• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best $1700 FFP 4-5xish by 24xish scope?

cas6969

Keeps Mr. Dead in his pocket
Minuteman
Nov 16, 2021
Texas Tower #3
I say $1700 because I can get a Trijicon FFP Tenmile 4.5x30x56 for that.

I have a lesser SFP Tenmile I’m happy enough with (though about $900 less)

What I’m not happy about the $1700 one is I’d be paying a lot more for things I really don’t need. 56mm objective lens, 34mm tube, tree reticle… for my real life use, none of those would be any real benefit to me.

So I started to wonder would would be “best in class” in that price range. But I can’t google the woogle because I’m sitting in the woods barely able to send this after multiple attempts.

Last edited:
Then why are you asking about a scope with a FFP, 56mm obj, 34mm tube and tree reticle if you don't need it?
Maybe that’s what you see, but that’s not what’s written. I mentioned I was contemplating buying one because I’m familiar with the quality level of the brand/line. But my thought is if X-amount of that price is for features I don’t need, A save the money , or B apply it to better quality in other areas. Since I’ve already talked myself into and become comfortable with that price, I’m wondering what non Chinese (maybe even non Filipino) stuff fits that window.

Last edited:
Maybe that’s what you see, but that’s not what’s written. I mentioned I was contemplating buying one because I’m familiar with the quality level of the brand/line. But my thought is if X-amount of that price is for features I don’t need, A save the money , or B apply it to better quality in other areas.
I read it because that’s what you wrote and you just wrote it again. Do you want and need those features? Yes then buy it. No then don’t.

Reactions: Baron23
Best is a little subjective. Can't really go wrong with any name-brand scopes in that price range(which there's a ton).

Reactions: Vodoun daVinci
Maybe that’s what you see, but that’s not what’s written. I mentioned I was contemplating buying one because I’m familiar with the quality level of the brand/line. But my thought is if X-amount of that price is for features I don’t need, A save the money , or B apply it to better quality in other areas. Since I’ve already talked myself into and become comfortable with that price, I’m wondering what non Chinese (maybe even non Filipino) stuff fits that window.
There’s lots of options in that price range with almost identical specs, which you dont need. But since you dont need those specs I guess it wouldnt do any good if we told you what they are…

Used Mk5 or used Gen 2 razor. Burris XTR3i and XTR pro as well. Pick what you want the scope to do, then buy one. Probably not going to go wrong for $1700

Reactions: YotaEer
I got a couple of buddies that just bought the Burris xtr3i with the basic cross reticle. Nice scope for sure and it’s below that price

Reactions: YotaEer
It's less than 1700 buy I REALLY like my vortex razor lht 4.5-22