• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Best buy for suppressor?

Goot

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 17, 2008
San Antonio, TX
www.facebook.com
So its the holiday season and I am interested in purchasing a suppressor.
Whom is best to purchase from? I want the most affordable, quality, cost-effective one I can get that is multi purpose.

In considering options I need to know:
What is total price of silencer, tax stamp, transfer fees, shipping, mount for silencer on both 7.62/5.56 barrels, brake/flash hider?

I want the silencer that works on both 7.62/5.56 and all the stuff to make it work.

Thanks,
David

Re: Best buy for suppressor?

Look up the suppressor group buy by Operator45 he has some good prices on most.

Check out the Griffin Armament or Silenced America posts in the group buy section, they are both running some pretty awesome deals

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mohonri</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I contacted all of them. Just wondering if there are any others I should be considering! Thanks! </div></div>

Houston Armory has a lot in stock as well. I can vouch for Scott over @ Silenced America, good peeps. Very patient with me on my first cans and good comms.

Don't buy a can because it's affordable. They are too big of an investment of money and time. Go to SilencerTalk.com, nfatalk.org, and silencerforums to get all your data and then make a decision. You go out and buy a can because it's a good deal, wait 6 months + on the transfer go out to the range and there is another guy out there with a can. His is noticeably quieter and it makes you sick. If you had just saved up a little bit more did a little bit of research. Also, try to meet up with someone and try some out and listen for yourself.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TypeR632</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't buy a can because it's affordable. They are too big of an investment of money and time. Go to SilencerTalk.com, nfatalk.org, and silencerforums to get all your data and then make a decision. You go out and buy a can because it's a good deal, wait 6 months + on the transfer go out to the range and there is another guy out there with a can. His is noticeably quieter and it makes you sick. If you had just saved up a little bit more did a little bit of research. Also, try to meet up with someone and try some out and listen for yourself. </div></div>

This!!!

Randal at Allen Arms can help you make a good choice, but based on your criteria the AAC 762SD or SDN6 would be a competitor.

But I am not spending much more than a $1000 on one sorry. If it costs much more than that I will not bother buying one. There is always a point of diminishing returns for price/performance ratio. That is what I am trying to find for a dual purpose silencer.

The N6 from Allen Arms would be $970 (includes a mount) and would have you spending only a couple hundred more than your $1000 dollar mark. Buy once, cry once. Like the others said, read up before you buy. Suppressors are a ton of fun, I look forward to hearing what your research brings you to buy.

They are a bit more money but I would give Thunder Beast a look. They do have brake mounts and are very light weight Titanium. I have two on the way that I am super excited to get.

I wouldnt run a titanium can on a semi-auto. 762-SD has a wide selection of mounts/threads for both calibers. I have 2 of them in additon to 4 TBAC cans. for a do-all can, the 762Sd is hard to beat

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom Olson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wouldnt run a titanium can on a semi-auto. 762-SD has a wide selection of mounts/threads for both calibers. I have 2 of them in additon to 4 TBAC cans. for a do-all can, the 762Sd is hard to beat</div></div>

I am interested in hearing why you wouldn't run a titanium can on a semi-auto, seeing as how the lighter a can is the better. The 762SD is good, no doubt, but it's no TBAC.

Titanium and high rate of fire? not so good. I have a TBAC .338BA 2rds in 2minutes, cant touch the can for 15 minutes. 30P1 not as bad in 308, 762SD cools much faster and is full auto rated. plus you can get a flashider mount instead of just a brake from TBAC. Kinda nice for matches and SBRs unsuppressed

SAS suppressors fall squarely into the great can/great price category, I'd take a hard look at them. I have TOMB mounts for .308 and .223 for mine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TypeR632</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't buy a can because it's affordable. They are too big of an investment of money and time. Go to SilencerTalk.com, nfatalk.org, and silencerforums to get all your data and then make a decision. You go out and buy a can because it's a good deal, wait 6 months + on the transfer go out to the range and there is another guy out there with a can. His is noticeably quieter and it makes you sick. If you had just saved up a little bit more did a little bit of research. Also, try to meet up with someone and try some out and listen for yourself. </div></div>

Realistically speaking the product is not just affordable, the product is a good value from all angles. The promo products specifically put an emphasis on quality at any price, without compromise. The promotion itself puts an emphasis on return on investment and value for the dollar.

