• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Best gun rack

Tikkad

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2010
Abilene texas
hey guys I figured this would be the best place to post this. I have a cj7 jeep that I keep at the ranch and I'm trying to figure out what the best type of gun rack to get would be.

Currently leaning towards this one but the third grip in the middle kindof worries me. If the other two were not very tight i feel like this could put a lot of pressure on the scope. any thoughts?

Big Sky Gun Rack

trying to keep it somewhat low budget for now. floor space is minimal. quick access is pretty much a must. It does have a full roll cage so pretty good mounting options

Re: Best gun rack

This is kinda what I had in my wranger. It bolted to the floor on the passenger's side right next to the console. I made mine since I didn't want to pay a ridiculous fee. But my rifle was within arm's reach and ready to go.

tufloc036.jpg

I have a busted Big Sky rack in my garage, and it did put a bunch of pressure on scopes.

Big Sky's are the best I've used..by the way, the center support is adjustable or removeable on my double rifle model.

I've got a solution that will cost you only a couple of dollars.

Take a piece of heavy industrial velcro and wrap it around the post of your headrest and secure to your barrel with the rifle flat against the back of the seat. Picked this up from a guy several years ago. This is how I transport all my rifles and shotguns and have never had one come loose.

Several others on here have seen it work and now transport their rifles this way as well.

Eddie