• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Best Gun Shop Stories... Share them!

Re: Best Gun Shop Stories... Share them!

I don't have room to put all of the stupid shit I hear on a daily basis. I work the gun counter at a big box store here, oh we'll just say it rhymes with Slander Fountain, and not only do I listen to outlandish bullshit from customers all day I swear 75% of the guys I work with learned about shooting from reading the manufacturer brochures we keep around.

If I had to pick my favorite story it would have to be the day I spent 10 minutes trying to convince a guy that he could not in fact shoot .30-06 in his .308 despite the fact, that he persistently pointed out, they were both .30 caliber.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sleepymonkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't have room to put all of the stupid shit I hear on a daily basis. I work the gun counter at a big box store here, oh we'll just say it rhymes with Slander Fountain, and not only do I listen to outlandish bullshit from customers all day I swear 75% of the guys I work with learned about shooting from reading the manufacturer brochures we keep around.

If I had to pick my favorite story it would have to be the day I spent 10 minutes trying to convince a guy that he could not in fact shoot .30-06 in his .308 despite the fact, that he persistently pointed out, they were both .30 caliber. </div></div>

I hear this alot too, since i work on a phone center for a big box store aswell. i spent 10 or so minutes one day explaining to a "weekend warrior" why he could not use .45GAP in his 1911, and why .45 Colt would not work either.. i finally got to the point where i asked him how he could own a firearm and try to teach his woman to shoot when he himself did not know what the difference was.. she laughed, he got angry and left.. was a great time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LongHogger</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sleepymonkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't have room to put all of the stupid shit I hear on a daily basis. I work the gun counter at a big box store here, oh we'll just say it rhymes with Slander Fountain, and not only do I listen to outlandish bullshit from customers all day I swear 75% of the guys I work with learned about shooting from reading the manufacturer brochures we keep around.

If I had to pick my favorite story it would have to be the day I spent 10 minutes trying to convince a guy that he could not in fact shoot .30-06 in his .308 despite the fact, that he persistently pointed out, they were both .30 caliber. </div></div>

I hear this alot too, since i work on a phone center for a big box store aswell. i spent 10 or so minutes one day explaining to a "weekend warrior" why he could not use .45GAP in his 1911, and why .45 Colt would not work either.. i finally got to the point where i asked him how he could own a firearm and try to teach his woman to shoot when he himself did not know what the difference was.. she laughed, he got angry and left.. was a great time. </div></div>

Sometimes the only way they learn is when the whole thing blows up in their face. Stupid ignorant people...

One of my local shops has recently raised their transfer prices considerably. It used to be about 25 or 30 bucks which wasn't that bad. Then a few months ago they jacked their prices up to $45-50. Their logic was that the other shops in the area had raised their transfer prices so they had to raise theirs to "stay competitive." Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't you want to be the lowest transfer price in the area? Even if by five or ten dollars less than the other shops more people would would go through the shop, generating more revenue than the higher priced shops that do less transfers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MontanaKid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Sometimes the only way they learn is when the whole thing blows up in their face. Stupid ignorant people...</div></div>
The he goes on internet forums and posts how all "insert brand" 1911s are garbage because it blew up on him! haha

Did not happen in a gun shop, but idiocy knows no bounds. I was sitting in the office of the second in command at a local PD (50 or so officers so you would expect him to be reasonably professional/intelligent) during our conversation he tells me that his bolt action .22 with subsonic ammunition is quitter than a pellet gun ( somewhat reasonable) and that it is fine for stray dogs and varmits out to 125 yards (meh ok ill let it slide). Then i make the mistake and start talking about rifle suppressors, and how i wished i lived in a state where you could own one. He looks both ways leans in and tells me, all you really need is a two liter bottle to slip over then end of a .22 and presto, but its only good for one shot (wtf really?) So now my faith in humanity is plunging like Amy Winehouse into a pile of blow, when; with a smug smirk he spends 5 minutes telling me how his gun safe at home is "rigged" so that if someone other than him tries to open it "they'll get a double barrel shotgun blast to the face". I wanted to face palm right in his office................failure

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HSNARC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So now my faith in humanity is plunging like Amy Winehouse into a pile of blow, when; with a smug smirk he spends 5 minutes telling me how his gun safe at home is "rigged" so that if someone other than him tries to open it "they'll get a double barrel shotgun blast to the face". I wanted to face palm right in his office................failure </div></div>

That's a classic.

