• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best camera for trash dumpers

I ordered one of these. On sale at new egg for $245
Can watch live video at anytime . All you need is a micro sd card and sim card . Looks like if you shop around with prepaid sim cards you could run this thing for $5 to $10 bucks a month.

If it doesn’t work like I want then I will try something else

So from what I see so far I'm with @Sgtsideways on the tactacam .
Would be the way to go if you could get one but there not much good if they are unobtainium.
I like the reconyx but $600 a camera is hard to swallow .

I see no one has mentioned the vosker cams , basically $350 for camera and $20 a month for service.

Can you moultrie guys attest to the quality of the cameras , any issues ?
Evidently the moultrie cameras are sold out like the tactacams . 😠
What I'm not a fan of with the reconyx is the 12aa batteries. Might be able to connect two 9v batteries in series and connect to terminals or the d.c. plug. Another concern with tactacam is the customer support phone. It sucks if you don't have a smart phone.
Have to wait and see if tactacam comes out with a new version of the reveal.

Wanted to update for anyone that might find this thread useful. As I mentioned in my previous post I bought the reolink that works on sim card . It came in and been using it for about a week now . Works great . I really like that you can pull up live video feed anytime you want on your phone . None of the trail cams offer that , they don't even send you video , just a picture.
Not trying to knock any of the trail cams , everthing has pros and cons depending what your doing with them. the trail cams are just not the best for my application. Love the pan ,tilt , and zoom feature. Has sound , you can talk through it from your phone, motion sensor , pretty much everything you want in a camera. Did like the guy in the video and bought the prepaid freedom pop sim card . Ends up being about $5-7 dollars a month for cell plan. And yes it comes in bright white so I'm either going to spray paint it or get some of the camo /athletic tape to blend it in .

Last edited:
Large obvious Camera (fake) and a sign that says "Smile, your being recorded" would be my first attempt.

VooDoo

Reactions: rady
Reviving this thread since there was already so much info.

Odd request, but have any of you gents used trail cameras that run on solar and can send pics via cell signal to an app or email?

We don't have a cell signal where I hunt, but I'm going to use some of these cameras at a small storage facility that I own to help keep an eye on things.

We don't pay for internet or power at the facility, so I need an option that will work via cell signal, and given my experience with most trail cameras, solar is the only way to keep one running for any length of time without constantly changing batteries.

Please tell me the pros and cons of any of these cameras that you've used.

Thanks in advance!

Odd request, but have any of you gents used trail cameras that run on solar and can send pics via cell signal to an app or email?

We don't have a cell signal where I hunt, but I'm going to use some of these cameras at a small storage facility that I own to help keep an eye on things.

We don't pay for internet or power at the facility, so I need an option that will work via cell signal, and given my experience with most trail cameras, solar is the only way to keep one running for any length of time without constantly changing batteries.

Thanks in advance!
I use covert code blacks and they’ve been solid for years. I use eneloop rechargeables and swap them out every couple months. On a set of lithium AA’s I’d imagine it would last quite awhile, some of my cams can take 100+ pics a night at the feeders.

Also busted a dude poaching a few weeks ago and even at first light the image was good enough to get a positive ID and have him charged by the warden.

Thanks in advance!
Tacticam revealx offers video and photo. Snaps photo first, then records a video in a combo mode.

One concern I would have with the solar approach is the big advertisement that a rather expensive camera is right here. Take me.

I'm with you, I wish there was a solution to the large number of batteries that are needed. 9v batteries will not handle the extremes of weather. Lith is the only way to go from what I'm seeing.