 yds because winds were clam. I shot the Turkey and Chicken very well at 200yds. Wolf MT and ME, Eley Club, SK match and Long Range shot very well. The SKLR had 1" of vertical in about a 1.25" group. A friend gave me 1 box of SK Flat Nose Match. I seasoned the bore with SK Match and started shooting the Flat Nose. The first group had no vertical at all, The group was a line about 1" long, all wind. The second group had 4 in a .5" with one out. low about a inch. Hope I can find that lot. #16354/22404. Sorry all this was shot on steel (it got painted before I got Pics). The wind got to switching hard after that, it had been going out until it started going Rt. then Lt. It was switching 2 moa each way Rt then Lt.. Shooting was done at 200yds. Moved to 100yds and 50yds to shoot the KYL's. The B14R is going to shoot well at long range.
Mark

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Mark. I’ve been looking at trying the FN match in mine and you may have pushed me towards trying it.

Did you try it in your Vudoo as well?

Thanks for the info Mark. I’ve been looking at trying the FN match in mine and you may have pushed me towards trying it.

Did you try it in your Vudoo as well?

I wish, I had a Vudoo. I did try it in my T1x, 0.25" at 50 yds. Too winds for 200yds.

Still waiting on the magazine block from MPA but here's another question. I ordered 2 new mags from Bergara and they won't click in to my MPA chassis where the mag release is now but the one that came with it will. Did they change anything?

Do the MPA chassis come with the adjustable catch or is that an addon? Asked MPA a couple days ago, but havent heard back yet.

I got 3 more mags about 2 weeks ago, and all I can say is they feed and lockup just fine in my HMR stock. Nothing changed, that is visible to my eye.

My hybrid should be here Friday. Really hoping this thing will work out.

Last edited:
Buddy of mine put his B 14R in an ORYX the other day. Has run over 100 rounds without issue. I'm hoping to get a visual on the setup soon. I hope it continues to run well for him.

I put my B14R in a Bergara BMP chassis. Ran 125 rounds through it with no issues

It’s listed on Bergara’s website for $399.99 but is out of stock. I bought a used one from a fellow hide member. I have a BMP 6.5cm on order so I wanted the bmp chassis to make the guns as close to one another as possible

Fedex taking their sweet ass time, keep pushing back delivery of the chassis.

I wont get to test until next weekend it looks like, but at least ill also have the mag blocks by then.

It’s listed on Bergara’s website for $399.99 but is out of stock. I bought a used one from a fellow hide member. I have a BMP 6.5cm on order so I wanted the bmp chassis to make the guns as close to one another as possible

Reason I asked is that I didn't see it listed on the Bergara site. Looked everywhere, found HMR stocks, BDM, etc, but no BMP. Thanks for response.

Reason I asked is that I didn't see it listed on the Bergara site. Looked everywhere, found HMR stocks, BDM, etc, but no BMP. Thanks for response.

When I was looking for one it was listed on the web
Interesting, I cant find it listed anywhere on there either. We dum?

I just checked myself and it isn’t there now. As of about a month ago it was listed on the website but out of stock. No idea if the plan to make this available again or not. I would imagine there’s gotta be a few takeoffs floating around on here if you look. I just posted a want to but post and ended up with one that way.

Was thinking about transplanting mine into a Manners PRS-TCS, but all this compatibility talk is scaring me away from that... I'd hate to waste ~$1400 on a mod that'll make it shoot/function worse :/

Was thinking about transplanting mine into a Manners PRS-TCS, but all this compatibility talk is scaring me away from that... I'd hate to waste ~$1400 on a mod that'll make it shoot/function worse :/

Only thing I would say is, there are many examples out there of people using them, transplanted in all sorts of things, at the highest level of NRL22. I doubt too many people would be using them at the Championship, as they were, if they were having issues. I'm thinking(hoping) we are seeing more of the outliers than anything.

Please throw one in that stock, and post it up. Love that thing.

Got the hybrid in and all mounted. Seems to be feeding fine(didnt require adjusting mag catch or using mag blocks) just trying it out in the house, but we shall see.

Only issue I had was the front MPA action screw was a bit too long, and required me to double up on the washers, so hopefully that wont be a problem. They may have sent an incorrect screw, shrug.(EDIT: Nvm, im just an illiterate dumbass, you are supposed to double up anyway)

Will update when I get to the range this weekend and give it a proper workout.

Last edited:
Still waiting on the magazine block from MPA but here's another question. I ordered 2 new mags from Bergara and they won't click in to my MPA chassis where the mag release is now but the one that came with it will. Did they change anything?
Can confirm all of the new mags(October purchase) lock into my hybrid chassis.