So I'm picking up some ammo today, and in the course of conversation I mention picking up a .38 for my wife.
Counter guy: "Good. at least you convinced her to stay away from the 9mm."
The 9mm, it seems, will not penetrate the human body. At that point I glazed over and left.

edit to add<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HSNARC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did not happen in a gun shop, but idiocy knows no bounds. I was sitting in the office of the second in command at a local PD (50 or so officers so you would expect him to be reasonably professional/intelligent) during our conversation he tells me that his bolt action .22 with subsonic ammunition is quitter than a pellet gun ( somewhat reasonable) and that it is fine for stray dogs and varmits out to 125 yards (meh ok ill let it slide). Then i make the mistake and start talking about rifle suppressors, and how i wished i lived in a state where you could own one. He looks both ways leans in and tells me, all you really need is a two liter bottle to slip over then end of a .22 and presto, but its only good for one shot (wtf really?) So now my faith in humanity is plunging like Amy Winehouse into a pile of blow, when; with a smug smirk he spends 5 minutes telling me how his gun safe at home is "rigged" so that if someone other than him tries to open it "they'll get a double barrel shotgun blast to the face". I wanted to face palm right in his office................failure </div></div>

other than the shotgun rigged safe... he wasn't being stupid....

CBs in a 22 are about as quiet as a pellet gun... a 2 liter taped over the barrel is good for one shot... and 125 isn't near the end of a 22LR's range.

booby traps are retarded

Yes boobie traps are illegal. And if you put a soda can on the end of your rifle with the intent of making it quieter, did you not just create a suppressor? Hope you've got that Form 1!

I used to sell guns:
A farmer (REALLY LOOKED THE PART) came in hopping mad about coyotes killing his cattle/calves.

He said to me "I want the most accurate- furthest shooting rifle you got on that rack." {It was at a big box sporting good store with typical hunt'n rifles on the rack.]

I responded "well sir, the most accurate rifle I have is our high-end Weatherby mark V- they come with a proof target. As far as long range I'd suggest 7mmRM as the 7mm's are high BC bullets."

"Lemme see it."

I pulled the rifle off the rack and went and found the box and presented him with the proof target.

He replied "I'll take it."

I having been inundated with demands to create "add on sales" said "nice choice sir. Now let me show you some quality scopes that would be worthy of such a rifle."

He was obviously taken aback by my comment and it was blatantly obvious I had horribly offended him. ??????????

He set his jaw, narrowed his eyes and said emphatically "If that feller at the factory can shoot that good without a scope I CAN TOO!"

He bought the rifle and left. It was drilled and tapped for scope mounts, had no iron sights on it.

Here's mine:

Gun Store Story

It was 1980 and I was living in the St Louis area at the time. In those days, some of y'all will remember, all sales of handgun ammo had to be logged similar to a firearm purchase.

I was out cruising the area gunshops on a "Monday holiday" and observed the following at a store in the Kirkland area. A "Superfly" lookin' dude (hat, bell bottom trousers, and wide lapel jacket) walks in. He and the owner greet each other by first name.

Owner: "Whatcha' need t'day?"
Customer: "I need some bullets"
Owner: "38, right? How many?"
Customer: "Three"
Owner: "OK"

The owner then proceeds to open a drawer that has broken boxes of ammo and pulls out three rounds of .38 Special. He pulls out the log book, gets his ID and fills out the sheet. I don't recall how much he charged - it was either $1 or $2 per round!

After the customer left, the owner and I started chatting it up about the transaction. He laughed and said, "Yeah, he comes in here frequently. I guess he had a little action over the weekend".

Some months later, I was at a party and overheard a guy telling a similar story. After we talked a few minutes I told him that the story sounded like a bunch of BS, except that I had actually witnessed it. We determined it was the same store had a good laugh about it!

Kevin

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TresMon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I used to sell guns:
A farmer (REALLY LOOKED THE PART) came in hopping mad about coyotes killing his cattle/calves.

He said to me "I want the most accurate- furthest shooting rifle you got on that rack." {It was at a big box sporting good store with typical hunt'n rifles on the rack.]

I responded "well sir, the most accurate rifle I have is our high-end Weatherby mark V- they come with a proof target. As far as long range I'd suggest 7mmRM as the 7mm's are high BC bullets."

