• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Best Ear Pro while hunting

bwahl

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 22, 2018
Bismarck, ND
don't use any electronic options currenty. Plan to use the EP-4 and EP-7 with the plugs as it seems to be the best ive found for comfort and use with a hat. Can't get over how I cant hear while they're in though and obviously need them to be in my ears at all times. Anyone have recommendations based of experience with low profile electronic ear pro?

Picked these up as some swag a while back at a match.
Could be the answer for your criteria.
Surefire-EarPro-Sonic-Defenders.jpg

R

Picked these up as some swag a while back at a match.
Could be the answer for your criteria.
Surefire-EarPro-Sonic-Defenders.jpg

R
Those are the EP-3 I believe... Which is essentially the same I mention in my op. I currently use the ep-4s and 7s.

I too am interested. Unfortunately a can is not in the cards for me, living north of the freedom border. I have my surefires but may just use my Sordins

I have had good results with Walkers silencer. A little pricey, uses heating aid batteries that basically last only a couple of days (that's a pain) but they are effective, comfortable and enhance/amplify normal hearing. Worth a look.

If you don't mind the more traditional ear muff type, there are some great low profile ones that have really good hearing enhancement as well.
I like the ones that don't cut off on noise, but just have a noise limiter, most of the better Peltor ones do that.

I have the Walker XV's. The coated flat wires get a little annoying at times if you move your head a lot (I stalk hunt) but other than that the amplifier works well and it keeps me from going deaf with my 300wm. They also Bluetooth to your phone if you want to use them for things other than hunting.

I have the Sound Gear custom fit electronic plugs. They are expensive, but really worth the cost. You have to go to an audiologist to get fitted. They basically fill up your ear canal with some foam that hardens into a mold. They'll send off to get made and get back a week or so later. I had to go back in to shave a little bit off in order to get them to fit comfortably.

Since then I've loved them. They use hearing aid batteries as well, and only last about a week. That is kind of annoying, but other than that they are pretty cool.

Reactions: El Xolo Mexicano
I’ve been using the otto’s for a while now and am really liking them. They do have an advanced hearing setting also.

Don't worry, you aren't being "that guy". Lol. With the brace, 12.5" barrel, and vfg it is legally a firearm, not a pistol, rifle, or aow. OAL was 27 3/4.

I appreciate the lookout brother.

Reactions: deersniper
Btw, what the chart doesn't show is the brace aspect. It's not a stock, and it adds to the overall length. Over 26" with brace, you can run one. Under, you have an AOW.

My Ultra 7 is finally in. Purchased April 27 2016, got the call today August 31, 2018. That’s my hearing protection this year.

I always thought those Surefire earplugs were good. I kept a few in the compartment of my UBR buttstock on my last rifle. Made it easy to never forget it that way.

Reactions: deersniper