• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bergara HMR Pro 6.5 CM

matchbook454

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 1, 2019
N.E. IL
I bought this rifle last year and am very impressed with it so far. I have 240 rounds through it and am getting .567” moa at 600 yards with it shooting factory Hornady ELDM 147’s. Going to be reloading for the first time soon here. Have just about everything I need. Changed my mind last minute though on how I will size my brass but other than that I’m good to go. Can’t wait to see how this goes! Anyone else here shoot a Bergara?

I shot somebody else's Bergara the other day, to check its accuracy using my handloads. I warmed up the barrel with a 1.25" 10-shot group, then shot a 0.375" 5-shot group when I used the second load I brought (only had 5 of that load). It's a 22" barreled Hunter model. Very fine rifle.

Yep. Regular HMR. Only done 2 comps, but i was able to hang with the rest of the guys in my squad. I’ve never felt hampered by it, and have had it out to 1315 without issues

They’re definitely shooters that’s for sure! I am hoping to shoot my first PRS match the end of April but doubt it’ll happen thanks to Covid-19 but do not feel that my Bergara will let me down. I may let it down though!?

I know I’m the weak link in my system. Although I like to try and blame my scope so I can justify a new one ?

Reactions: matchbook454
I have an HMR Pro in 6.5 CM. Currently I have the action in a MPA Matrix Chassis but it will be going back in the factory stock soon as I recently purchased a Defiance barreled action for the MPA Chassis. The HMR Pro is an excellent value for the money. The action is very smooth and mine will shoot right at or just below .5 MOA with Hornady 140 ELD Match or hand loads. I haven't had an opportunity to stretch it out beyond 500 yards, but its deadly accurate out as far as I've had an opportunity to test it.

I have the HMR pro in 6.5 cm also. Shoots very well, and smoothest factory action I've felt, short of rifles in the custom price range. The only thing that would make me hesitant to buy another is because I want my next rifle to be a lefty, and Bergara doesn't offer the premier action in left yet. Other than that, I see no reason to hate it.

6BFF1855-5DB0-4671-B4CA-820BD1CEB5F5.png

Reactions: HMRamateur
And the next group after the previous pic. Was playing with seating depth. These are .015 and .025”off lands with 147 ELDM’s.

Up until last Friday, my wife has never shot beyond 200 yards. She has very little time behind a rifle. I bought her a box stock Bergara Ridge in 6.5cm. We started at 500 yards getting our dope. Here she is at 700 yards. She shot great at 800 yards, but was 10" low. I corrected her dope, but the wind started howling. I'm very impressed with her shooting and the rifle.

Attachments

• IMG_20200508_102353672_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200508_102353672_HDR.jpg
    847.5 KB · Views: 72
Reactions: Dragonscout25
I was dead set on the Pro in 6.5 Creedmoor and had cash in hand, but while my dealer was searching for one, he pulled out an HMR in 6.5 with the glass I was looking for. Made me a deal I couldn't refuse.

Pulled this off last night. I have some work to do, but I love it. I'd like a Pro eventually in a heavier caliber though.

Attachments

• IMG_20200705_152732_893.jpg
    IMG_20200705_152732_893.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 51