"Lemme see it."

I pulled the rifle off the rack and went and found the box and presented him with the proof target.

He replied "I'll take it."

I having been inundated with demands to create "add on sales" said "nice choice sir. Now let me show you some quality scopes that would be worthy of such a rifle."

He was obviously taken aback by my comment and it was blatantly obvious I had horribly offended him. ??????????

He set his jaw, narrowed his eyes and said emphatically "If that feller at the factory can shoot that good without a scope I CAN TOO!"

He bought the rifle and left. It was drilled and tapped for scope mounts, had no iron sights on it.</div></div>

That gave me a good belly laugh. "If that feller at the factory can shoot that good without a scope I CAN TOO!" I love it!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gathert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats gold right there. Did he ever come back for a scope?</div></div>

Not to me he didn't!!!

smile.gif

My brother and I decided to check out a local place that sells reloading supplies. Of course, look around, then shoot the bull with the owner and another customer, and finally buy some stuff. Owner tells a story about a vacuum cleaner salesman that had to replace a couple impellers on a housewife's vacuum due to a mysterious, never before seen defect. During the second visit to replace the impeller, he inquires where she was vacuuming, and finds out she sucked up some primers from her husband's reloading area and pow! Vacuum quit working because the impeller blew apart.

So, we had a good laugh at that, but then, the other customer, an older gentleman, says, totally matter of fact...

"I blew up my wife's vacuum cleaner once when I sucked up a primer. Must have blew up all the powder I vacuumed up. Man, couldn't hear nuthin for a couple days... Wasn't much left of the vacuum either."

We were able to keep a straight face until we got to the car, then had a really good laugh.

395881253.jpg

My truck a few years ago. A "customer" has a shotgun he wanted to sell. While getting it out of his trunk and unloading it at the same time.

I had made 1 payment on it when this happened.

So many stories, so little time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: css</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
395881253.jpg

My truck a few years ago. A "customer" has a shotgun he wanted to sell. While getting it out of his trunk and unloading it at the same time.

So many stories, so little time. </div></div>

Pic for proof of the story........that's good for the WIN!!

00 buck did a number on your truck.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: css</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
395881253.jpg

Wait a minute. Now you're telling us a guy shot your TRUCK with a SHOTGUN and it didn't explode? Well I've seen plenty of episodes of the A-Team that would refute your story....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: halcyon575</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
css said:
Wait a minute. Now you're telling us a guy shot your TRUCK with a SHOTGUN and it didn't explode? Well I've seen plenty of episodes of the A-Team that would refute your story....</div></div>
I'll fix that for ya. "Your truck didn't explode when you shot it!? I've seen plenty of episodes of American Guns and Sons of Guns that would refute your story..."

I have a friend from the local skeet league that has worked in a local shop for many years.....he has some real whopper stories that are always entertaining. The worst was when a fella was putting his new .22 in the back seat of the car after buying it in the shop. He had been loading it walking across the parking lot for who knows what reason. When he slid it butt first into the back seat to leave it goes off and hits my friend in the thigh who is getting an item out of his truck across the lot. The guy tries to play it off and casually gets in his car and starts to drive away.

So who was it, or which one of them, got charged with the 'attempted murder'? Because I know that I would be 'coming unglued' in that scenario.

It was a big stink no doubt and went through the court system with charges filed. The friend was worried about his femoral artery knowing how a .22 acts inside the body and that delayed his "beat the hell" out of the guy response. The wound messed him up for a little while. No serious damage in the end but they had to locate and dig it out.

Was in a local shop killing time on my lunch break when this cute girl walks in (mid 20s) and asks about buying a handgun for self defense. The store clerk was a perv looking guy and seemed "happy" to help her. He starts showing her the standard semi autos glocks, sigs, rugers etc.

She seemed interested more in revolvers since they are a simpler design. She explains that she lives alone in an apt and is worried about bullet penetration since she has neighbors with children and wants to know what ammo is good for home defense. (Obviously she did her homework)

He tells her not to worry as long as she's being threatened it doesnt matter if her bullet goes thru a wall and hits someone. Its self defense.

She walked out. I laughed.

395881253.jpg

I can't even begin to imagine how pissed I'd be.

Had a customer buy a 30-30 lever gun. He returned to the shop a week or so later stating that he had been to the local Academy sports looking for a SPARE MAGAZINE. The dufus behind the counter there informed him that they didnt carry them. He asked if I could get him one.

