• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing best bang for the buck in custom actions?

MYore

Private
Minuteman
Nov 3, 2009
CO
www.sawtoothrifles.com
From a builders perspective, which of the custom (lighter) remington clone type actions out there is going to be the best to work with and provide the best results for a rifle that is going to need to function in hunting situations?

I've got a friend/customer that has a budget that is going to not require starting at a pawnshop like most of my builds...

thanks for some advice.

Re: best bang for the buck in custom actions?

Stiller is going to be your best bang for the buck. Look at the Predator for a hunting rig. Very nice actions!

How about Snowy Mountain Rifle Co. check them out, I have one of there single shot model and I love, for what I wanted it for, it is awesome.
Please understand that this is my 2 cents, I don't have any ties with them other than I bought one of there actions,
Later
G

thanks for the input guys. Looks like the predator gets a few votes. Bighorn is just down the road so that is interesting too.

Bighorn, Pierce, Stiller, or just a plain ol Remmy 700 trued up. Either way you should be GTG!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adam B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Shilen action is made by Stiller, I agree with the above, Stiller is the best bang for the buck </div></div>

Did Shilen start putting out named actions again?

Stiller seems to be the best bang I have found. Would like to try an RSR action though.

One more for Stiller. I do like all the others too, but the question was the most for the money. I believe Stiller offers the most for your buck.

If I build a gun, it's only ever going to be a Savage. They make and sell a target action; and for my purposes, it's plenty good enough and the price is right.