• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best drag bag

lrs31c

Private
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2014
Well after posting a thread about what people would like to see in a DRAG bag and for 200.00 made from the best of everything and made in the usa the parts and labor! I have come to some conclusions 1.No one knows the difference between a drag bag and a weapons case?You like buying things from China?You like to overpay for the only american made drag bag(Eagle) that really isnt a drag bag and isnt built that well.I got the info from Eagle themselves! From what i could see it doesnt even have a pull strap.And last but not least nobody here actually drags there rifles anyway! Beer belly?Afraid of the dirt? What happened to real men huh Im 57 and in better shape than guys half my age.Yes I did serve so dont start that crap with me,Grow a pair guys,I hope like hell China doesnt invade us you guys might get dirty,or god forbid that paper shooting shiny rifle of yours.It isnt just you look on you tube no one dragging anything that I can find. Jay H LaVallee

Do something about it since there is a void in the market, set the standard. Build one and put them up for sale.

I think we need a forum section for people to post their random bitch about whatever is pissing them off today crap.

I have a Voodoo Tactical in OD and it takes serious abuse, and everything is still sturdy and in great shape. I liked this one because of the large padding between the two gun layers, and the amount of space on the inside of the bag for handgun and other things.

For the short time Ive been registered here Ive been waiting for the guy to come a long that "gets it". Drive on brother. Get it off your chest, enlighten us about how it is. Im listening and I need your knowledge.

I have used the Eagle drag bag you mention. It's the base model for most drag bags currently on the market. Blackhawk and Galati make almost exact copies, right down to including the flaws.....
If you spoke to someone at Eagle, they had no clue what they were talking about. The eagle drag bag has drag handle on the front, skid strips on the bottom and even the sacrificial nose cone. Made in the USA? NO(Dominican Republic)! Under $200.00? NO! Available? NO!

When Eagle was over-run by ATK, I started looking for options. Here is what we came up with. I don't consider it a full scale drag bag(no Kevlar stitching) but it is a great way to move around with your rifle and gear, and will suffice for some service as a real drag bag. A person just has to understand that any fabric is a wear item when exposed to friction.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=067jJBpTiuY

it will most likely not stand a drag through the Fulda Gap, but it does meet the need for the way the majority of the world uses their drag bags.

Last edited:
Ok so you are one the guys with the beer belly huh? Im not mad Im american Jay

I have one of triad bags, I really like it, and it was a shade under $200. We have beat the crap out of it on the dirt and rocks, so far everything has held up great, no rips, tears, and all the zippers work great. I would recommend it for sure!

Yes I plan on it is there anything you would like to see ? I think I have everything covered Input please

Jay, it's was your other thread where you were asking for design comments. This thread started out as something different. Good luck with your sewing project.

Ok now that I have your attention My bag will be 1000d eagle is 500 I asked them,I will use kevlar thread overkill yes but its your ass on the line,very slim,if you really gonna drag it,the pull loop will be rated enough to pick up a car and reiforced with leather,like a tow strap triple and quadruple stitching everything used will be made in the usa and Mil Spec or better I could go on and on but I would like some input I will be testing it with a .50 cal that weighs 22 lbs,severely tested.Didnt mean to ruffle feathers but i got your attention!! Thanks Jay OOOORRRAAAAHHH

Well since all this is new to me Im still researching all of this fabrics etc It wont be that much different but economical and warrantied forever,tough as hell if you get my drift and made in the USA Jay

57 and still a little fire left in you!!! I'm sure your bag will be awesome, the leather lined pull strap is a new touch I've never seen. Taking on a large project like a drag bag is a real commitment. Learning about the different fabrics is a great place to begin. Which Mil Spec are you referring to? Specifically?

The Tac Ops bags are excellent, have not had the pleasure of fondling one of the Triad bags, I'd stay away from Eagle/Galati/Voodoo

If the Triad bag is made like the stock pouch it must be bulletproof. I just went with a voodoo because I needed a bag and just couldn't afford the Triad...I mean in comparison yeah its night and day. I think Triad had one in multi cam, that was the one I really wanted.

