• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bergara Rifles Pictures Thread *include specifics*

I have vortex low on a 20moa base with a dmr. The dmr is a 50mm and are obviously stuby and short. I'm gonna say you will be more than fine with a pst to be honest but I'm sure someone else will have a concrete answer for ya
Thanks. I'm hoping so. I found the measuring for ring size thread on here but the rings and base will be here soon enough so I guess we shall see. I know its an annoying noob question but just figured id fire it off anyhow just in case some one had a definitive answer.

Thanks. I'm hoping so. I found the measuring for ring size thread on here but the rings and base will be here soon enough so I guess we shall see. I know its an annoying noob question but just figured id fire it off anyhow just in case some one had a definitive answer.

Everyone is a noob! No matter what they tell ya ;)

Reactions: Zack_va248
This is a 6.5-20X50 in Burris .85" high rings on a 20 MOA base, I think you'll be fine clearance wise.
HMR Pic Rail I.jpg

HMR Pic Rail IV.jpg

The brake is from Damage Industries, it's alright, it's no Area419 or anything but it cuts the recoil down a little bit. Correct, my HMR is a 6.5.

http://damageindustriesllc.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=210
You should give the Patriot Valley Arms 'Jet Blast' a try. I was amazed how much it cut down the recoil on my B-14 HMR and it is a 6.5 just like yours. I used to have a different muzzle brake on my .300 Win Mag but it was bothering the guys shooting in the lanes next to me and I took it down after my wife actually saw a piece of carbon build up fly into the next range when we were shooting by ourselves. The 'Jet Blast' cut recoil down by at least 50%, which I was not even expecting in my mild 6.5. I can now see the impact, my shoulder thanks me, and no one in the other lanes ever complained, matter of fact some guys asked me 'if this thing really works'. I let them take a few shots and they wrote down the manufacturer name.

Attachments

• 20180821_123513.jpg
    20180821_123513.jpg
    405.1 KB · Views: 123
  • 20180731_092825.jpg
    20180731_092825.jpg
    339.3 KB · Views: 117
  • 20180731_092813.jpg
    20180731_092813.jpg
    337 KB · Views: 116
Adhesive backed foam sheet. I put it on a lot of my cheek pieces for padding and to give it slip resistance. An 8.5X11 sheet is about a dollar and will do several cheek pieces.

Adhesive backed foam sheet. I put it on a lot of my cheek pieces for padding and to give it slip resistance. An 8.5X11 sheet is about a dollar and will do several cheek pieces.
Nice! How does the adhesive hold up in the Winter?

the adhesive actually holds pretty well, I've had the guns out in everything from 20 degree cold to 100 degree heat and it stayed on, an edge may pop up but it can be pressed back down. Even then, a whole sheet is a little more than a dollar so it's not expensive or hard to replace it. In my experience the adhesive backed foam holds up better than moleskin, looks better (available in brown and black), and it's cheaper.

That sounds good. In the military I remember how anything and everything was being fixed with 1oo-Mile-An-Hour tape, olive drab duct tape essentially, and when it got cold things literally became 'unglued'. I'll have to look for some of that foam sheet. Where do you buy yours?

BergaraETR.png

Details:

- Bergara BMP 6.5 Creedmoor
- Athlon Ares ETR - Mil version 4.5-30x56
- Spuhr 1.18" high 34mm mount with 20MOA cant
- Seekins rail with 20MOA cant
- Patriot Valley Arms Shockwave muzzle brake
- Peleton TipTop 6"-9" bipod
- Hog Saddle MARC QD Plate (Arca/RC2 plate for mounting on tripod)

Happy shooting everyone!

Last edited:
I’ve seen everything from tikka build threads to howa 1500 build threads but noooo bergara threads. Let’s see em!

Just acquired a Premier Approach in 6.5CM and Corban Shell helped me decide on a Sightron SIII 6-24x50ss with the MOA-H precision LR reticle. Got a 20 MOA scope base for it. Also got a Short Action Precision sling with flushcups. As a newb wanting to try prs in addition to hunting, is a bipod a critical component and if so, what should i be looking for in max height, pan, and tilt? Also, what ring mfgr works great on a picitinny scope base?

