• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best gun related deal you ever made.

Re: Best gun related deal you ever made.

Best deal: Free guns....can't beat that.

That said, my best deal a few years back (about 1999 or 2000) was a Colt National Match Gold Cup, NIB for $500. The bright stainless NIB was $550, or I could have the pair for $1k. I still kick myself for buying only 1.

Just got an FNAR w/extras for the price of "on the house"

-$300 for a Taurus 1911
-$275 for a Remmington 600 in .308 w/scope
-G26 and Taurus .38 snubby for $0.00
-NIB Browning Citori in SKB case for $700
-1 of 2 ever made Hughes Precision AR lowers for $0.00
-NIB G19 with 300 rds for $300
-Savage 22mag w/scope for $100
-Remington 696 for $79.00
-Winchester 63 20ga for $0.00
-Winchester 1500xtr for $375, sold back for $375, and will cone back to me in his will for $0.00

-traded a can of skoal for a hoyt compound, then bought a fully loaded Matthews Q2 in an SKB case off the same idiot for about $500

-a friend of mine bought a brand new Kahr PM9 for $100.00
-My brother picked up a brand new, genuine Colt A1, Vietnam era AR upper for $300.00 recently

-I have heard some old timer cops I know tell stories of widows bringing guns to the PD and the shit that they bought for the prices they paid is sickening. I have seen some of the guns, and heard the horor stories of them selling some of the stuff years ago, only to find out it is worth a fortune nowadays.

Wow I got a few awesome deals. I got a LH Anschutz 54MS for $525 probably worth about $1100. I had a woman whose husband pass away give me a Model 12 and 94 both pre 64,mossberg 22,old daisy. The best deal ever was for $600 I got a file cabinet filled with reloading supplies,Nylon 66,Rem 700, and a new Win 70. How about a Colt combat commander for $100!!! Iv been in the right place the right time alot of times.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Joel.B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My first rifle buy. Win Model 88 .308, three digit serial #, NIB, $200

Friends Grampa sold it to me.

I took it to gun shop to see about getting a scope mounted, owner offered me 6 bills for it

I felt bad about price I paid Gramps, thought he did not know what he had so I took gun back to him and told him what the shop owner offered me for it. he said "Fuck that guy, guns worth a bit more than that"

</div></div>

Best post I have read on this site in years
Ol' Gramps must've figured you were a helluva good guy!

Was given a Browning 9mm Hi-Power for free because... and I quote "his wife didn't like it in the house." Only had about 50 rds down the barrel

Not sure,...

A SS Colt Series 80 Officers Model for a
1903A4 Springfield first serial # block all R marked parts bore looks almost new only missing scope and rings

or,..

an original Marlin Ballard #5 barrel (Late 1800's) sleeved to .22LR for $200.00 because it wouldn't shoot straight, broken firing pin got a new pin and it shoots fine now

John

Finnish M28-30 for $200 in the Bay Area of California of all places. I eventually sold it for $600 but shouldn’t have. It easily hit the 600 yard gongs at the Angeles range in LA with the irons. Awesome weapon.

Pick up a Kimber Desert Warrior with 30 rounds through it for $350 from a guy at the range. He said it shoot like shit and showed me his target. I gave him the cash, took the gun and put 50 rounds down range at 15 yards make a nice ragged hole with it. The guy want to buy it back I said NO...what a dumbass
smile.gif