• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best concealed carry holsters for glock 27 ???

Six Feet Under

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2010
Midwest Ohio
All,
I know this is not a "sniper" question, but I want to get a good comfortable holster for a glock 27 I just picked up. The holsters I have suck and I was wanting to get a good one. I was just wanting some opinions on what you guys wear and like best for concealed carry. I know there are alot of you out there with alot of experience with glocks and holsters. I have looked at so many of them I am going cross-eyed... Thanks

Re: Best concealed carry holsters for glock 27 ???

blackhawk serpa

Crossbreed. Yes they are kinda ugly but very comfortable.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Newguy2k3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Comptac Mtac or Crossbreed Supertuck </div></div>

What Newguy said. It does`nt get any better than these.

I own both, owned a MSVMII, sold it.

do you want easily accessable or do you want it to not have the slightest chance of being spotted? how much are you looking to spend? where do you want to carry it? Height and Weight?

i carry OWB... i've become a big fan of the kydex type holsters. check out raven concealment, armoridillo concealment, etc. if you are feeling frisky, make your own for about half the price and no wait time. its pretty straight forward.

Grossbeeed great carry holster and a great company and works year around.

I carry IWB at 12:30 aka appendix carry. I use a kydex holster made by dale fricke called the archangel. My g19 disappears. It doesn't interfere with any activities, even laying prone at the range isn't an issue. When I slip my g26 in things get even better. I can wear both in the summer with tshirt and shorts. This can be tough to pull off if you sport a sizeable beer belly.

I have a Don Hume H726 No.10 that is very comfortable for me and I carry a full size 1911. Very easy to draw and great for CCW as the front of the holster is open but it has an internal frame to keep it tight and for retention. You only have to raise the muzzle of the gun 2 inches before you can shove it forward and start bringing it on target. Check it out...not sure if they make one for a Glock, but certainly worth looking in to.

I prefer leather over kydex IWB and OWB for the most part. As such the following companies are my favorite and make some of the highest quality gear.

www.ttgunleather.com (Personal favorite)

Their in stock stronghohld brand holsters are exceptional as well.

www.tuckergunleather.com

As for kydex www.giholsters.com makes really good gear and its leather lined. Plus they run about a 2 week turnaround. The ergonomics of their OWB stx holsters are superb, and their new IWB fusion holster looks insanely comfortable although I have not used one first hand. (the more I look at it tho I may have to order one.

I have used the Blade-Tech UCH for years and cant recommend it enough. You can tuck your shirt in for maximum concealment or just let your shirt hang over it for quick access.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VonReich</div><div class="ubbcode-body">do you want easily accessable or do you want it to not have the slightest chance of being spotted? how much are you looking to spend? where do you want to carry it? Height and Weight?
</div></div>
VonReich- I will spend whatever to get the best... That's why I was wanting your guys opinion.. I just didn't want to spend 80 bucks on a holster that sucks haha. I want to hide the gun and be comfortable ( as comfortable as you can be carrying). I want to carry it on by belt line on my back.

Thanks for all the info guys. I have alot to look at.. I will probably end up buying a couple different ones due to what time of year and all.. It's good to do some research before I order one.. I am not fat but I kinda have a beer belly so I was wanting to carry on my belt line on my back. I like the idea of kydex for summer (because I sweat like a pig)- and the leather ones look comfortable also. I will check them all out. Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MP15</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Milt Sparks - http://www.miltsparks.com/
I have an executives companion model for my glock 26 which works really well.

Here's another option:

http://www.thorshammercustomleather.com/firearmholsters.htm

Or something like this:

http://www.smartcarry.com/

Your probably going to find that having just one holster just doesn't work for every situation - such as type of clothing, time of the year, etc.</div></div> +1 for the Milt Sparks. Takes a while to get one but well worth it.

Google "Minotaur MTAC Holster", I like it better than all the others I've tried, for lots of reasons.

I am a fan of my Crossbread Supertuck! I am going to try out a Raven next!

How well hidden, never ever print or slight printing? If slight printing is ok, I love my owb pancake by desantis. If it can never, be seen I would look to bob cutt leather. He has an awesome appendix carry holster with a high sweat guard that actually helps retain weapon. To better answer, and I may have missed but pretty sure I did not; how do you prefer to carry? IWB, OWB, small of back(ugh), etc. hope that helps.

Minotaur MTAC Holster !!! I love it. Passed the I'm not carrying and a police officer trying to detect it test
smile.gif

I use the top of the line one from Comp-Tac. Changeable belt clips and colors to match your needs as well as leather backing with changeable kydex half shells. One holster for all your guns if you needed it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deputy Dawg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How well hidden, never ever print or slight printing? If slight printing is ok, I love my owb pancake by desantis. If it can never, be seen I would look to bob cutt leather. He has an awesome appendix carry holster with a high sweat guard that actually helps retain weapon. To better answer, and I may have missed but pretty sure I did not; how do you prefer to carry? IWB, OWB, small of back(ugh), etc. hope that helps. </div></div>

Thanks for the info. I will check them all out. To tell ya the truth I never really carried a whole lot. I live in a small town and never really had a reason to so that's why I am doing my homework before I spend some money on a good holster.. I haven't had a chance to try out different holsters. I would be more wanting comfort. IWB I would prefer. Slight printing would be ok I guess. You guys have been alot of help, Thanks

I like alot of what you guys have been suggesting. I am changing my mind on the leather. I like the style of the Minotaur MTAC and crossbreed- as far a weight distribution and comfort....I just know if it's not comfortable to wear, then I won't wear it that much..haha Thanks all

i i forgot my glock was on me with the comptac
smile.gif

If you can stand waiting a few months, I would recommend a custom, fit to your gun, Braveheart made by Dave Elderton at Kytac (www.Kytac.com). I've been nothing but pleased with the quality and fit of these IWB holsters. I have one for my M&P .40 and my wife carries her M&P 9C with one as well. Do an Internet search on these holsters and you'll see additional good reviews. Only negative is the response time from Dave but to me it's been worth the wait.