If your Picatinny rail is steel stick with steel rings, if it is aluminum then go with aluminum. I've got Talley 30mm High Tactical 6-Screw rings, on a Talley Remington 700 SA 20 MOA base for my Zeiss on my HMR, they are rock solid and my scope isn't going anywhere I don't intend it to go. Just go with a quality set of rings and base and you won't regret it, don't put El Cheapo on a $1,000 scope, what you save will cost you in accuracy. Talley, NightForce, Warne, EGW, ARC, Leupold, Vortex, ... all are good options. My base and rings were about $230 of which the rings were about $160.

View attachment 6960519

Details:

- Bergara BMP 6.5 Creedmoor
- Athlon Ares ETR - Mil version 4.5-30x56
- Spuhr 1.18" high 34mm mount with 20MOA cant
- Seekins rail with 20MOA cant
- Patriot Valley Arms Shockwave muzzle brake
- Peleton TipTop 6"-9" bipod
- Hog Saddle MARC QD Plate (Arca/RC2 plate for mounting on tripod)

Happy shooting everyone!
How do you like that Athlon Ares ETR? I've been looking at those for my B-14 Timber in .300WM.

How do you like that Athlon Ares ETR? I've been looking at those for my B-14 Timber in .300WM.

Love it so far... Waited quite a long time to get one and they flew off the shelves when they first became available. Nice clear glass with great illuminated reticle , firm clicks on the turret with zero stops, first focal plane and tracks accurately, great amount of adjustment range... I got it for just under $1K after considering several other scopes that were significantly more expensive (Vortex, Steiner).

There's a long thread that's been going on here about the scope if you haven't seen it already: https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/athlon-ares-etr.6825392/

Cheers,

Love it so far... Waited quite a long time to get one and they flew off the shelves when they first became available. Nice clear glass with great illuminated reticle , firm clicks on the turret with zero stops, first focal plane and tracks accurately, great amount of adjustment range... I got it for just under $1K after considering several other scopes that were significantly more expensive (Vortex, Steiner).

There's a long thread that's been going on here about the scope if you haven't seen it already: https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/athlon-ares-etr.6825392/

Cheers,
I saw the thread a while ago but most folks were still waiting to receive their scopes. In July I participated in the Bergara Experience event at the Fort Carson range and they had some reps from Zeiss on location. I really liked the clarity of the Conquest V4 6-24x50 with the illuminated ZMOA1i reticle. When the Zeiss USA director of marketing handed me a 20% off coupon I pulled the trigger on it although I usually don't go with 2nd FP scopes but so far this scope has been a pure pleasure. I've got it mounted on my 6.5 Creedmoor HMR but I'm eyeing the Athlon to replace a Steiner scope I bought when I was stationed in Germany years ago that is currently mounted on my .300WM B-14 Timber. Good to hear that the Athlon is all that it was expected to be I think I might just have to make that one of my next few purchases.

Last edited:
Thought I'd post some pics of the bad boy with everything the way I wanted it. Still thinking about maybe having the stock hydrodipped in Kryptek Nomad now that I've had the barreled action and triggerguard cerakoted.

Attachments

• 20181121_134136ac-Edit.jpeg
    20181121_134136ac-Edit.jpeg
    334.9 KB · Views: 461
  • 20181121_134305ac-Edit.jpg
    20181121_134305ac-Edit.jpg
    272.9 KB · Views: 340
Standard HMR
Trijicon Accupower 4-16x50
Harris Bipod
Leupold Mark 4 Base
Warne Rings

Very basic but great rifle

RIyeA56.jpg

Attachments

• B14HMR.jpg
    B14HMR.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 249
Last edited:
Standard HMR
Trijicon Accupower 4-16x50
Harris Bipod
Leupold Mark 4 Base
Warne Rings

Very basic but great rifle

RIyeA56.jpg
midSCarolina Did you include pics and they got stripped? Saw one in the notification but nothing in the forum.

