Best .308 scopes around $2000?

BadInternetGuy

Private
Minuteman
Apr 6, 2022
Kentucky
Hey all, waiting on the parts for my first custom rifle and now have to decide on an optic.

Been looking mainly at either the Leupold Mk5 HD or the Steiner Mx5i since a buddy said he would sell me one for $1800.

Either of these noticeably better than the other? Or is there some other scope I should consider?

Thanks in advance!

diverdon

Constitutionalist, by choice
Minuteman
  • Dec 21, 2011
    WNY
    Vortex Gen III 1-10 from Eurooptic $1,999 tough. Reliable. Good warranty. Good people.

GhostFace

Sergeant
    Minuteman
  • Apr 1, 2003
    Indiana
    I'm still a fan of the Gen 2 Razor, my .308 is an Armalite and it has a 3-18 on it. My bolt gun is a '06 in a AI pre 2014 chassis, it has a 4-27 Razor. My income level has me tapping out at Gen 2s, I guess I'm one of the poors....

Reactions: bohica17

fdkay

Gunny Sergeant
    Minuteman
  • Nov 27, 2009
    Ingleside, Tx
    Best is subjective.
    There are numerous, high quality Japanese made optics in that price range, many of them lower than the 2000 mark
    Trijicon Ten Mile
    EOTECH Vudu
    Vortex Razor
    Athlon Cronus
    Tract Toric
    Delta Stryker
    Sightron SVIII is available for that for the time being
    Nightforce ATCAR
    Leupold MK5

Burris claims to be releasing an illuminated version of the XTR III in the next couple of years.
    Each scope has it own idiosyncrasies

mi650

Private
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Apr 30, 2010
    Michigan
    Best is subjective.
    There are numerous, high quality Japanese made optics in that price range, many of them lower than the 2000 mark
    Trijicon Ten Mile
    EOTECH Vudu
    Vortex Razor
    Athlon Cronus
    Tract Toric
    Delta Stryker
    Sightron SVIII is available for that for the time being
    Nightforce ATCAR
    Leupold MK5

Burris claims to be releasing an illuminated version of the XTR III in the next couple of years.
    Each scope has it own idiosyncrasies
    That one.

Of the others on the list, I've had the Vortex, ATACR, and Mk5. IMO, the Trijicon beats them all.

Another I'd consider for a little less $$ would be a Sig Tango6. (And not just because I have 1 for sale in the PX. :ROFLMAO:)

And if you really want to save some $$$ over all of these, Meopta Optika6.