Our $895 RSTA has a 5% off Snipers Hide member discount ($45 value) bringing price to $850. That includes the $200 NFA tax (a $200 value). That includes one 17-4PH mount ($125-$145 value) It is over the barrel and not a lower cost, non OTB design ($200 value not reflected in our price)

The RSTA is 316L SS and 17-4PH SS, with a 100% 718 inconel baffle stack. It is tig welded, and the welds will be dressed by OD grinding into concentricity with both ID bore and mounting system bore, so the aesthetic appearance will be excellent. The mount is included, and mounts to group buy purchasing customers will be available at discounted rates- because those that join the group buy are helping us, so we want to help them.

The planned price for brake mounts is $145
The planned price for flash hider mounts is $125

The group buy rate is lower (POR) and the same for both models regardless of the fact that brake mounts cost us more to make.

We're not trying to undercut the community. Our product will eventually be an MSRP product like everyone else's product. This is an introductory offer. If we had relationships like the other industry companies, we would be selling the first 75-100 units to one or two dealers direct, but we haven't established these types of relationships. Our number one customer has always been an individual shooter. So we're moving our incentives to individual shooters.

This means we have to work harder, which is what we've typically always done, but also that the customer can be part of an exclusive deal, where ordinarily only select dealers are open to these sorts of offers.

Shameless plug...

We believe HTG suppressors are the best value for the money. Obviously, I am going to say that, I work for them in sales and engineering.

Seriously, though, take a look at HTG. For price, quality, and sound reduction, HTG is pretty hard to beat.

Usually, when you pay over $1,000 for a suppressor you are paying for a specific brand name and for the company to spend more money on marketing and other overhead.

I just ordered a Surefire from Silenced America. Found them on the Hide. Scott was great to deal with even though I'm in Iraq and we did the transaction via email. His price was very competitive. www.silencedamerica.com. Good luck. CJ

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HTG-Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shameless plug...

We believe HTG suppressors are the best value for the money. Obviously, I am going to say that, I work for them in sales and engineering.

Seriously, though, take a look at HTG. For price, quality, and sound reduction, HTG is pretty hard to beat.

Usually, when you pay over $1,000 for a suppressor you are paying for a specific brand name and for the company to spend more money on marketing and other overhead.
</div></div>

These guys [HTG] do make a good product- they don't get a lot of attention. It definitely is a branded market. People want the jacket to be a North Face jacket. I have a North Face jacket, so I can't really suggest to be free of brands.

The allen arms shop is right up the road from me in Greenville, SC. They run a pretty good place and always have stuff in stock. The Allen Arms Tactical is their AAC suppresser sales website. They have an AAC .50 BMG can in-store and that thing is as tall as my knee.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HTG-Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Usually, when you pay over $1,000 for a suppressor you are paying for a specific brand name and for the company to spend more money on marketing and other overhead.
</div></div>

THIS x 1000

Suppressor company fanboys are worse than archers are with bows.

Very few people can tell the audible difference between a $600 and $1200 suppressor unless you shot them side by side and even then...there is no guarantee that the more expensive is the more quiet.
You can research for 6 months and you still probably won't come away with all the info and knowledge you need.
Not only that, everyone knows how their favorite can sounds when it's compared to one or two or three others, but that hardly makes it gospel.
I've only heard 4 different .30 cal suppressors.
Gemtech HVT QD
YHM Phantom QD
AAC Cyclone
SRT Shadow XL Ti

The titanium can is by FAR the lightest and that's huge for some people. It sounds excellent and probably is the most quiet of the 4, but I can't say for sure without some expensive equipment. What I do know, is that there is NO WAY those features would sway my decision away from my 7.62 Phantom that was roughly half price. I used the $$ I saved and started reloading.
Everything comes at a price. The best thing you can possibly do, is listen to how a can sounds...not the dude that's talking about them. (and sadly that's not always in the cards)