• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Best gaming system

Shootinsurveyor

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 30, 2009
VA
Between the XBOX 360 with Kinect and the PS3 with their camera system, which is the best for a family. First hand experience appreciated. Haven't owned as system since PS2 and haven't played any of the current ones in over a year or two.

Re: Best gaming system

i've got the ps3 no camera system, great to review kill footage on, plug in my sony HD camera and it sync's quickly to the 3 for quick HD video... then again, there is the gaming!!!

I'll admit the Kinect was pretty cool when I was first introduced. Definitely the next evolution in controlling a game.

Havent seen the PS3 camera in action, but regardless. I'd rather have a PS3 anyway. Just a bigger fan of the controls.

If you absolutely GOTTA HAVE the best around. Wait till the next console release in a year or so. PS3 will get much cheaper and you'll be able to compare it to the next stage of bad-ass-ness

The best game system for a family i would say neither of those options, i would say a Wii is very family friendly.

From those two choices i like the XBOX kinect better than the PS3, cant go wrong with either though.

360 with Kinect and an Ion drum kit for Rock Band. My two year old is a nut on that stuff.

i had 3 xbox's....all got the red ring of death...switched to ps3..LOVE IT!

ps3 doesnt make you pay for online gamming....the level of players skill is much higher cause there are more players...and you never have to wait to play a game because people are always playing...

only reason for a xbox is the kinect..

..and the network gets hacked, constantly. I've had red rings on two machines, but 3rd time is a charm. MS replaced all of them, no questions asked, even out of warranty.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: netranger6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">..and the network gets hacked, constantly. I've had red rings on two machines, but 3rd time is a charm. MS replaced all of them, no questions asked, even out of warranty. </div></div>
and the network gets hacked, constantly? little dramatic dont you think?....thats like saying 93 people are killed in norway everyday by a crazed gunmen....

my PS3 has been down once...

Google console failure rates for Wii, Xbox360, and PS3. The 360 is in the lead, ps3 trailing close behind, and Wii wayyy in the back with the lowest % of console failures.

Bottom line they were designed to break/fail. Compare to historical data on PS2, Xbox, PS1, Nintendo64, etc etc etc.

All that aside, as far as games go the Xbox Live Arcade is a good value in that you can download more titles to play than just what is offered on store shelves. The PS3 Network is free, but as mentioned above it has been having issues with hacker attacks recently and account data being stolen/compromised. The major advantage the PS3 has over the 360 is the blueray player.

I have both systems, and while it may seem dramatic, it's true. Live is not without the hacks either, but it hasn't brought the network down nor compromised millions of accounts...yet.

Xbox free60.
smile.gif

Neither system. Best for family? Go camping, or fishing or take them to the range. Don't rely on technology to bring the family together. GO DO SOMETHING!!!

Family does do lots of outside stuff, but gotta have something to do after dark and when its rainy. And I like video games and I don't shoot enough to constantly have to reload every night. There are worse problems in the world for sure

I own all three of the major systems.

I've had 3 Xbox 360's, none of which have ever red ringed on me. Originally I had bought 2 Elites then sold them both so I could buy a special edition console. I love the Xbox for Live. The Live Arcade is great and a lot easier to navigate than the PS network. I play cross platform titles on my Xbox. My wife loves it because Netflix is easier to operate on it, and my younger nephews like it because they can download endless Lego game demos. As for the Kinect, Its fun. A great add on. Unique feature for sure. Gets the family together to play competitive games and of course "Rock Band" is the best on Xbox.

Really I only bought my PS3 for the ability to play Blurays and play proprietary titles. So far the only one that has really made the PS3 worth it was "Infamous." I've owned 2 of them in my time and 1 one them did the red ring of death equivalent. "Major Hardware Failure" or something like that. PlayStation basically told me told me, "Tough." Of all my friends who have had the Xbox's Red Ring, all have been fixed by Microsoft for free.

The Wii is awesome and has been doing for years what the Kinect has only done for 6 months. Great for kids, geared toward them more and very user friendly. Only had an issue once with it when my nephew stuck a potato chip into the disk slot. Easy fix.

Well these are experiences and opinions on the different consoles. If you have any questions go ahead and ask. Hope this helps.

The best? The one that started it all PC without a doubt. If your talking console both are pretty outdated hardware wise, but having both i'd pick PS3 you get better value for a console considering free PSN and it plays Blu-Rays. Also PS3 exclusives seem to be more original and time is taken on developing them.

Example A of why PC is better
wink.gif

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9UwOrl036_A"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9UwOrl036_A" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Example B
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cK83Nu4Gts4"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cK83Nu4Gts4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Gameplay looked good, except: 1: Gunner would have been running thermals on a movement to contact. 2: I didn't hear the TC call for round change, from a battle carry sabot, to say HEAT/MPAT. 3: Coax reticle doesn't change, when going from Main Gun, just ballistic solution... I'm just saying.

heard theres a sniper game out (sniper-Ghost Warrior) for all you tards to get yer training on.......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: netranger6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gameplay looked good, except: 1: Gunner would have been running thermals on a movement to contact. 2: I didn't hear the TC call for round change, from a battle carry sabot, to say HEAT/MPAT. 3: Coax reticle doesn't change, when going from Main Gun, just ballistic solution... I'm just saying.</div></div>

Haha i would've posted ARMA had i known you wanted realism. The main focus was to show off the capability of Directx 11 and the computing power available with modern PCs today.

It's not near that quality on console but it's still very good. Can't wait for it. There will be an open beta in late september/early october so you'll be able to try it and see what you think. The physics and animations of characters are absolutely breath taking. Here's a multiplayer trailer.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XhBjBy5OOFY&feature=channel_video_title"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XhBjBy5OOFY&feature=channel_video_title" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Animation Video

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8pNOxynC1Dc&feature=channel_video_title"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8pNOxynC1Dc&feature=channel_video_title" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

UP,DOWN,UP,DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT,LEFT, RIGHT, A, B, A, B, SELECT, START..................jus sayin

I do have one gripe they made the M16A4 full-auto. Unless i'm mistaken i thought it was only the A3 and A1 that were full-auto variants.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">UP,DOWN,UP,DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT,LEFT, RIGHT, A, B, A, B, SELECT, START..................jus sayin </div></div>

That's up, up , down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, select start... jus correctin
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Right you are, been what 25 years? </div></div>

I'm still waiting for the forms to clear on my spread rifle... damn BATF, probably sold it to the cartels...
wink.gif

Yeah, bout 25 yrs... man what a great time, even with the more advanced stuff I bet Contra is still playable.

Speaking of ARMA. Ive been playing these since the 1st Operation Flashpoint. Great games. Arma OA is pretty good although mods are getting almost to big to download. had to do a little upgrading to be able to play at a decent view distance.

It is indeed, I downloaded it on the 360.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Inogame</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Right you are, been what 25 years? </div></div>

I'm still waiting for the forms to clear on my spread rifle... damn BATF, probably sold it to the cartels...
wink.gif

Yeah, bout 25 yrs... man what a great time, even with the more advanced stuff I bet Contra is still playable. </div></div>

I went all out on the PS3 l have over 200 games the eye , motion controls ect . my son had the 360 he's happy with his . l watch a lot of blu ray movies on mine in the bedroom on the 55 inch Samsung LCD with a nice surround sound set up . its like being at Warren theater in the big movies.

+1 ps3 although i believe the xbox live you have better gaming experience only because you have to pay to get on line, kinda weeds out the kids and their trash talk

Well, I ended up with a PS3. Got NCAA 2011 and Just Cause 2. Looks pretty damn good on the 42"LCD. I know a new generation is coming soon, but I'm always a gen behind anyway and it will make for cheap games.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: benchmstr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

ps3 doesnt make you pay for online gamming....the level of players skill is much higher cause there are more players...and you never have to wait to play a game because people are always playing...
and i'm an idiot</div></div>

Fixed it for you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JBurt</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: benchmstr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

and i'm an idiot</div></div>

Fixed it for you.
</div></div>

We Have had some people try to play PC with Xbox and playstation controllers. The get worked like Chuck Norris mugging 5th graders...

Oh and you don't have to pay for online play with PC either. only MMORPGs like WoW charge monthly fees.

My vote is for Xbox360. Plus sony didn't do a very good job of protecting their customers info from hackers...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LEEEEEEEEROY.......JEEENKINSS </div></div>

Exactly!! All iconic gaming moments come from PC except for Red VS Blue in Halo. And guess what the videos for that were made on? PC.

PC has a much tighter and more competitive gaming community than console.

Bums up thumbs up lets do this! LEEEROYYYYY!!!

PS3! Come on now. Free blue ray player.... Who doesn't like free stuff?