• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best adapter to convert a Harris bipod to a picatinny rail mount

mildot326

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2004
I guess LaRue came to mind but I haven't really done much research. So i want to mount my Harris on a Picatinny rail. Convert it from the "stud" mount to a rail mount. Let me know what are my options?
Thanks

Last edited:
On harrispod.com there's 2 styles listed that are good. Just picked up the gg&g and really like it as well...

The ADM mount looks good and a little better priced than the LaRue offering.

ADM is my favorite QD mount.

Harrisbipod.com is a BS site.
It is not really run by Harris Bipods, someone else just registered the name.
The only thing they sell that is made by Harris is the bipods, and a few adapters (not the swivel one).

Reactions: Hiwayman92
Not sure if the OP is looking for a QR mount or not? If you don't necessarily want/need quick release, this one from Yankee Hill will definitely save you some coin. I have one and it works great. A few quick turns with an Allen wrench and you can take off/on or swap to another rifle in less than a minute. https://www.primaryarms.com/Yankee-Hill-Machine-Bipod-Adapter-p/yhm-638.htm

Very true. If you don't really need QD, the Yankee Hill is really ideal. American made and cheap compared to the QD mounts.

I went with the ADM mount, I did want the QD feature. The price was right for the ADM, if it's anything like there Atlas mount, I'll be G2G. Thanks for all the comments.

Of the ones I tested...the one that worked the best for my purpose was the Badger TRAMP and I've got 3 of them now. One on a 6-9, one on a 7-13 and one on a 12-27 (or something like that)
The ADM was a very close second, but it's not a ture QD by definition, because it takes skilled hands or two hands to install and remove. That's a good thing. The GGG was to easy to snag and have fall off.
The Larue LT130 was similar to the ADM, but without the locking mechanism.