Was able to replicate the feeding issues due to rearward pressure on the front of the mag. Will have to mess with the mag catch later today and see if that can solve it. Mag blocks had no affect.(EDIT: Mag block V1 seems to fix it, however it does hinder the mag dropping free, and makes insertion tougher)

1 layer of electrical tape solves the problem, so we are talking a very small tolerance issue. That is obviously not a solution, but that is the size of a proper solution(maybe even slightly thinner), just need to figure one out. Dont think adjusting the catch will work, the mag feels topped out.

Last edited:
Did a lot more testing with the new mags I got from the Bergara store. They do not have the same problem that the one that came with the gun has. I had to lower the mag catch to fit the new mags in and they feed very well. Don't know if they changed something or I got a dud but I'm pretty happy with it all now. Side note the mag blocks from MPA make it too tight to fit a Bergara mag easily but they seem like they would help with the vudoo mag I bought to try. The bolt doesn't like to go between the feed lips of the Vudoo mag though. Some filing and sanding would probably fix that. Don't want to move anything now that I've gotten it working though so haven't done any real testing with it.

There are so many variables when shooting a 22lr for precision...
Many who think they got a dud will actually find that it may have actually been parallax, light wind, improper fundamentals/follow through and things like that.
Most people can not hold a quarter inch group @100yds every single day, all day long, it just doesn't happen...
I truly believe this is the more inconsistent part of these fine rifles.
Yet, sometimes bad rifles can happen from great manufacturers.

Reactions: Schütze
Update, I was able to move the trigger guard forward on the whiskey 3, forend was already all the way back. It is feeding at the moment. Even feeds the top half of the mag fine with rearward pressure on the mag, but not the bottom half. Will know more next week once I get out and run it at the range.

Mine is running great in the whiskey 3 after moving the trigger guard forward. Fed perfect through 250 rounds today. Didn't mind pressure from a game changer off the tank trap either.

Ran some of the SK flatnose match earlier today at 50yds. Nothing spectacular from either of these lots, but it was consistent.

This ammo is very sensitive to proper feeding. I had the B14r in a manners that I had bedded for a different rifle and had 30% failure to feed with the FN match but no issues with Sk Std + or Center X a week earlier. When swapped back into the factory stock, 0 issues with feeding today.

F9F9C172-E91B-42F4-9335-C0B0CAB73C96.jpeg

.6 with SK sounds pretty good to me. Real close to what im getting with CX

Have a brick of the FN, but waiting to bust into it until the RM and STD+ show up next week.

@mikehonchoftw Ive actually found with more testing that im seeing the same thing you are. The mag i got with the rifle is having all of the feeding issues, and the new mags seem to have no issues unless a ton of pressure is put on the leading corner. Just happened to have my mag catch adjusted so both would lock up, but have noticed that the new ones all require a little extra pressure. Seems like they definitely changed something, would also explain why they totally disappeared for awhile.

Hey guys What's the go?
Do the magazines definitely work in an mpa hybrid?

What are the magazine blocks you guys have mentioned?
Where can I order them from?

Cheers

Hey guys What's the go?

Cheers

Works well with an MPA comp chassis, but only with the mag block insert installed.

Reactions: Aussiedan
Hey guys What's the go?

Cheers
Newer mags have been working flawlessly in my hybrid. Cant remember if i put in mag block V1 or V2, one of them definitely worked better than the other however.

Works well with an MPA comp chassis, but only with the mag block insert installed.

I am having trouble getting my mags to lock into place, is that a lack of mag block issue or does the mag catch need adjustment? Tried to adjust my mag catch but the screw stripped.. so waiting on a new screw to keep playing with it and just wondering what i need. Thanks

I am having trouble getting my mags to lock into place, is that a lack of mag block issue or does the mag catch need adjustment? Tried to adjust my mag catch but the screw stripped.. so waiting on a new screw to keep playing with it and just wondering what i need. Thanks
Mag catch needs to be slid down. Mine only needed a very small adjustment.

Honestly i am surprised mine didnt strip, as it took so much force that when it finally broke free it threw a spark. Sucker was locked down. Just curious, any idea how old the mags are? Newer rifle(~Septemberish)? The extra mags i ordered from Bergara at the end of Sept didnt seat properly until catch was adjusted, but the one that shipped with the rifle did. The newer ones feed much better however.

Should add that you do want the mag blocks to make them feed reliably, but that is not what is causing your issue.

Last edited: