• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Best cargo pants for everyday wear??

tlsmith22

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 9, 2008
ALABAMA
I have been wearing the Cabelas BDUs for several years now but it appears they have changed there manufacturer. They are lighter material and the legs are too narrow at the bottom now. My biggest problem is length in pants, I have a hard time finding them long enough. I do not like the fit of the 5.11 stuff either. I like the milspec stuff in khaki but have a hard time finding them in x-long or x-tall size, the talls are still too short. What cargos is everyone wearing?

Re: Best cargo pants for everyday wear??

I used to do the Wranglers and they are good pants but then I got a couple of LA Police Gear's branded Operator pants. They are much nicer and now that is all I wear.

If you're looking for straight BDU pants, why not get then from bdu.com? just order some Propper pants?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dreever</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wranglers from Wally World. Available in Camo/Green/Tan </div></div>

+1

Cheap, wear well. Tear em' up and replace them without hurting your wallet.

Duluth trading - firehose material cargo pants. Probably won't find tactical prints, but for good cargo pants that are guaranteed forever and tougher than hell, I find them hard to beat. If they ever fail or you just no longer like them, pay the postage to send them back and they'll replace them or refund your money no questions asked. Yes, the guarantee works, I ripped a couple pair by being stupid, wasn't the pants fault. They replaced them. What's not to like about that?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MP15</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Duluth trading - firehose material cargo pants. Probably won't find tactical prints, but for good cargo pants that are guaranteed forever and tougher than hell, I find them hard to beat. If they ever fail or you just no longer like them, pay the postage to send them back and they'll replace them or refund your money no questions asked. Yes, the guarantee works, I ripped a couple pair by being stupid, wasn't the pants fault. They replaced them. What's not to like about that? </div></div>

+1 on the Duluth Firehose pants. I have had two pair for three years and they are damn near indestructible.

I have a set of Vertex pants that I have been wearing off and on for a year. They are comfortable and seem pretty durable. They are my "range pants" when I need to look more official than jeans.

They seem to have a little more room in the crotch than 5.11 and the legs are straighter with reinforced knees.

I also like the fact the cargo pockets are designed to lay flat and not puff out.

I have a few of the LApolice gear operator pants and Im not sure if I got some bad ones but a few lost buttons and another pair the zipper broke.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a set of Vertex pants that I have been wearing off and on for a year. They are comfortable and seem pretty durable. They are my "range pants" when I need to look more official than jeans.

They seem to have a little more room in the crotch than 5.11 and the legs are straighter with reinforced knees.

I also like the fact the cargo pockets are designed to lay flat and not puff out. </div></div>

I just ordered a pair of these.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Look at the Woolrich Elite series. Excellent pants and other clothing www.woolrichelite.com </div></div>

We are doing a group buy on the Woolrich Elite series. Check the group buy section out.

Woolrich Elite! I have 5 pair of them and they hold up great. I work in them on construction sites

I have a few different pairs of 5.11 pants. I use them to work in (construction) and they have held up very well. I bought a pair of knee pads and they come in hand when you have to kneel or move around on the ground a lot.

I really like the cargo pants that zip off into shorts from LL Bean. Especially when I'm going out into the woods it saves me from having to pack pants, I can just pack the leg part and wear the shorts part.

I would go with the old school BDU cargo pants. They are tough, comfortable, and you can find them cheaply off of ebay.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ECH</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MP15</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Duluth trading - firehose material cargo pants. Probably won't find tactical prints, but for good cargo pants that are guaranteed forever and tougher than hell, I find them hard to beat. If they ever fail or you just no longer like them, pay the postage to send them back and they'll replace them or refund your money no questions asked. Yes, the guarantee works, I ripped a couple pair by being stupid, wasn't the pants fault. They replaced them. What's not to like about that? </div></div>

+1 on the Duluth Firehose pants. I have had two pair for three years and they are damn near indestructible.

</div></div>

+1 you can't kill them. They are expensive though. I would try 5.11, they are always running some kinda specials too.

