• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

OTTO NoizeBarrier earpro same as new Etymotic Elites....

so are these actually the exact same as the etymotic elite? Given the etymotic elite's are delayed, makes me wonder if there are issues with the product that etymotic are trying to work out before releasing them.

I received my Ottos today. I like them really well so far. I took the foam tips off of my Walker Razors. Their tips are more comfortable and fit my ears better. I'll try the Ottos at the range tomorrow.

Just got the otto’s two weeks ago. Really like them so far.

I received my Ottos today. I like them really well so far. I took the foam tips off of my Walker Razors. Their tips are more comfortable and fit my ears better. I'll try the Ottos at the range tomorrow.
Had the walkers as well. IMO the Comply foam tips are ALOT better then the Walkers. They improve the already great performance of the OTTO’s.

Reactions: SEMO Shooter

I got to try them out at the range tonight. I had 2 rifles to zero. Both have muzzle brakes. The Ottos suppressed the blast very well. Between shots I could easily hear the conversation of some guys over 20 feet away, and I had them set to low volume. The next match is in two weeks. I'll report again after the match.

I haven’t gotten to take them shooting yet but I did receive them and bought those different foams that someone else had shared. So if I’m doing this correct, I hold the button down for 2 seconds and I hear a chime in my ears and the
St tells me they are one. When I hit the button to go from high to low, the ambient sound is louder in my ear? Does that sound correct?

When you push and hold the button for 2 seconds you hear 3 tones soft to loud that is turning them on. Hold 2 seconds and you hear 3 tones loud to soft that is turning them off.

When you have them turned on if you push the button briefly you hear 2 tones soft to loud entering HI mode. Push button briefly again and you hear 2 tones loud to soft and they go back to LOW mode.

Read the little operating manual that came with them. I know we are guys and that is against the rules, but it will help

Just got mine plus the comply foams. Wow- everything sounds normal like no hearing protection. Dont even know its there. Cant wait to test them tomorrow-

Got my set a couple of weeks ago. Very impressed. You almost forget you're wearing them. Very natural sounding. Besides using them at the range where they have been more than adequate, I've also started wearing them while mowing and trimming the yard. When I edge I usually have the motor right by my ear and the suppression level of the plugs has been great.

I have them and the 3m TP-100s. They both seem about the same, but the charging case with display is way way better with the Ottos

I have the 3Ms as well, mainly because I got tired of waiting on the Etymotics after three past-deadlines for release (there have been many more since then, too). I got the 3Ms before the Ottos were even being discussed here. I keep reading about how great they are going to be (or now, "are" in the case of the Ottos), but I can never find out if there's anything better about them over the 3Ms, and if so, what? Can you elaborate a bit more on your impressions of the two?
Thanks

To those who own the Otto's, do you know if I can get custom molded earpieces made for them? I'm assuming an audiologist should be able to do it?

To those who own the Otto's, do you know if I can get custom molded earpieces made for them? I'm assuming an audiologist should be able to do it?
Yeah, it looks to me as though any tip that will fit an Etymotic GPS-15 would fit the Ottos, but bring your Ottos to the appointment to be sure.

Etymotic has a list of audiologists here if you need help finding one: https://www.etymotic.com/storelocator

FWIW, though, the Ottos fit me just fine with either their included foam tips or the Comply P-series foam tips.

Reactions: mrtoyz
PSA... ebay has a 20% off coupon, max of $50 off, that will get you a $50 discount on the Otto NoizeBarrier electronic earplugs. The ebay coupon code is "JUSTRELAX" and expires September 3. Seller is botach. Their advertised price is $349.95. After applying the coupon code, price is $299.95 with free shipping.

I made an offer a few days ago that was accepted for slightly less but it came with a message that they would be closed from August 31 through September 3, returning to the office on September 4. What I am being longwinded in saying is that you may not have the time to put in an offer, get a reply, and still use the coupon before it expires.

Just putting this out there in case anyone was waiting for an opportunity to purchase these using a coupon. :)

Your best bet is to look for a beau coupon and get your discount that way. I was unable to find them through any other retailers.

Waiting for that Discount code...Botach countered at $340.00 today.
Not going to happen at that price point, I want to find that $260.00 deal talked about on here :)

Waiting for that Discount code...Botach countered at $340.00 today.
Not going to happen at that price point, I want to find that $260.00 deal talked about on here :)
ebay has 10% off right now on everything. Ends 0800 Eastern Friday 10-26. Code is PICKUPTEN

$340 was as low as I was able to get Botach to go as well. I did manage to apply an eBay coupon (20% off up to a max of $50 off) so my out the door price was $290.

I encountered issues applying the original eBay coupon and contacted Botach and was told coupons could not be applied to "make an offer" deals. That didn't sound quite right, so I contacted eBay directly and they confirmed they were having issues within their system. They instead provided me with a one time use coupon for the $50 discount so I could complete the purchase.

I am still not sure if you are able to combine a coupon and an "offer price" deal on the same purchase or if eBay offered the one time coupon to satisfy me and get me out of their hair.

In my opinion, $290 is a pretty good price for these... even $300 would be okay but you may get lucky and catch a special discount or Black Friday deal.

$340 was as low as I was able to get Botach to go as well. I did manage to apply an eBay coupon (20% off up to a max of $50 off) so my out the door price was $290.

I encountered issues applying the original eBay coupon and contacted Botach and was told coupons could not be applied to "make an offer" deals. That didn't sound quite right, so I contacted eBay directly and they confirmed they were having issues within their system. They instead provided me with a one time use coupon for the $50 discount so I could complete the purchase.

