• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Berger Request Thread

nick338

Commander- of what I have no idea
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2013
In addition to the prototype 245 LRHT bullet that Bryan shot at the NF Challenge, who here would like to see Berger release a .30 cal 225 EOL for long range hunting in 300 WSM, 300 Win, 300 PRC, etc?

With 100 grains of N570 my edge would probably get 3050.
Would be one hell of a great option for all the lapua and Norma shooters.

Reactions: Earnhardt
I gave up on the those 338 punishers a few years ago in favor of the milder 300 Norma. N570 has been the ticket for 245's and 250's so far and I'm really hoping Berger has tweaked the 245 EOL into a higher bc LRHT.

I feel like a 225 would split the difference well between the 205 and 245 hunters for anything between 30-06 and 300 PRC.

They are one of the smaller operations on the scale of manufacturing with the likes of Federal, Hornady, etc. but surely becoming one of the most sought after. Demand for anything Berger or Lapua is the through the roof right now. With people paying inflated prices for anything that hits the shelves, including 2-3x the normal value on Gunbroker, I don't see it changing anytime soon.

Reactions: Baron23
How about make more of what you've got? :)

I'm not dangerously low on my 230 hybrids, but I do get a bit of anxiety when I look at the bullet shelf in my reloading room/office.

I would love to see some 245 LRHT bullets. I ran out of 220 gr LRHT. Happy to have been able to purchase 400 230 OTMs recently. Still haven't been able to shoot because the three counties around me all have fire/shooting restrictions. Crazy how we haven't barely had any snow even at 9,000 ft elevation in Colorado.

Reactions: Schw15
Is the 245 LRHT really a thing coming? Any truth data on that/timeline? I was at the NF challenge with Bryan, but I didn't hear him mention he was working with some prototypes.

Reactions: category_theory
Scott, I was made aware of the link I posted about 4-5 months ago, so you know as much as I do. Were you aware of what he was shooting at that match?

It makes sense for Berger to add this to their inventory as they seem to be putting a ton of effort into these LRHT bullets now, and with ELR taking off, a true .30 heavyweight that can compete with Hornady's 250 A-tip seems like the next logical choice along with something in .338.

Nick, can you repost that link? I am missing it on this thread.

I was shooting a 300NM at the NF Challenge as well. When I spoke with Bryan at length regarding the 300NM, he mentioned that he was using the 245 EOLs, but did not mention anything about a prototype. I do vaguely remember him mentioning that he like to 'tip' his bullets which aligns with the LRHT way of thinking...so maybe he was working with a prototype? or maybe he was just using tipped 245 EOLs as a concept? I am not too sure but I can reach out to him.

Either way, I totally agree that a 250 class LRHT would be fantastic. I have called Berger to express my interest in such an idea as well as pass along that others would be interested. They rely on consumer feedback for decisions regarding where to place their weight of effort, so I recommend people who are on this thread or others who would like to see a 250 class LRHT to call Berger and let them know of your interest! Otherwise, we are just hoping they read our mind and wishing for something that doesn't currently exist.

That being said, if anyone is considering using the 250 ATIPs, I recommend you steer away. I had them explode constantly while at the NF match. I have called Hornady many times and let them know the issue, as well as others experiencing the issue. They constantly tell me they never have had any of this feedback, even after I called a few months later and talked to a different technician. I keep getting the 'deny, deny deny!' logic from Hornady customer service, and I have even expressed how their reputation may take a hit if they don't correct the issue. They also walked back their 1:8 twist recommendation that I followed for my build. As a little nugget of info, the ATIPs were one of the last items to be taken off the prize table of over 200+ people...the word was getting around at the match....so much, that when a bullet exploded the RO's question was 'Shooting ATIPs?'. Bottom line: go with Berger + Lapua and enjoy shooting...just my 2 cents. Berger customer service and products have been fantastic from my experience.

Reactions: BCX and kthomas
A 265-270 LRHT 338 bullet!
Dude!!!
They wouldn’t sell them by the 100/250 per box…
They’d sell them in dumbbell weight increments!!
…At the local gun store…
“Uh ya… I’ll take 60 lbs of them 338 LRHT’s, and a candy bar”

Nick, can you repost that link? I am missing it on this thread.