Thought I'd post some pics of the bad boy with everything the way I wanted it. Still thinking about maybe having the stock hydrodipped in Kryptek Nomad now that I've had the barreled action and triggerguard cerakoted.

What brake looks like an MPA

• Patriot Valley Arms, ‘Jet Blast’ 6.5 Creedmoor Muzzle Brake, black nitrided stainless steel with self-timing timer nut
  • Talley, Remington 700 Short Action 20 MOA 1913 Picatinny Rail
  • Talley, 30mm High Tactical 6-Screw Rings
  • Zeiss, Conquest V4 6-24x50mm Rifle Scope, ZMOA1 illuminated Reticle, Ballistic Stop, 2nd Focal Plane, 80 MOA total elevation
  • Zeiss, Conquest V4 Throw lever
  • Butler Creek, Ocular Flip-Up Cover #15
  • Butler Creek, Objective Flip-Up Cover #39
  • Tenebraex, #5 Sunguard Anti Reflective Device (ARD), ‘Kill Flash”
  • B&T Industries/Accu-Shot BT17 1913 Picatinny Rail on forearm
  • B&T Industries/Accu-Shot BT34 1913 Picatinny Rail on buttstock
  • B&T Industries/Accu-Shot BT12-QK Standard Height, Precision Rail Monopod
  • B&T Industries/Accu-Shot BT46-LW17 PSR Atlas Bipod w/ADM lever mount for attachment to 1913 Picatinny Rail
  • B&T Industries/Accu-Shot BT43 Leveraged rail for Precision Monopods and 1913 Picatinny rails as quick detachment adapter
  • Quake, ‘The Claw’ Flush Cup Mount QD Rifle sling in Sand Camo
  • Short Action Precision, ‘SAP Two Rounder’ 6.5 Creedmoor Canvas Loop and Black Velcro patch attachable extra round holder
  • Sighthound Ballistics, 6.5 Creedmoor Magazine I.D. Bands (so I don't accidentally grab one of my .308's mags)
  • Flatline Ops slot-lok Angle Degree indicator mount
  • U.S. Sniper Tools Angle Degree Indicator
  • Vortex Anti-Cant Bubble Level
  • Barrel and Action cerakoted matte black.

Last edited:
I think mine is for sure finished now, except for the brake
I like the Patriot Valley Arms Jet Blast, significantly reduced recoil, no muzzle rise, and the gas is vented mostly sideways so I don't get complaints from neighboring lanes plus it is easy to mount and time with the timer nut, or remove for cleaning.

I was told by Timney that their trigger would not set under 2.8 pounds on that rifle. Can you tell me of there is a better trigger that will go lighter. They told me it was because the firing pin spring was so tight. thanks

I was told by Timney that their trigger would not set under 2.8 pounds on that rifle. Can you tell me of there is a better trigger that will go lighter. They told me it was because the firing pin spring was so tight. thanks
Which rifle are you referring to? Is it a B-14, or a Premier series? Bergara also just restarted its custom series.

HMR in 6.5cm
Athlon Ares ETR scope
Area 419 Helfire brake
Weibad Cheek pad
Leofoto 404c Tripod with LH55 Ballhead
Area 419 arca rail
Triggertech Diamond Teigger

Upcoming mods: barrel and bolt fluting and cerekote
View attachment 6991409View attachment 6991410View attachment 6991411
Looking good!
For which listed stock manufacturer did you purchase the Weibad Cheek pad since they don't have the Bergara HMR listed? Also, how is that TriggerTech Black Diamond Trigger working out for you and where do you have it set?
I was going to install one in my HMR but I made the mistake of reading the manual and also seeing the manufacturer's warnings on the TriggerTech, Timney, and Bergara sites about the Bergara B-14 bolt spring being supposedly heavier than the 700 Remington's and that you should not set the Trigger below 2LBs. for the B-14 (2 - 4 Lbs is its adjustable range) the Black Diamond's range is 4oz. to 2Lbs. which would have meant I'd have to set it at max. to be safe according to them. Have you had any issues?

