• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bergara BMR Barrel detached?

Myrradah

Private
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2023
Albuquerque, NM
Hi all,

bought a New BMR from gunbroker - said factory new but it came in with the barrel detached. Is that normal for other BMR owners?

My Berhgara B14 HMR did not come detached so it doesnt make sense to me and figured id ask.

I sent a request to BergaraUSA.com as well but you guys may be faster.

Thanks,
Mike

I'm trying to understand what you mean. The barrel is not attached to the action? Or the barreled action is not in the stock?

Anschutz started shipping their rifles with the barreled action not in the stock, but in the same box. Not sure when they did that, I bought three Anschutz rifles in the last year and they came assembled.

Reactions: gr8guns
I'm trying to understand what you mean. The barrel is not attached to the action? Or the barreled action is not in the stock?

Anschutz started shipping their rifles with the barreled action not in the stock, but in the same box. Not sure when they did that, I bought three Anschutz rifles in the last year and they came assembled.

its all there, but the barrel is not attached to the action. Which is fine normally I dont mind putting it together, but seems as though it wouldnt be factory condition then.

Attachments

• IMG_1171.jpg
    IMG_1171.jpg
    712.3 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_1172(2).jpg
    IMG_1172(2).jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 187
Okay, wow! That is the first time I have seen something like that. And I thought is was weird that my B14r barreled action was in a rifle box and came with bottom metal.

Yeah, my B14r complete rifle I bought a little more than a month ago most certainly came completely assembled.

I received a new BMR early in their release (Oct'22), but it arrived with the barrel assembled to the action and in the stock.

They came that way in the mid 80's, I have a couple.

This is absolutely NOT normal. I'd be incredibly curious to find out exactly why the barrel was not attached...it certainly doesn't leave me with a "everything is fine" feeling.

Does the HMR barrel disassemble from the Semi reciever ,like the 10-22 or the REM.597? I’m not familiar with that rifle.If it does it is a fairly simple assembly,the BMR has a barrel threaded to the action,most actions that are screwed or pinned are not going to be shipped,….are not ABLE to be shipped apart ,they need to be headspaced and permanently assembled at the factory,many semis are different in barrel attachment,shorter packages can be used when apart,logistically ,shorter ,smaller packages are easier to ship, less prone to damage and so cost less. Even bolt actions can be shipped smaller when taken out of the stock.
Have you seen the shipping on fishing poles,especially one piece? Same thing.

I see it was a BMR? WOW! That’s unheard of ,til now! No that is not right ,you need an action wrench ,action vise and headspace gauges to come with it ,for the same price ,that might be worth it! But it really should be assembled for you!