I was shooting a 300NM at the NF Challenge as well. When I spoke with Bryan at length regarding the 300NM, he mentioned that he was using the 245 EOLs, but did not mention anything about a prototype. I do vaguely remember him mentioning that he like to 'tip' his bullets which aligns with the LRHT way of thinking...so maybe he was working with a prototype? or maybe he was just using tipped 245 EOLs as a concept? I am not too sure but I can reach out to him.

Either way, I totally agree that a 250 class LRHT would be fantastic. I have called Berger to express my interest in such an idea as well as pass along that others would be interested. They rely on consumer feedback for decisions regarding where to place their weight of effort, so I recommend people who are on this thread or others who would like to see a 250 class LRHT to call Berger and let them know of your interest! Otherwise, we are just hoping they read our mind and wishing for something that doesn't currently exist.

That being said, if anyone is considering using the 250 ATIPs, I recommend you steer away. I had them explode constantly while at the NF match. I have called Hornady many times and let them know the issue, as well as others experiencing the issue. They constantly tell me they never have had any of this feedback, even after I called a few months later and talked to a different technician. I keep getting the 'deny, deny deny!' logic from Hornady customer service, and I have even expressed how their reputation may take a hit if they don't correct the issue. They also walked back their 1:8 twist recommendation that I followed for my build. As a little nugget of info, the ATIPs were one of the last items to be taken off the prize table of over 200+ people...the word was getting around at the match....so much, that when a bullet exploded the RO's question was 'Shooting ATIPs?'. Bottom line: go with Berger + Lapua and enjoy shooting...just my 2 cents. Berger customer service and products have been fantastic from my experience.

I started calling them asking for this bullet even before the article came out but here it is.

Bryan Litz Wins 2021 Nightforce ELR Challenge with Berger Bullets​

Congrats to our very own Bryan Litz for winning the 2021 Nightforce ELR Steel Challenge! Bryan, Chief Ballistician at Berger, competed against more than 200 other competitors on June 12-13 at the Tillard 55 Range near Casper, WY. The Nightforce ELR Steel Challenge is a challenging match, comprised of targets ranged from 700 yards to over 1.2 miles, with an average target size of only 1-MOA tall. This win is definitely one that Bryan should be proud of!
“Not being highly experienced in this kind of match, I was very happy to do so well,” says Bryan. “I returned this year with a lot of lessons learned from last year; applying advice from more experienced shooters. My equipment selection was on point: Barrett MRAD chambered in 300 Norma Magnum with a Nightforce 5-25 ATACR scope. Cartridges were loaded with prototype 30 caliber 245 Grain Berger Hybrids and Vihtavuori N565 powder. The Garmin Tactix Delta watch was used for ballistic solutions. All equipment functioned flawlessly. Thanks to these quality components and a good plan, I was able to hit everything in sight!”
This marks the third straight year that the winner of the Nightforce ELR Steel Challenge was shooting Berger bullets. In 2019, Mitch Fitzpatrick, who works closely with Bryan on several projects, won using the Berger 338 Caliber 300 Grain Hybrid bullets. In 2020, Jorge Ortiz took home the win with Berger 30 Caliber 220 Grain Long Range Hybrid Target bullets. This year, Bryan won while shooting an experimental 30 Caliber 245 Grain Long Range Hybrid Target (LRHT) bullet that him and the Berger R&D team has been working on as a request from the U.S. Elite Forces. Our LRHT bullets improve upon our existing hybrid profiles by creating a higher BC bullet that has a very consistent BC, which is extremely important when shooting longer distances. Seeing how well these bullets worked, we might see this as a new bullet release in the spring of 2022!

Id finally like to see some of there 144gr hybrid's in stock 2 years of looking and only ever found them once and 20 sec later they were gone again like magic .:giggle:
:unsure:
i just figured it was one of the many products complanies are making of late they produce them ship them then aliens take those products off so no one can by them like bullets , powder , and primers two years hundreds of millions of primers just never show up in stores lost or stranded on the roadside poor little primers never to be seen or heard from again .lol

Last edited:
Either way, I totally agree that a 250 class LRHT would be fantastic.

Just give me a 250 with a G7 BC in the neighborhood of .430 and I'll invite you guys to the wedding reception.

Id finally like to see some of there 144gr hybrid's in stock 2 years of looking and only ever found them once and 20 sec later they were gone again like magic .:giggle:
:unsure:
Yeah, me too but 140 gr ammo or bullets. NEVER see them and I have had a BO w Creedmoor Sorts for just a bit over a year!!!

WTF are they going cause I never see them for sale.