• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Best-Favorite Chaw

September will be 4 years clean for me. Chewed Copenhagen for 24 years. There are certain things like baling hay that will make my mouth water for some, other than that, I’m good.

Copenhagen snuff for 25 years. My wife wants me to quit but I really don't think I have the will power, it's the only vice I have left. Every time I think about quitting I get a panic feeling, put a dip in and good to go.

Copenhagen snuff for 25 years. My wife wants me to quit but I really don't think I have the will power, it's the only vice I have left. Every time I think about quitting I get a panic feeling, put a dip in and good to go.
Like the man said, my vices are all I've got left.

Reactions: BrushBuster1

I just added it up some numbers lol. I chewed a can and half of cope a day at the time I quit and cope was like 5 ish bucks a tin so we will say 8 bucks a day to be conservative times 365 days a year times 9 years. I have had $26,280 of disposable income I have obviously spent on guns and reloading supplies that would have gone to dip. Glad I was able to quit def hard at the time but grateful I did

I just added it up some numbers lol. I chewed a can and half of cope a day at the time I quit and cope was like 5 ish bucks a tin so we will say 8 bucks a day to be conservative times 365 days a year times 9 years. I have had $26,280 of disposable income I have obviously spent on guns and reloading supplies that would have gone to dip. Glad I was able to quit def hard at the time but grateful I did
[/QUOT

I know it is defiantly getting expensive!!

Cope long cut, timber wolf LCS, to red man LCS. Can a day from 15 to 34 years old. Quit September 2018, just ran out of snuff and didnt buy anymore. I dipped a can and a half while elk hunting last October.

I enjoy a chew periodically. I maybe go through one pouch a year...mainly while I'm doing yard work or fishing. Usually it's BeechNut or one of the Red Man varieties (currently working on a pouch of Red Man Golden Blend). Last time I checked, I think it was up > $10/pouch where I'm at! I usually get it on out of state road trips where the "sin tax" isn't so high.

Reactions: acudaowner
September will be 4 years clean for me. Chewed Copenhagen for 24 years. There are certain things like baling hay that will make my mouth water for some, other than that, I’m good.

Good on you, I chewed early on, and smoked and everything else, took me two years to quit all at 27, and 20 yrs later still have cravings, now I smoke a cigar 1 a month, but I've been chaw a bit lately, I'm looking for a diff flavor.. my dad smoked a pipe when I was a youngin, so it always will be there I guess that's where cigars come in, I say good for you, but all in moderation! Cheers!

I enjoy a chew periodically. I maybe go through one pouch a year...mainly while I'm doing yard work or fishing. Usually it's BeechNut or one of the Red Man varieties (currently working on a pouch of Red Man Golden Blend). Last time I checked, I think it was up > $10/pouch where I'm at! I usually get it on out of state road trips where the "sin tax" isn't so high.

Ya, I got a Levi Garrett for 12 near the city, small town it was still 7 something, I used to get a tin of hawken for 2.50 something, times chang geez, ya Redman gold I like too, but I don't like too sweet, Levi has that leathery tobacco smoky flavor I like, I tried beechnut and the sweetness was just too much, good evening sir

Reactions: Bullfroggy
Quit chewing over 20 years ago. Redman or Levi when playing ball, Skoal and sometimes Cope when not playing.
Quit when my son called me a hypocrite for being anti-smoking
but okay with chew...

I quit smoking and chewing about ten years ago. I recently started chewing again. I drink with a guy that chews and every time he would open his can of Copenhagen the smell would make my mouth water. I started chewing just while I was drinking but it eventually turned into full time. I have a small dip of Copenhagen in my mouth right now. After reading this I'm reminded of just how much I used to like redman

I quit smoking and chewing about ten years ago. I recently started chewing again. I drink with a guy that chews and every time he would open his can of Copenhagen the smell would make my mouth water. I started chewing just while I was drinking but it eventually turned into full time. I have a small dip of Copenhagen in my mouth right now. After reading this I'm reminded of just how much I used to like redman

Cope to me didn't appeal too much in flavor, kinda reminds me of mango, chutney and burnt hair, without the mango and chutney lol, but I still dipped it at one time, (commercial?), Lol

0EAE9B28-D9FE-4260-927D-9E7D8EF5C196.jpeg

this is pretty much the only chew I’ll ever do. Ever since I was 10 years old and smoked my first cigarette, I made the decision when I was 12 to never ingest straight tobacco products again. However I have gained an understanding as to why people chew that horrible crap, I asked my cousins kid who graduated from Annapolis why he does; he pointed out, ‘well how do you expect to be up for over 24 hours and stay vigilant’ ? .....however, even though I never will again; I would rather smoke cigarettes than chew tobacco.