Some of the most successful American businesses started out with an unsatisfied customer that had the sand to bring to market the missing product.

I either settled or overspent and like a castrated sheep bought a TacOps (Triads bags not being available at the time I missed out on considering them). I dont even know what TacOps use for thread but Kevlar sounds awesome. What patterns/color fabrics will your bags be?

My eagle has multiple drag straps, And its also been reinforced on all sides using webbing in rows, it also has been used several times in combat, being dragged through the nastiest shit you could find and it never caused me any problems. It has points all over it that allows for jute/ nature veg to be attached, as well as back pack straps the can be pulled out if needed. No shit the eagle has been the best drag bag ive ever seen to date and the only one i ever saw being used when I was in 2007-2011, so if that isnt a good drag bag i clearly am a retard.

I can get the material in almost any color or pattern 1000d

Well if theres holds up well mine will be overkill,but can you really OVER kill anything LOL Jay

There are sites on the internet that give the Military Specifications for most anything,but if Eagle is the bag the military is using now I will be using tougher stuff in most places I know they use 500d material i am using 1000 they use tex 70 thread which is heavy but not as good as Kevlar i emailed them and they told me so Jay

Apology

I am apologizing for anyone I may have disrespected even beer bellies LOL No really I didnt mean to say I know everything that is why I am asking for input, suggestions.The first post didnt get any results so I changed tactics,plan B .So there it is take or leave it I really am a very humble person I think I am doing a very just service for every one and maybe our military someday,Thanks for reading Jay

I sold several hundred Eagle drag bags over the years and I never have seen one from them in 500D. If you got an email from Eagle on a Sunday, you must truly be special. Most that try to contact them never hear shit, not even on Sunday.

The "issue" I think you're missing is that VERY few people DRAG their "drag bags". In fact on several threads here where Mil snipers were discussing their load-outs, the comments were made that they never bothered messing with their drag bags.

When we were clearing for and inserting sniper teams none of those guys ever DRUG their rifle, EVER! It was in their hand, the spotter may sling his to use binos/PLRF or whatever, but the shooter didn't even set his down for that, he glassed what he needed to through his optic.

"Drag Bag" has become a cool term for what is effectively a soft-sided weapons case. If my rifle is cased, it's in a hard case. If I'm out and about with it, then it's in my hand or on a sling. Why the hell would I lug around a damn soft-sided weapons case "if the Chinese invade". If I'm lugging something that big it's going to be a bugout/patrol pack/full-on Ruck/GS pack.
The only "drag bag" I ever saw that made any sense was the Gunslinger packs, which some of the guys DID use overseas if the shooter elected to hump a carbine for patrolling into position.

A soft case that converted to a useable shooting mat would probably serve 99% of the civilian shooters much better than a bag designed to DRAG an $8K rifle/optic combo around in.

In five years of STA Platoon time, I never used the drag bag outside of a stateside training stalk. Three MEU (SOC) workups and deployments, MSPF, and two CARs later, the drag bag never saw the field beyond insert. They're nothing but several pounds of worthlessness in the bush. Same thing goes for the ghillie once I figured out what I was doing as well. Anybody that skull drags a cross compartment danger area is a fucking idiot that needs to learn how to use their terrain or JDAMs better.

Now today in my civvie shooting endeavors, they're a great way to transport my kit to the range without lugging the Pelican cases, but most of my rifles go to the range in soft sided cases that don't even resemble "drag bags". I have one Eberlestock Drag Bag as a "one shoulder hauls all" solution for the range or back pasture, and really want one (ok, ok, I want two) of Triad's bags as well when the funds are available.

A soft case that converted to a useable shooting mat would probably serve 99% of the civilian shooters much better than a bag designed to DRAG an $8K rifle/optic combo around in.

