• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

"Best" "AR-10" for precision?

I just funished a light weight AR 10 16" 308 that weighs 6 lbs 3 oz, without scope and 7 lbs 12oz ready to hunt...total cost $1150. Accurate and reliable. Fired several hundred rds through it, adjusting and testing. It's velocities are similar the the 18" AR 10. 150 gr 2813 fps, 155 gr were going 2880 to 2900 fps, depending on bullet, 168 2680 fps, 175 2585 fps and 208 eldm 2442 fps ave. Light, accurate, short, and handy.

I built this .308. Targets are with 150 grain ball ammo.
Jack.jpeg
Target1.jpeg
Target2.jpeg
Target3.jpeg

I just funished a light weight AR 10 16" 308 that weighs 6 lbs 3 oz, without scope and 7 lbs 12oz ready to hunt...total cost $1150. Accurate and reliable. Fired several hundred rds through it, adjusting and testing. It's velocities are similar the the 18" AR 10. 150 gr 2813 fps, 155 gr were going 2880 to 2900 fps, depending on bullet, 168 2680 fps, 175 2585 fps and 208 eldm 2442 fps ave. Light, accurate, short, and handy.
I am interested in hearing what parts you used to get such a light 308 for that cheap.

I am interested in hearing what parts you used to get such a light 308 for that cheap.
It's already been posted. JG carbon fiber 16.5" HG, call for deal...$56 off, titanium bolt carrier 50% off, Roam magnesium upper reciever no FW assist, regular price, SA adjustable gas block, free titanium 1 oz muzzle brake, I made. Fluted 16" WC Recon barrel on sale at Brownells, about 5 oz heavier than a Faxon pencil...but Faxon has produce a lot of sub par barrels ...and I could always turn this one down if necessary. Then attach to a standard Areo Precision lower with 2.5 lb trigger. Warne Ultra light rings and Leupold Mark 4 M3 3-10X for a total of 7 lbs 12 oz ready to hunt. Look for discounts and holiday sales to acquire parts on sale, or open box discounts. Carbon fiber, magnesium, and titanium really cut the weight. There are AR 10 308s into the 5.75 lb range with pencil barrels...available for those who wish to purchase the whole rifle.

Attachments

• 20230906_134908.jpg
    20230906_134908.jpg
    409.7 KB · Views: 34
Reactions: Jmccracken1214
Not sure if it's the "best" but since you're OCONUS see if Hera's 7SIX2 AR10 is available in your AO. I can't vouch for it, but know someone who tested it and walked away impressed. They're apparently right around €2,800.

Decent review here;

I'm planning to buy this rifle somewhere this year.
Can't find much reviews, but most people are positive about it.
I'll try to make a review.

Reactions: CerebralDistortion
I have a Seekins sp10 in 6creed and it shoots factory ammo easily .5moa and some ammo will shoot .25moa. Without too much effort

Totally newb at semi auto rifles and I'm sorry if this has been asked before.

Due to legislative changes (not US resident) it seems semi auto rifles might be available on a hunters licence and that has started me entertaining a thought of getting one.

It requires though that the barrell is at least 18" and it can not be a "build" due to parts availability. Ideally it would have the same precision as my TRG, if that is even possible.

Budget wise I would say $3000 which is about what a Daniel Defece at spec would cost me where I'm at.

Will mainly be used from a blind, but wheight is a factor. As light as possible I suppose.

But is DD the only option? Aero Precision? Or is a Ruger SFAR enough? Any other OOTB rifle good enough?

Any comment appreciated.
If your buying a factory rifle lmt DD etc are great options if building id go with aero upper/lower and then get a very nice barrel/trigger, also a jp silent capture is a great upgrade

Reactions: CerebralDistortion