• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best Ar

Jarrett M

Private
Minuteman
Jan 22, 2022
Md
Want a lmt mars L piston looking very hard to get n live in communist md so need to get soon am between the sword mk 15 idc vs the lwrc ica5

tYIJPLZ.gif

Want a lmt mars L piston looking very hard to get n live in communist md so need to get soon am between the sword mk 15 idc vs the lwrc ica5
No experience with either but is there s particular reason that you want a piston based carbine?

According to the MD State Police web page:

collapse Manufacturer : Lewis Machine & Tool ‎(2)
Lewis Machine & ToolLewis Machine & Tool LM308MWSENot BannedNot Regulated By Statute4/29/2015
Lewis Machine & ToolMARS-L 5.56Not BannedNot Regulated by Statute

No experience with either but is there s particular reason that you want a piston based carbine?
I usually ask why people want to settle for Di when they can have piston and run much cleaner and only have to clean the gas valve every once in a long while. They're better for SBR and suppressed, too.

I usually ask why people want to settle for Di when they can have piston and run much cleaner and only have to clean the gas valve every once in a long while. They're better for SBR and suppressed, too.

Stoner designed it the way he did for a reason. It flat works, so long as you don't stuff surplus 30-06 powder in a 5.56 case behind a 55grn bullet. Then you get a carbon mess.

Pistons are cool, but they're not fail-proof. I've had far more issues on piston guns than direct gas guns.

If my hodge podge of parts can hit 1.5moa, and run for 5000 rounds with nothing but a little used motor oil from the truck dipstick on the BCG when it's sluggish, I'm pretty sure any reputable company can make it work.

The piston just moves the fouling around. It still goes somewhere and you still have to wipe it down occasionally. Most of my frustrations with them come from locked up piston and gas valves because they were treated like a di gun and not cleaned nearly enough.

I speak some Marylandese.....

He said he wants a LMT MARS L piston but it's hard to get while living in Communist Maryland so he needs to acquire something soon and he's torn between the SWORD International Mk 15 IDC and the LWRC IC-A5.

Keep in mind that I was born and raised in Virginia and occasionally work in MD so my translation may not be 100%. fuck baldimer though....

Stoner designed it the way he did for a reason. It flat works, so long as you don't stuff surplus 30-06 powder in a 5.56 case behind a 55grn bullet. Then you get a carbon mess.

Pistons are cool, but they're not fail-proof. I've had far more issues on piston guns than direct gas guns.

If my hodge podge of parts can hit 1.5moa, and run for 5000 rounds with nothing but a little used motor oil from the truck dipstick on the BCG when it's sluggish, I'm pretty sure any reputable company can make it work.

The piston just moves the fouling around. It still goes somewhere and you still have to wipe it down occasionally. Most of my frustrations with them come from locked up piston and gas valves because they were treated like a di gun and not cleaned nearly enough.
Have tens of thousands of rounds through both and personally did years of testing for Adams arms back 15 years ago. The failure rate isn’t even close. You can run thousands of rounds through a piston and then clean the rifle like cleaning your Glock. The fouling does go somewhere, right out of the front of the gas block and no where else. Also have multiple times we put 6-10k rounds on piston rifles without the piston/gasblock even remotely having a problem without cleaning any part of the rifle. We were never even in the same realm with di guns as they were packed with carbon in the low round count of testing. Cleaning the two is also not even in the same category, quick easy wipe down or chiseling carbon out of bolts. Personally seeing and doing the testing I would never pick a di over a “proven”piston system. I do own multiple of both and they both for sure work great obviously , but for multiple reasons I believe the piston is way better in every aspect of an operating system on the ar platform. Just my opinion obviously.

sample size of one but i have a lwrc m6a3 dmr piston gun and it's been perfect over a bunch of 3 gun matches. i did switch to a jp just because it's a little more ergonomic and i apparently couldn't retrofit the lwrc with a thinner non-quadrail option.