I am still not sure if you are able to combine a coupon and an "offer price" deal on the same purchase or if eBay offered the one time coupon to satisfy me and get me out of their hair.

In my opinion, $290 is a pretty good price for these... even $300 would be okay but you may get lucky and catch a special discount or Black Friday deal.

I tried an offer and then the coupon on the Labor Day 20% off. It did not accept the coupon and charged me the full offer price. I called Botach and eBay and eBay said coupons only worked with buy it now pricing. I swear I tried the same approach several months ago and it showed the discount and offer price reduction correctly on the checkout page, but I didn't pull the strings to complete the transaction at that time. I returned it to wait for another 20% off day.

Can anyone tell me the difference between the 3M peltor and these? And do the comply ear plugs fit both? I have the 3M ear plugs and they work pretty good my only complaint is the earpieces

Can anyone tell me the difference between the 3M peltor and these? And do the comply ear plugs fit both? I have the 3M ear plugs and they work pretty good my only complaint is the earpieces

I have both. I think the sound on the OTTO sound better than the TEP-100. A bit more clear and less wind noise. The OTTO also stay charged much longer. How much? I'm not sure, but at least for mine it seems significant. I also like the OTTO charging case better. Having said all that, the TEP100s work just fine and I would not argue if someone thought they were a better buy for the price difference.

Hearing seems a bit subjective so this is just my opinion.

And yes the comply plugs will work on both.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: joffe
I have both. I think the sound on the OTTO sound better than the TEP-100. A bit more clear and less wind noise. The OTTO also stay charged much longer. How much? I'm not sure, but at least for mine it seems significant. I also like the OTTO charging case better. Having said all that, the TEP100s work just fine and I would not argue if someone thought they were a better buy for the price difference.

Hearing seems a bit subjective so this is just my opinion.

And yes the comply plugs will work on both.

Hope that helps.
Same size?

Same size?

If you're asking about the plugs - yes. At least on mine.

IMG_2962 copy.jpg

Purchased these back in August from eBay. Got them $299 shipped because of a coupon. Once they showed up, I plugged the charger in and got everything to 100%. Finally got around to using them today and when I opened the case the ear pieces were still at 100% and the main battery was at 85%. Used them for about 3 hours today and then dropped down to 80% on the ear pieces.

I followed the recommendations from other back on page 1 or 2 and bought the different style of moldable foam pieces and installed them and that’s what I used.

I shoot at an outdoor range in California that is covered, and has walls on either side of the benchmark open front and chain link fence on the back, basically a 8’x8’ open ended box that has about 40 stalls. I wasn’t sure what to expect so I brought my custom molded ear pieces with me just in case. Needless to say, I don’t think I’ll even go back to the custom pieces. These OTTO’s were so comfortable that you really can’t tell they are there. I was shooting my 6.5 Creedmoor AR and had others all around me. To my left was a guy shooting a 300 WSM and to my right was another 6.5 Creedmoor bolt gun. There was approx 25 people there and these never had a problem cancelling out all the shots at various times from people all around me. I had no problems picking up the conversations or people around me while I was shooting so they have good software that allows it to differentiate between the two.

I like them, glad I purchased them and have no problems recommending them to others. The only other hearing protection I’ve used is the Howard Light Impact Sport and my custom molded set. I like the Howard Light’s but shooting with a hat and sunglasses doesn’t allow the best seal around the ears. These take all that and throw it out the window.

As Siskle and Ebbert once said: I give these TWO THUMBS UP

I finally got to use my Otto NoizeBarrier ear plugs at a match on Saturday. The majority of the shooters were using brakes, so there was plenty of loud rifle fire. They worked very well to suppress the muzzle blast. At mid day they still had over 60% charge. I am sure the remaining charge would have lasted through the end of the match, but I put them in the charging case while we had lunch anyway.

I am using some foam ear plugs that came with my old Walker Razors that died. They are really comfortable with them. I will probably order some of the Comply tips from Amazon.

Very much. I'm much more comfortable when it comes to getting a proper cheek weld

Edit: I also have the comply foam

Everyone still liking theirs?

Very much! Also using the comply foams.

PSA though, this weekend at a finale. I went to take my ear pro out for a break, and the Otto came out, but the foam stayed in my ear, and deep. The core of the comply separated from the foam. Had to visit the doc on site to remove it with forceps. Replace your comply foams every couple months if you use them often, mine were a little past due it seems.

Reactions: lash
Very much! Also using the comply foams.

PSA though, this weekend at a finale. I went to take my ear pro out for a break, and the Otto came out, but the foam stayed in my ear, and deep. The core of the comply separated from the foam. Had to visit the doc on site to remove it with forceps. Replace your comply foams every couple months if you use them often, mine were a little past due it seems.
I suggest emailing comply and letting them know. Nothing may come of it but they may be interested and want to fix the product.

Glad to hear everyone is still liking them. I may be getting some soon

Where are/did you guys find your Ebay 20% off coupons? Do I need to just check their website daily or?

Where are/did you guys find your Ebay 20% off coupons? Do I need to just check their website daily or?
They usually post the coupon code on their main page. Can't remember if they sent emails out on those. Some codes are only for specific items and vendors and some apply to everything.

10% off codes valid today. Takes it down to $315

What about the LEO discount from them direct?

I don’t do business with Botach if I can avoid it.
Yeah I know. We all know their history but they do have very good feedback on eBay though. With that said, I’ve never had issues with them dating back to the beginning of time when they started doing online business. Yes that long ago.