I agree. ALL of my shooting is made in prone position on dirt and cement across different ranges,
so I got me one of those cheap shooting mat & padded case (about $100).
The one that fold, not the one that rolls. For target practice it has lasted me years of abuse.

The only modification that I made to it was inserting and securing a small piece of wood
along the front to assit in loading the bipod from any terrain.

The only modification that I made to it was inserting and securing a small piece of wood
along the front to assit in loading the bipod from any terrain.

Nice idea on the piece of wood. I got a Tyr Tactical mat that has the bipod loops on it for those occasions I can't get my Harris to quit skidding. I'm about to order my first Atlas on the promo that Kasey is doing, which will hopefully eliminate some of the traction issues with the Harris.

The "issue" I think you're missing is that VERY few people DRAG their "drag bags". In fact on several threads here where Mil snipers were discussing their load-outs, the comments were made that they never bothered messing with their drag bags.

When we were clearing for and inserting sniper teams none of those guys ever DRUG their rifle, EVER! It was in their hand, the spotter may sling his to use binos/PLRF or whatever, but the shooter didn't even set his down for that, he glassed what he needed to through his optic.

"Drag Bag" has become a cool term for what is effectively a soft-sided weapons case. If my rifle is cased, it's in a hard case. If I'm out and about with it, then it's in my hand or on a sling. Why the hell would I lug around a damn soft-sided weapons case "if the Chinese invade". If I'm lugging something that big it's going to be a bugout/patrol pack/full-on Ruck/GS pack.
The only "drag bag" I ever saw that made any sense was the Gunslinger packs, which some of the guys DID use overseas if the shooter elected to hump a carbine for patrolling into position.

I agree with you 100%. I have one bag that does everything and that is all I need. Yes, I could drag it through the bushes if need be in the desert, but the coyotes always seem to figure out where I am. Instead, I would just use a call and shoot em when in range.

Why in the F would my 40+ year old ass need to be stalking anything? I've been out of the .Mil for 20+ years. My going to war days are over. If the Chinese invade, I'll take as many of 'em as my fat ass can before they kill me. I just want a bag that will reasonably protect my $3K + rifle to and from the range and on the occasional hike to a good shooty spot. I have an Eberlestock "drag bag" and a Condor bag that serve that purpose just fine.

Well. I use both. I keep my sotech drag bag inside my pelican case. I have a SUV so the pelican is cabled(locked) to the tie downs in the back as a locking trunk sort of. A soft case is way more user friendly to carry around. I appreciate the build and toughness of a good drag bag but agree that no one would actually drag it behind them. I do find the backpack type strap useful on occasion.

Ok so nobody needs a "drag bag" even if its made in USA out of the best I can find materials?and to the guy that wants a narrower bag im thinking the same,but to the military guys I see what you are saying but the next war may not be fought in Iraq ,Afghanistan type terrain I was in Germany in an LRS unit and we had know choice but to walk as far as possible and crawl into position,No war I admit but still ,why would the US Military teach these methods if you might not someday use them.Yeah I know they arent the smartest kid on the block but still,I have a contact in a branch of the military thanks to one of your members and they hate their bags and are very interested,so i know there is no one size fits all in anything,I might go with more of a custom made for each situation,type of deal but it wont brake the bank or be made overseas,yes you might look a little funny draging your rifle from your car to the range area!!!! LOL But if i can only help our guys in the military that wouild be great ,Im not in it for the money Jay

Ok so nobody needs a "drag bag" even if its made in USA out of the best I can find materials?
I don't know anything about you so it's not personal but you would get more interest if you had a product in hand to be evaluated.........................make a few prototypes so we can see what you product is/will be and I'm sure there will be interest. Who wouldn't want a great quality bag made in the USA, especially if it was priced reasonably.?

I love tough, and I love made in USA. I have no intentions of crawling on my fat belly dragging anything, but that doesn't mean I would not buy one. I love spending money on stuff I don't need. Just ask my wife. Lets see what you got.