Better for can and cleaner thank u for a normal comment some ppla r zero fucking help
You know what else is helpful? Punctuation and proper sentences. Also putting your thread in the right area. There is literally a section titled semi autos. As we say about our data, garbage in garbage out, same applies here.

But I do enjoy a good dumpster fire so by all means please continue posting like you are munching on tidepods while autisticly smashing the keyboard.

My favorite part of this thread so far are Jarrett's "Joe Biden impersonations". Seriously though man, you're going to have to come out of character for a moment to ask your question in a language that is understandable.

You're kind of starting to sound like the kid that the employees have to fish out of the Chuck-E-Cheese ball pit.

I speak some Marylandese.....

He said he wants a LMT MARS L piston but it's hard to get while living in Communist Maryland so he needs to acquire something soon and he's torn between the SWORD International Mk 15 IDC and the LWRC IC-A5.

Keep in mind that I was born and raised in Virginia and occasionally work in MD so my translation may not be 100%. fuck baldimer though....
96152af1-f28f-4bd6-8db4-9b06b8b05303_text.gif

hahahaha

I have an older model lmt with a quad rail. It's super heavy but runs flawlessly. I think newer models are lighter though. I prefer piston carbines for the reasons stated above.

Reactions: Milf Dots
PWS upper on a quality lower. Long stroke gas piston. 5k rounds between cleanings and the sweetest recoil impulse imaginable.
I wish someone with a pleasant to shoot piston gun lived near me. I'd like to try one out someday without having to build one just to satisfy my curiosity. Every piston gun I've ever shot felt like it was broke.

I wish someone with a pleasant to shoot piston gun lived near me. I'd like to try one out someday without having to build one just to satisfy my curiosity. Every piston gun I've ever shot felt like it was broke.
Short stroke piston actions "whack" the BCG, transferring the energy to move the BCG several inches in as little as the initial 1/4" of travel.
Think of a car at speed slamming into a stopped car with enough energy to move the stopped car.
The long stroke PWS action pushes the BCG through its travel. The same energy is transferred over a longer period so the inital impulse is not as harsh.
Admittedly even the worst recoil impulse from 5.56 NATO is not much but last week I fired 2 DI ARs, an AUG, a Hellion, and my current favorite, a PWS MK114 MOD 2-M upper with an SSA trigger and a Gen IIe Razor 1-6. The PWS equipped AR was by far the easiest for followup shots and had noticeably less recoil.

Reactions: MikeinTexas

Lewis Machine & ToolLewis Machine & Tool LM308MWSENot BannedNot Regulated By Statute4/29/2015

Im not a MD resident but I thought LMT was good to go but it came down to the barrel specs/profile if it was legal or not.

@GBMaryland - that correct?

Short stroke piston actions "whack" the BCG, transferring the energy to move the BCG several inches in as little as the initial 1/4" of travel.
Think of a car at speed slamming into a stopped car with enough energy to move the stopped car.
The long stroke PWS action pushes the BCG through its travel. The same energy is transferred over a longer period so the inital impulse is not as harsh.
Admittedly even the worst recoil impulse from 5.56 NATO is not much but last week I fired 2 DI ARs, an AUG, a Hellion, and my current favorite, a PWS MK114 MOD 2-M upper with an SSA trigger and a Gen IIe Razor 1-6. The PWS equipped AR was by far the easiest for followup shots and had noticeably less recoil.
Well shit, now I gotta find a PWS just to see.
The only piston AR's I've shot have all been short stroke, and for the first few shots I always instinctively stop and look at the gun for a second because the recoil impulse tells me something has just gone terribly wrong.

Oh they fixed their not legally binding and incorrect classification? Wow.

I see that you are a man of culture as well...
Sa da tay my daimie.
“See, my damie, Pootie Tang don’t wa-da-tah to the shama cow… ’cause thats a cama cama leepa-chaiii, dig?” – Pootie Tang

• Love
Reactions: SmolPP