• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Gear Best AR 10 trigger for the money??

smooth

Private
Minuteman
Apr 8, 2018
Hey folks, I have a Aero precision AR10 complete rifle that has the worst trigger I have ever felt. I'm looking to replace with a drop in and wondering what the good folks here have experienced. Would prefer a single stage, purpose would be long range targets in the woods, possibly a PRS style match or 2. Budget is pretty open but not against saving a buck or 2 if the quality is there.

Last edited:
Ok. Can you explain further? My ears are open.
Mark larue is an egotistical prick imho. His products used to be decent but now he just overcharges cause Todd hoddnet pimps his shit.

it’s just one mans opinion but I wouldn’t buy anything from them. But there’s probably nothing wrong with it.

Rise Armament RA-434 is the best AR trigger for the money. You can occasionally find them on sale for around $119. Normal prices are like $159. Still worth it, even not on sale. I run them in every AR I have.

Mark larue is an egotistical prick imho. His products used to be decent but now he just overcharges cause Todd hoddnet pimps his shit.

it’s just one mans opinion but I wouldn’t buy anything from them. But there’s probably nothing wrong with it.
Ok, thanks for your opinion.

Thanks Folks... Watched and read several reviews and saw no negatives for the Larue trigger, so placed an order. Thanks again.
I'm happy with my LaRue triggers.

I have 1 SSA-E and other than the trigger face being different than LaRue they both work well. The SSA E has a different reset that I enjoy while larping and shooting like a wannabee Jerry Miculek.

Reactions: smooth
Pretty happy with the Geissele HSNM, worth every penny IMNSHO. Running three of em in 20+” guns. Have an SSP in my shorty. Not the cheapest but they beat the pants off the larue in my budget .50 build. If you kind of want a single stage maybe Bill’s 3G could be an answer? Not a real SS trigger and I’ve only shot one once. Not a huge fan, but you might be?

Reactions: smooth
Larue all the way for a "budget" trigger. I've got several of 'em in both straight and curved styles.

I do have one CMC trigger that came in a Seekins SP10 as the OE part, and it doesn't suck. But I also wouldn't buy another because the same money would yield two Larues. I also have a ALG ACT that came with a lower parts kit several years ago. It isn't all that great and costs almost as much as a Larue.

If someone wants to not buy Larue parts because of Mark's behavior, awesome - more for the rest of us. The guy may have a salty online persona, but it's pretty impressive that he's built an organization that can mass-produce damn near every part to build a rifle under one roof, and do so in a volume that makes the parts affordable to the average user. I regularly enjoy his Instagram posts because I like seeing raw material get turned into usable parts. I might enjoy them more if the videos were not recorded using a potato, but maybe that's part of the charm?

You guys realize that OP is asking about single stage triggers? All the Geissele and Triggertechs recommended were 2 stage. The Larue 2 stage cannot be beat in terms of value but the single stage blows.
CMC 2.5# is regularly on sale for $130 and is awesome. If you arent afraid to do some setup, the $100 JP trigger is the real value winner.

TT are great. Their AR triggers are technically a 2stage but the 1st stage of it barely exists.

Reactions: nikonNUT
You know, I have purchased 4 AP rifles, 1 of which I gifted to my sister. It came with a markedly grittier trigger for some reason but the other 3 had, what in my opinion were pretty decent stock triggers. I run all Geissele SSA triggers in my non-KAC rifles regardless, and it happened to be the rifle I gifted to family with the rough one. So, I just swapped in one of the 3 spare stockers, and she's happy with it. Now, by no means am I suggesting you should get another AP, but if this is, in your words, the worst trigger you've felt, then you might have gotten a bad one.

This may sound crazy but I think it may be worth your time and money to check out. I've bought at least a half a dozen Anderson lower parts kits with stainless steel trigger and hammers. All have had what I would consider a great standard trigger. There was very little creep and over travel and broke like glass. You can buy their stainless steel trigger and hammer as a package or about $20.

Even if you don't like it my bet is that it will be better than any standard lower parts kit trigger that you could use in another rifle. Just for reference I would also recommend AR Gold and I have a couple that are great but since you mentioned budget is why I mentioned the Anderson parts.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: JohnCarter17
Ive never seen a stock type ar trigger "break like glass" its almost impossible due to the design. Not being a debbie downer, but when someone says this, it makes me not trust their opinion. A stock trigger just doesnt work that way due to their geometry. For what its worth, i do ar trigger jobs. I also have triggers from Jard, cmc, jp and timney. For a single stage prs style trigger, from these, the timney ce is hands down the winner. They arent cheap, but break cleaner than most. I also personally know navy spec war units that ML fucked over so fuck L.

Reactions: mike223
The Timney CE is the tits. It is also an excellent three gun trigger. With such a short reset and low weight, there have been a few times the RO has checked to see if my gun was malfunctioning because of my split times.

Reactions: 502Chevelle
Everyone is free to believe or not believe what they wish.

I stand behind my observation of the Anderson stainless steel trigger and hammer combo. Maybe it is just a difference of opinion as to what "break like glass" is. The Anderson trigger is not light breaking at just over 6 lbs. but there is no movement at the beginning of the press. There is no noticeable creep, the hammer just falls once enough force is applied and there is only minimal over travel. I like them better than standard triggers.

I have used JP Enterprises Enhanced Reliability spring kits to try and improve standard triggers. The fact that it drops the trigger pull to 3.5 - 4 lbs. of pull makes them feel better. As I previously stated, I have AR Gold triggers in AR-15 and AR-308 rifles and except for the high cost they are lighter and better. I also have Mossberg JM Pro triggers in a couple of AR rifles and pistols. At just over half the cost of an AR Gold I'd say they qualify for best bang for the buck.

Good luck on your trigger shopping.