• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Berreta A400 help.

Halfnutz

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 14, 2008
    Peoria County, Illinois
    Looking at a friend's Berreta A400 Extreme.
    He has sent it back to Berreta twice.
    The gun works fine with Federal, but has light strikes with Kent Fast Steel (his preference)

My guess is the the Kent have a harder primer. I found and ordered a JP hammer spring but it is only +10% power.

The firing pin return spring has an o-ring at the base of the firing pin. I considered removing the o ring but am hesitant to do so.

Any other thoughts to improve ignition.

Maine does the majority of the gas gun work/ builds. They’ve been very helpful

Far be it from me to question the makers of fine firearms, but the hammer is ultra light.
    The rear of the firing pin has very little protruding out the back of the bolt before the hammer is stopped by the rear of the bolt body.
    The firing pin protrusion of the unassembled bolt looks like enough to pierce the primer.

QUOTE="308pirate, post: 11322043, member: 113603"]
    Tell him to contact any one of the three Cole Gunsmithing facilities (Maine, Florida, Texas)
    [/QUOTE]

Thanks for the suggestion.
    Had a short chat with them today. Nice guy, but not a lot of suggestions, except to switch ammo and check the spring. He was not averse to stretching the hammer spring a little as an experiment.

Weird.
    Have A400 Ext +. Shot Kent Steel last week, no problems. Will be out again tomorrow.