I quit back around ‘01. Dipped and chewed a little bit of everything from the time I was 15 till I was 28 and hung it up.
Favorite dip was Skoal Straight long cut or copenhagen.
Favorite chew was Red Man Golden Blend or King Bee Twist.
King Bee that was fresh wasn’t terribly dry, but if it had been at the store a while, you’d have to let it moisten up in your jaw a bit before you got much flavor out of it. But it was probably my favorite altogether.
Lancaster would spit the daylights out of you, Levi Garrett had too damn many stems.

The other great thing about chewing twist was that only grown men would ask to bum a chew off of you........

I’ve chewed for about 20 years. 10-15 years with Copenhagen. Decided I was quitting soon. Picked up a roll of Kayak natural for $5.50. Unfortunately I like this kayak natural.

Well I know I said I was quitting....and I was.
Was at the cabin in LA last week, Thursday. I had left a can down there on the windowsill. I got to working on my little shower room addition, and decided I would need a dip of that snuff soon.
Well I put it in my pocket and kept working. After about 3 hours, my knee was hurting so bad I just had to stop.
I sat down and, "Hey I was gonna get a dip." I pulled the can out and opened it up. There was the driest, most pitiful tiny dip left in the can. I just kinda chuckled and threw it in the trashcan.
I did go buy a fresh can the next day, but after 4 days there's still over half a can left.

If I'm working on a project, or fishing, I seem to "need a small dip". I'll probably slowly quit. I don't really chew much anyway.

I dipped Copenhagen snuff for just short of 25 years. I think about it & I miss it every day. I quit back in September of 2011 & I haven’t cheated once. I never wanted to quit. I only did so because I had a cancer scare. As much as it killed me to quit, I figured I was buying years w/ the kids.

My favorite tobacco product outside of Copenhagen was Days O’Work plug. That shit was so black it looked like 100,000 mile motor oil when you spit.

If the world were going to end or I had some sort of terminal disease the first thing I’d to run to the store for a can of Copenhagen snuff.

Started this habit at 14 years old. I'll quit one day, if my wife can tolerate me quitting. She may kill me and rightfully so!

Attachments

• Picture1.png
    Picture1.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 43
I buy the fire cured leaf and process it into longcut in my wife's food processor. Straight tobacco with a slight smokey flavor!
Screenshot_20200204-225245.png

Copenhagen long cut for me, RM Golden blend some during planting and hay season. I only go through about 1 to 1.5 cans a week. Hell I am a dentist so my dentist can't shame me. What can i say....grew up with both grandfathers tobacco farming. The 8 or 9 country boys in my dental school class still hunt and fish together a few times a year. They all dip or chew. I figure moderation is the key. I don't have another regular vice and a man's got to have something. I'm in shape, work out regular, eat good etc. Overuse is the deciding factor I think....those that dip or chew in 24/7 and even then doesn't mean you'll ever develop oral cancer. I practice in tobacco country and smokeless use is prevalent but in 26 years of practice i have biopsied less than 10 squamous cell carcinomas. Lots of hyperplasia but you would get hyperplasia holding any foreign body in the same place day after day. It does increase cancer risk but many things do as well. If you believe the hate against all tobacco you'd think any use is going to kill you. Guarantee you synthetic sugar substitutes will end up being a major carcinogen and that crap is pushed like hell. It has detriment but is better than smoking and I have diagnosed more skin cancers just on the face and ears from sun damage than oral cancer in my career. Cut down use, switch sides, try to quit if you can but...........

My cousin and I asked my grandpa for some chew when we were 12. He pulled out a plug of Redman and cut us each a chunk. We, of course, ended up swallowing some and puked our guts out. I've never tried it again.