Personally I don't wear cargo pants alot. I wear the Dickies canvas pants (painters pants I think). I get them from wally world for $18.00. I wear these everyday and I do some crap work and haven't worn any of them out yet. Alot of pant for the money, and they are wind proof. Which is a big plus for me in my area.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: njlohmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would go with the old school BDU cargo pants. They are tough, comfortable, and you can find them cheaply off of ebay. </div></div>

I would but I cant find them long enough. The longs are too short and I have had a helluva time finding x-long.

North Face Paramount(I think). These things last forever. I love these things!

Some people i know like Carrhart but i find them too thick and uncomfortable. Best bet is a nice used worn in pair from your local thrift shop IMO.

Until I bought a pair because they were on sale, I had never thought about Timberland cargo pants. I gave them a chance because I had cargo pants that have any kind of taper to them; these do not.

I now have a tan, green and dark brown pair. The green has seen the most abuse as I wear them when I go hiking and climbing and they have been soaked, dragged across rock, ran through the bushes and woods and have yet to have an issue besides looking a bit 'worn in' - but no rips or tears and the zipper and velcro are all in great working condition.

http://www.kitanica.net/pnt_xa/

They will make them any length you want. And they are built to last. I have several pairs and everyone comes up asking me what they are and were they can get some.

+1 for the Kitanica's... Pricey, but built to last and incredible attention to detail.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1fstTA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.kitanica.net/pnt_xa/

They will make them any length you want. And they are built to last. I have several pairs and everyone comes up asking me what they are and were they can get some. </div></div>

Those look like some serious pants.

If it was me I would go to where they came up with the Ideal Army / Navy Surplus Store now days you can get about any style you want even Gore-Tex

EOtach makes some awesome clothes for everyday use.
But when I am going into the elements I wear the Sitka jacket, pants, and base layers. I have not found ANYTHING that comes close to their performance in cold weather.

I wear the Duluth Fire Hose pants pretty much everyday. I'm 6'3", 175lbs and always have a hard time finding pants that fit me. No problems with the Duluth pants as they have many sizes to choose from. I used to wear Carhartt's but I would usually wear a hole in the pockets from my CCW in about 2 weeks or so. Not so with the Fire Hose. The hip pockets on the Fire Hose are deep and durable, and the cargo pockets can hold a ton of stuff comfortably, without bulging or flopping. If you like lightweight fabric they probably aren't for you, but they sure do last a long time making the extra cost worthwhile. Plus, they don't look like a 5.11 mall ninja uniform either...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MP15</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Duluth trading - firehose material cargo pants. Probably won't find tactical prints, but for good cargo pants that are guaranteed forever and tougher than hell, I find them hard to beat. If they ever fail or you just no longer like them, pay the postage to send them back and they'll replace them or refund your money no questions asked. Yes, the guarantee works, I ripped a couple pair by being stupid, wasn't the pants fault. They replaced them. What's not to like about that?</div></div>

I have an order on the way thanks to you...couple pants and couple shirts. Should be the last pairs I buy for work...wonder how many times they will take them back due to barb wire snags?...lol

yea the kitanica are without a doubt top shelf. That old addage of buy once and be done with the BS. You will be super happy with there stuff. And its all made in the USA

try some kuhl pants

i have some kuhl jean pant they are great

come in different inseams

Kul jeans are great too; however, they are not jeans at all. I wear these every day to work and they are very durable and truly the most comfortable pants I have ever worn. Additionally, these pants are great if you do a lot of traveling. They don't wrinkle very easily and they take up almost no space in your luggage.

walmart had the dickies cargo pants for $11 last fall. I bought a bunch of pairs. I dont normally wear cargo pants, but since then, I have worn them a bunch and they are tough and they were cheap. I think they are still under $20 when not on sale.

No offense guys, but you've got to be kidding me about the Kitanica stuff....

Kitanica1.jpg

Made in San Francisco, no more needs to be said.....
wink.gif

no points for style there with that guy for sure. but i have several pair of there pants and rest assured id put them up against anything on the market. I have been to several 3 gun matchs national events and thats where i picked up on them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cheese</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dreever</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wranglers from Wally World. Available in Camo/Green/Tan </div></div>

+1

Cheap, wear well. Tear em' up and replace them without hurting your wallet.
</div></div>

+1 & usually under $20

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wear knitted pants my grandma makes everyday </div></div>

plaid..??..??

I always itch with the wool.....