• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Berger 130 otm 6.5 creedmoor w/ superformance powder

Dave__th3__ss

Ammo prep guy
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 28, 2020
My reloading room
Chasing 2900 fps with my 6.5cm. Looking in to trying the berger 130gt otm. Ultimate goal is to get to 1000 yards accurately and being consistently.

I have about 15 lbs of superformance powder as I use it in my 300wsm and 6.5 loads.

Looking for anyone that has experience with the 130 otm and superformance.

Currently running 143 gr eldx with 41.6gr superformance.

Last edited:
Did you get anywhere with this. Was thinking of a similar 6.5CM load.

That seems to be the consensus. I have a pound of it and I'd love to do something fun. Thanks for the reply.

That seems to be the consensus. I have a pound of it and I'd love to do something fun. Thanks for the reply.
at the time that’s all I could get my hands on. But since then have sold the 6.5 and only load with varget and h1000 for my rifles now

I'll throw the chrono on my rifle next time I send some 130gr Berger OTM's down range through my 6.5 CM. I have a load worked out with Winchester 6.5 Sta-Ball.

I'll throw the chrono on my rifle next time I send some 130gr Berger OTM's down range through my 6.5 CM. I have a load worked out with Winchester 6.5 Sta-Ball.
That's what I just put together. I've got 43.8 gn going about 2650. Interested in what's working. I want to see if I can push them faster.

It seems that a lot of barrels running the Berger 130 OTMs seem to have a node around 2850 fps. My 24" RPR loves them at 2850 fps pushed by RL-16. The node I found is rather wide with equal accuracy from 2820-2880 fps. During load development, I ran up to 2920 fps, but accuracy sucked and I was starting to get pressure signs. I backed it down to the center of the proven node at 2850 and brass life is exceptional. 3" groups at 800 yards are regular on cloudy days with no mirage.

Sorry I couldn't help on the Superperformance powder. Those Berger 130 OTMs have a short bearing surface as compared to other 130 class bullets, so they have less driving friction in the barrel. This helps to keep peak chamber pressures saner at faster speeds. Its likely you can get Superperformance up into the mid 2900s without pressure signs to see if a node shows up.

Reactions: JRolke and RLinNH
Revising an older thread. Using Superformance and 130 Bergers but with the VLD, Running around 2850, accuracy has been excellent.

When I shoot on paper (which is only when I absolutly have too) I am getting groups I only dreamed of prior to obtaining my first Precision rifle in 2017)

I don't push them and the velocity I am getting has been something of a surprise. Usually when I purchase a rifle, it always seems to have a slow barrel and I always just wrote it off to gun writers optimism. (as in magazines depend on advertisers dollars so they make advertisers products look just a tad bit better than they really are, shooting velocities, I could never achieve and obtaining groups that were simply unobtainium in the real world)