• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best binos in 600-800 range

bobo

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2012
Northeast, Mississippi
What are your thoughts. I'm thinking 10x42. I have been looking at leupold vortex bushnell but have no personal experience with any of these. I have Leopold mark 4 and bushnell elite scopes but not sure how their bino glass compares.

Would love to have a mil reticle but not sure it can be done at this price

What say you all?

I couldn't imagine anything being much better than my Bushnell 1 Miles. For a few bucks more than your budget, you can have a very accurate lrf to go with the glass.

If you really want a reticle binocular; shop for a pair of Fujinon M22 binoculars, or the Steiner M22 version. They'll fit your price range.

Last edited:
Had the chance to look through a set of Vortex Razor HD's and they were extremely impressive. I know where my money will go when I have it.

On paper I really like the vortex hd r/t 10x50. I looked through regular vortex hd 10x50 the other day. Seems nice. Anyone have any experience with the r/t in hd?

If you shop around, you can find some Kahles 10x42 which are pretty nice for $800 or so

I have never used one but the Steiner 10x42 tactical (t42r) has an mrad reticle and is well within your price range (msrp is 800 but can be found in the 6s). 26oz

Last edited:
The Minox seem to be very popular in that price range. I was in the same boat and ended up getting the Vortex HD's. They offer a vet/mil/leo discount so they're a great deal for slightly more than your budget.

Take a look at the Zeiss conquest HD line and the Bushnell elite line. Both are very bright and come with hydrophobic lens coatings, a must if you hunt in wet weather like here in Oregon. One of the sponsors has demos on sale Here and here. 10X is a bit too much for me, 8x is easier on my eyes and have a little better field of view... but that's just me.

I have the Vortex Talon HD binoculars and they are fantastic for the $$. They come in under $500

Cabelas euro (meopta) are a great middle of the road bino. My second choice would be a kahles.

Just a suggestion, keep an eye on the forum and buy gently used, you will save a ton.

Some brands, like minox, don't have great resale, so you might be able to buy them for a huge bargain.

I have the high-end Bushnell w/laser range-finder, and they can be found at somewhere like CameraLandNY for less than $800. However, my son-in-law got the Bushnell Legend Ultra HD or whatever it's called, which is a straight bino w/o range-finder, and his is every bit as clear as mine, maybe better.
Jim

i have been using the vortex HD... i think they're 'vultures' but i don't remember. had them for 4 years now. they are heavy but the glass is really quite good. i got them as a demo from the sample list for $300 and change.

Take a look at the new Ziess Terra HD. Getting a lot of good reviews and supposed to be around $500 for 10x42.

I looked through these and I wasn't impressed. My Monarch 5's have better glass to my eyes, they're lighter, cheaper, and seem to be better made. The Terra and Monarch 5 are both made in China if I'm not mistaken.

For the money, Nikon Monarch 7's are tough to beat. I used a pair of an earlier model for years and still have them. I also used a pair of Minox 8x33's in Afghanistan and though they were a great buy for the money. Here's a pretty decent deal on minox

Minox - Camera Land NY

Last edited: