• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best grease or lube for suppresed LWRC

adam1122

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2010
Tx
What is the best performing grease or mix of grease and lube on a suppressed lwrc gas piston rifle? 20in piston gun that shoots suppressed 100% of the time.

What parts go better with which lube?

I want to eliminate any possible FTF's by running the right ammount of grease and lube in the best places to reduce friction. Charging handle, BCG, bolf lugs are the obvious but who know what works best and where?

Also, what does everyone run? Slip 2000 and a white waterproof grease in places?

Oh, the BCG is generally able to just be wiped clean after several hundred rounds (.308)....just want to eliminate friction and heat build up.

Thanks.

Re: Best grease or lube for suppresed LWRC

I normally don't use grease on my AR-15 just some militec-1 oil. If I do use grease (shotty and pistols) I have found Slide Glide lite to be awesome.

I've found that the TW25B works great on my suppressed LWRC M6A3 and SPR. Doesn't burn away, but wipes clean. Good stuff. Use it on everything. I just put some on the bearing surfaces of the carrier, charging handle, and cam pin. I also finger the interior of the upper receiver with a thin layer, just for good measure. It all just wipes out when I clean it up...which has worked out to about once a year.

Just out of curiosity, are you shooting 556 or 762? Whereabouts in Texas are you? If you have a REPR, I wanna be your friend. Only gotten to hold one at a shop in Lubbock one time, which is two hours away from me. I really need to shoot one!
smile.gif

LWRC supplies a small thing of TW25B and Slip2000EWL. In the manual it tells you which surfaces to use which on.

I live in Houston....and yeah, the Repr is a 7.62. It's loaded out. SN-3...TBAC 30P-1...surefire scount light...Geissele two stage...20in barrel.

For what I paid I def got my monies worth. Prints dime sized groups with 175gr SMK's. Search the hide or PM and I will send you some pics.