Good luck!

For me, IWB is not the first choice in comfort and a real lifestyle change. All pants have to be bought a little bigger and look funny when not packin. I prefer owb as it is more like cell phone case but heavier. If IWB was better cell phones would be carried that way. LOL. You said it can slightly print, I would just get a leather pancake. Brand will be a personal choice. Lot of good leather out there. Since you are carrying glock I could send you a couple holsters to try. Lemme know.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deputy Dawg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For me, IWB is not the first choice in comfort and a real lifestyle change. All pants have to be bought a little bigger and look funny when not packin. I prefer owb as it is more like cell phone case but heavier. If IWB was better cell phones would be carried that way. LOL. You said it can slightly print, I would just get a leather pancake. Brand will be a personal choice. Lot of good leather out there. Since you are carrying glock I could send you a couple holsters to try. Lemme know. </div></div>
Thanks for the offer. I will just have to try different ones and see I guess. Maybe I will like the owb better....

Check out shielded holsters. They are awesome, very reasonably priced and lifetime warranty. I have several of them.

I've owned dozens of different bolsters, now I have crossbreeds for any my carry guns.

I have a comptac and crossbreed. The crossbreed is more comfortable. The comptac holds onto the frame a bit more snugly.

i have a crossbreed that i use for my commander 1911. its awesome!

+1 for crossbreed supertuck, i carry a G23 or G19 in it comfortable as hell, sometimes i forget it's even there!

I have a G27, I really like the comp-tac MTAC as mentioned above, I also like my CTAC if you want to save a little bit.

I bought a holster from SHTFgear.com I think it was after meeting him at a local event, its a decent holster but I like the comptac stuff a lot better. I've tried lots of other options.

I have an Alpha holster on order from DSGarms.com, it looks promising.

High Noon holsters (horse hide - holds up better and doesn't allow sweat to get through to the weapon as much).

I use a Milt Sparks VMII for my 3" 1911, VERY comfortable holster. I do want a good owb holster as well but havent found one yet that pulls the gun in as tight as a iwb.

Crossbreed koolaid is nice, I have one for my service length XD. The SERP is a great holster I wore it on my duty belt but as a standard OWB it sticks out from the body to far a prints really bad. I carry my compact RIA in a cheapy Galco IWB wears great for appendix.

Sadly, you probably won't find a good carry holster in any store. It's kinda the nature of the beast. There are tons of companies making knock off crossbreeds for half price.

Try Milt Sparks Versa Max 2 (VM2) you will never look at another holster the same after you carry with one of these.

The funny thing about holsters is the varied opinions. Sooo many different body shapes and carry methods. No one has mentioned anything by Alessi. I carry 365 and have been using Alessi products off duty for yrs. The owner's name is Tom Kulwicki. He is a true gentleman. I have boxes of holsters from many of the top makers nationwide and believe Alessi is at the top. My daily wear holster is a HIDEOUT for a Glock 23. It is an IWB. It may not look it but it is highly comfortable for the blocky Glocks. The only issue I have with it is the fact that he makes it with one very wide belt loop. You just can't find that "sweet" spot with the wide loop and some pants combinations. I cut the center out of it so that it becomes a double loop instead. I don't know why he does this as he uses a dbl loop for all of his other models. For an OWB i prefer his DOJ open port. Occasionally I use his ankle holster when I'm gonna be in situations that I can't have a cover garment. I have danced all night at weddings with a G27 strapped to my ankle. I have run down felons with it strapped to my ankle with no concern that it would shake loose. All of his holsters are so well molded that they have excellent retention even without straps and snaps. I live about an hour from his shop, so I don't have much info on ordering. I know he is getting beat up in some of the other forums for long delivery times. I can say, that he just moved operations to a new building so that may explain it. I believe that choosing a holster is an ever evolving process. Good luck. Hopefully you can settle on something before you have 3 large totes full of holsters that you never you.... not that I know anything about that!!!

^^^^It's good to hear first hand experience about some things. I've been looking for an ankle holster for my J-frame (prefer IWB, but like sierra said, sometimes you cant) So thanks, I'm checking out Alessi's website right now.

For IWB, I further the opinion of either the Crossbread, or the Galco King Tuk (same thing). The more you wear it the more comfortable it becomes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bb24fu</div><div class="ubbcode-body">+1 for crossbreed supertuck </div></div>

Best holster hands down. Go for the combat cut for a full grip. Or just order the normal cut and trim the leather yourself, thats what I did.

Its awesome... so comfortable i forget im wearing it. My wife has one too.

The only question I have for you guys using the Crossbreed is regarding the exposed slide / front sight that sticks out below the holster. Any issues with the sharp edges on the slide / sight causing damage to clothing?

Pulling my endorsement I previously posted on Kytac located in Edmond, OK. Stay away from him.

I would say take a look and comp tac or raven concealment systems, each goes about the same idea a little differently but in function they both excel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sierra II</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The only question I have for you guys using the Crossbreed is regarding the exposed slide / front sight that sticks out below the holster. Any issues with the sharp edges on the slide / sight causing damage to clothing?</div></div>
At first I thought, what the hell kind of pea shooter are you using that has a sharp enough slide to damage clothing!? haha Then I realized the front sight... But no, no issues for me. Never heard of any either in the MANY reviews I read through before handing over my money.
Unless you're wearing super tight skinny jeans, the width of the slide keeps your pants away from the sight