Looking good!
For which listed stock manufacturer did you purchase the Weibad Cheek pad since they don't have the Bergara HMR listed? Also, how is that TriggerTech Black Diamond Trigger working out for you and where do you have it set?
I was going to install one in my HMR but I made the mistake of reading the manual and also seeing the manufacturer's warnings on the TriggerTech, Timney, and Bergara sites about the Bergara B-14 bolt spring being supposedly heavier than the 700 Remington's and that you should not set the Trigger below 2LBs. for the B-14 (2 - 4 Lbs is its adjustable range) the Black Diamond's range is 4oz. to 2Lbs. which would have meant I'd have to set it at max. to be safe according to them. Have you had any issues?
My bad, just noticed Weibad does have the HMR listed now. Still interested to hear your experience with the Black Diamond though.

My bad, just noticed Weibad does have the HMR listed now. Still interested to hear your experience with the Black Diamond though.

Its not a "black" diamond? it's definately red. Not a special edition or anything. when i had it set to around 1lb everytime i lifted the bolt handle the firing pin would fall.

i contacted triggertech about it and am sending it back for a replacement. they think its a sear spring issue. i set it at 1.5lb for hunting and shooting and had 0 issues. tried everything and it wouldn't missfire.

if i have issues again, ill just get the triggertech special and run that at its lightest setting and find a different use for the diamond.

Sorry I got it mixed up 'Diamond' is what I meant. Been thinking about getting the TriggerTech Special myself. Nice set up and congrats on the Whitetail buck.

IMG_20181220_214535.jpg

B14 HMR, 24" barrel 6.5 Creed.
Vortex HST 4-16X44, Leopold rings and base
Atlas BT17 rail, PSR tall bipod.

On the list;
Athlon Cronus or Ares ETR
Area 419 brake
Timney Calvin Elite flat blade

I've been keeping an eye on a 6.5CM Bergara LRP at Scheels for a few weeks. I was wondering thru before Christmas and they had it marked down to $1199 (w/o scope..) so I went for it. Looked like it had a box or two thru it....

LRP 6.5 CM
Factory Base
Seeking rings
Athlon Cronus BRT
VG6 Brake
UTG Recon Bipod
Not the POS factory mag that came with it...

With the weather and the holidays I've only got an hour at the range, but it seems to shoot ok (Hornady 140 Match @ 100 yards...)

Attachments

• 0101191850a.jpg
    0101191850a.jpg
    405.3 KB · Views: 190
  • 1230181310.jpg
    1230181310.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
This might not be the best place to post this, but does anyone know what the receiver is tapped for on the B14? 6-48 or 8-32?
This thread should get a sticky.

Reactions: sdvikingsfan
Bergara B-14s are 6-48, just like the Remington 700s. They accept any base, or rings you can mount on the Remington 700.

Thanks. Longtime reader, not much posting, I can usually find what i'm looking for with search.
Who needs to be poked to sticky this thread?

View attachment 6991767

B14 HMR, 24" barrel 6.5 Creed.
Vortex HST 4-16X44, Leopold rings and base
Atlas BT17 rail, PSR tall bipod.

On the list;
Athlon Cronus or Ares ETR
Area 419 brake
Timney Calvin Elite flat blade
On the fore end rail section, can you tell me about the screws? Trying to figure out if I can just use the OEM sling swivel screws or if I need to purchase new screws to mount the pic section.

On the fore end rail section, can you tell me about the screws? Trying to figure out if I can just use the OEM sling swivel screws or if I need to purchase new screws to mount the pic section.
I got a set of the BT1517 screws and used them with the BT17 on my HMR. Remounting the sling studs really doesn't work because one of them has to go in order for the bipod to attach. If you still want to attach a sling just use the QD flush cups on either side, better solution anyway because that way the mag doesn't poke you into your shoulder when carrying.

Last edited: