• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report berger 6 creedmoor ammo questions

briang7511

steel smasher
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2013
Michigan
Could someone with the berger factory loaded 6 cm ammo with 105 hybrids take a few measurements? Thankyou in advance. Looking at trying some but they do post a lower velocity than typical of most hand loaders and from what i have read and currently load. But 150 fps in my case isnt that big of a deal.

COAL?
Length to ogive?
type of brass?
Velocity?
overall thought on performance?

I’ve been shooting 105 handloads in my 6 creed for awhile and I thought I had a ton of premature throat erosion, come to find out that with the hybrid the Sammi spec reamer won’t let you chase lands if that’s what you’re after, it’s made more a 108 eld shaped bullet so my hybrids jump hella far but they still shoot amazingly

Reactions: reubenski
@Redeye3 has some of mine

short
short
lapua 6 creed brass
2960ish from 26" savage takeoff barrel

shoots fine especially for price and brass to reload/sell

when i had it chambered i had a choice, either for 108 eld hornady which was longer throat .180 fb, or shorter for 105 berger .140 fb which is what i chose. Just wanted to make sure that a factory berger 105 would fit. Found the answer yesturday. They are loaded pretty short approx .060 jump in my gun. i handload but for price of berger ammo with lapua brass seems too good to be true. the brass and the bullet cost me the same as the box ammo then add primer and powder plus time to load it.

Reactions: reubenski
the brass and the bullet cost me the same as the box ammo then add primer and powder plus time to load it.

If I wasn’t so deep into reloading, this is what I would do. Sell the Lapua brass for $65-70 shipped to get some of the cost back.

Not having to worry about lot changes, brass work, chronographs, the frustration when your load isn’t shooting for some reason, etc

Too easy!

If I wasn’t so deep into reloading, this is what I would do. Sell the Lapua brass for $65-70 shipped to get some of the cost back.

Not having to worry about lot changes, brass work, chronographs, the frustration when your load isn’t shooting for some reason, etc

Too easy!

the report i got was single digit sd/es 2900 fps. not sure on barrel length.

shot 10 boxes of the same lot
its lapua brass
24" barrel gave approx 2910fps average.
10-12SD and sometimes a 30+fps ES when I'd test.
about 1moa give or take at 1k yards, bullets get blown all over after about 600 to 800.
groups as good as any other factory match ammo, about 3/4moa for 5 shots in my aiax.
I bought it for the fireformed lapua brass.
i think next time I'll just buy brass and load.

Bingo @Supersubes

Yep, you'll need a shorter freebore to chase the lands with Hybrids or 110 SMKs. DTACs could work with what you have if the throat continues to erode and the Hybrids don't like the continuing long jump
I might be the only one ever from what I’ve read to have less than stellar results with dtacs. And 110smk’s &142smk’s made me never want to give Sierra money again. 108’s it is for me duder, it’s funny how some people hate on hornady bullets but I’ve yet to find a rifle they didn’t shoot very well and tune extremely easy out of. I even switched to 147’s in my 6.5 over Berger 140h. I’m a hornady believer now. AND sometimes you can buy HUGE lots if you have the coin. Bluecollarreloading.com will sell you giant lots for way cheaper than midway.

Bingo @Supersubes

Yep, you'll need a shorter freebore to chase the lands with Hybrids or 110 SMKs. DTACs could work with what you have if the throat continues to erode and the Hybrids don't like the continuing long jump

Lol. I never disputed that. My point was that it’s perfect for the 115’s.

Lol. I never disputed that. My point was that it’s perfect for the 115’s.
I get ya! What do you mean about hybrids not liking the continued long jump. Like when they already jump super far, the throat erosion will eventually make them jump to far. The reason I ask is that my 6creed ran the 105 from 200-750 shots in and was still shooting them well. You think chances are it would have fell to crap like say around 1000+?

I get ya! What do you mean about hybrids not liking the continued long jump. Like when they already jump super far, the throat erosion will eventually make them jump to far. The reason I ask is that my 6creed ran the 105 from 200-750 shots in and was still shooting them well. You think chances are it would have fell to crap like say around 1000+?
I think this was supposed to be for reubinski.

Yes that’s what he’s saying about the jump. At some point they may stop shooting and the 115 would squeak out some more life. I like them better personally, and just start with them.