• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best 30 rd Magazines for my AR-15

Don-n-Texas

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 17, 2011
Houston now in Denton County
I need to buy some 30 rd Magazines for my AR-15 .223 Remington.

Which ones should I buy.
Midway has
Magpul PMAG M3 Magazine AR-15 223 Remington 30-Round Black

MagPul Pmag Magazine AR-15 223 Remington 30-Round Polymer

AR-Stoner Magazine AR-15 223 Remington 30-Round Curved Body with Anti Tilt Follower Stainless Steel Black

Any others I should look at

Re: Best 30 rd Magazines for my AR-15

Get yourself some Pmags and instead of buying them from Midway, buy them from a vendor here. You can support forum vendors and their pricing is better! I ordered some today myself.

I ordered some from this Hide vendor....

Magpul Pmags

Great service, took a phone order at midnight! Send him a PM to order.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oldirtdog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get yourself some Pmags and instead of buying them from Midway, buy them from a vendor here. You can support forum vendors and their pricing is better! I ordered some today myself. </div></div>
I thought Midway was a vender. They give us discounts.

Where did you get them I'll from them. I do support hide venders

I'm not 100% if they are. They always have discount codes but i'm not sure if they do exclusive discounts to hide members. I'm sure others would know. I got mine from Lewis Arms Co. and I know Rangerwalker sells them for a good price as well. I always try to support smaller businesses.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oldirtdog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not 100% if they are. They always have discount codes but i'm not sure if they do exclusive discounts to hide members. I'm sure others would know. I got mine from Lewis Arms Co. and I know Rangerwalker sells them for a good price as well. I always try to support smaller businesses. </div></div>
Thank you I will support them too.

BTW I'm a old dog too.

Any Hide supporting vendors to check out specifically if I was interested in some 20 round Lancer AWM mags?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mackdrvr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pmags...and don't look back. </div></div>

+1

Anything that can take getting run over by a truck and still feed thirty rounds of ammo without hitch has got my vote!!

I use Magpul Pmags exclusively for my duty mags.

i started buying pmags....but once i realized that the GI aluminum mags worked just as good, and were half the price used....i just started buying ONLY them. I've never once had an issue in thousands and thousands of rounds....i'll take my ugly $5-7/each GI mags all day

P-mags and then....oh, yeah, P-mags!

Did anyone suggest P-Mag?

Seriously, for long- term hard use durability, P-Mag.

Kevin

P-Mags or the USGI mags with the magpul follower. either is great. pmags are easier to clean if you actually get them dirty though.

Sorry but the Lancers are junk. Go pmag or aluminum with a good follower

Pmags from Ranger Walker. Midway sux. Hosed me on some 338 300gr lapuas today. Ill never buy from those ass clowns.

Lancer! Feed lips are steel and they don't push outwards are swell. Have run thousands of rds thur both. Labeled each one 1-3 and the lancer have passed the test every time. Not saying magpuls mags are not good cause I own hundreds of both. Just my view.

Dont forget to get some 20 rounders when you make your decision.

The "Best" are H&K, then P-Mags

Magpul pmags are built like a tank and will not dent/ding and cause FTF problems and are lighter. Hands down a superior product. I have extensively used H&K 416 mags in the past and personally witnessed many FTF problems.

Lancer mags 1st then Magpul PMAGS. Used both and Lancers have out done the Magpul. But wouldn't throw my PMAGS away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We keep a few Magpul Gen 3 w/ windows on hand but by far, we use Lancer L5 AWMs in translucent. Always know how many rounds remain, steel feed lips, silent spring operation and we buy them deeply discounted. We have been very pleased with them.

NEW CP
The new CPD stainless steel AR mag, clinically called the CPD 30 RD .223/5.56 SS, looks on the surface to be a very high quality product. It's made from 400 series stainless steel, utilizes a "MILSPEC" stainless steel magazine spring, features an in-house-developed anti-tilt follower, is finished with a special scratch-resistant carbon finish (on the mag housing/body), and is, according to the company, virtually indestructable

I need to buy some 30 rd Magazines for my AR-15 .223 Remington.

Which ones should I buy.
Midway has

MagPul Pmag Magazine AR-15 223 Remington 30-Round Polymer

AR-Stoner Magazine AR-15 223 Remington 30-Round Curved Body with Anti Tilt Follower Stainless Steel Black

Any others I should look at