Dave

Had another customer at the counter admiring the new Springfield M1A scout rifle. We obliged, made sure it was clear and handed it to him. He proceeded to go all drill team with it, not intentionally, just fumbled the gun, spun it around, slapped back and forth between left and right hand and down on the floor it went. Bent the forward optic mount and handed it back to me.....he left red-faced.

Dave

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HSNARC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...now my faith in humanity is plunging like Amy Winehouse into a pile of blow</div></div>

I am going to plagiarize this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: damitboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Had another customer at the counter admiring the new Springfield M1A scout rifle. We obliged, made sure it was clear and handed it to him. He proceeded to go all drill team with it, not intentionally, just fumbled the gun, spun it around, slapped back and forth between left and right hand and down on the floor it went. Bent the forward optic mount and handed it back to me.....he left red-faced.

Dave</div></div>

Never did anything quite as dramatic, but I did feel like a moron when I accidentally released the bolt on to my foot while looking at a gun a few years back (thought I was pressing the button to release the floor plate, I was 15).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any story from any worker at Jensens in Loveland Co...

I avoid that store as much as possible but one of the best stupid things I've heard from a worker there was that <span style="font-weight: bold">ALL</span> 1911s (.45) will crack and blow up in your hand after 1000 rounds and all the other dickheads were nodding in approval, even chiming in with their own bullshit stories. </div></div>

I went in Jensen's ONCE. That was five times too many!

I was be hind the counter at my gun shop/indoor shooting range. A guy and his girl came in to shoot. As he is looking around and sees the guns in the cases with price tags on them, he ask me "are the guns for sale". His girl looks and says to him,"no you dumb ass they just put out for looks."

7 or 8 years ago, I was in a shop perusing. It was right before deer season, when people come out of the woodwork to buy ammo and prepare. So this shop had a little island of popular cartridges set up and labeled with their respective calibers. There was neatly stacked boxes, except for an empty spot that had a sign saying .30-06 below it...and another handwritten sign in the empty slot saying "Sorry, OUT of .30-06"

I was wandering around and shortly a middle aged man walks in and goes straight for the ammo. He looks and looks, walks around the whole thing, then pauses at the sign. He looks at the sign...he looks at the man behind the counter. Looks at the sign...looks at the man. Looks intently at the sign...turns to the counter and asks "Do you have any more .30-06?"

"OH MY GOD!" exclaims the man behind the counter as he throws up his hands and just walks away behind the curtain into the back room! haha The other man working kept his cool, told him nicely, "No sir, I'm sorry but we are out. Hence the sign." haha I went up and talked to them after the man left, and apparently that day it seemed like every other person who came in happened to want .30-06 ammo, and apparently none of those people could read. I can imagine it getting tiring after a while!

So a few months later, it was my turn to act like an idiot! haha I walked into a gas station to get the sunday paper. I walk to the shelf where the papers have been stacked every single day for YEARS. It's empty... I turn to the clerk and without thinking open my retarded mouth, and as it was coming out I was giving myself a mental facepalm for being so stupid..."Do you have any more papers?"

Without missing a beat I get the response, "Yup, but I didn't want you to have any so I hid them all behind the counter here"

Only about an hour ago, I was in a gun store near Saugerties, and this bearded local was holding a Swedish mauser, in good original condition, and saying "you can tell this is really accurate, because it's got a long barrel". Sure, and that 30" barrel 98 Krag over there must be even more accurate.....

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0FAo5xBtAW8&feature=related"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0FAo5xBtAW8&feature=related" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

im not at the gun shop but I am sitting the shop at work. Right now no joke one of my co workers is telling stories of How GOOD his cat eye BSA scope is and long range shooting his fully auto ak47. What a way to start the morning!!! I love it. I should have recorded this, it was pricless.Just a quick post I could go on for a while on all the crap he was just saying. Other peoples children.

I was in a gun shop in SE Kansas, the guy at the counter was showing a customer a rifle that had base and rings on it. The customer shouldered the rifle and asked the guy if looking through the two holes was how he aimed it.

My buddy wants to buy a Colt M4 Match carbine. I ask the associate to show the M16 carrier that it should have in it. The counter guy gets all torqued off and says all carriers are the same. I say no, that the Colt should have the heavy carrier, and the other guns on the rack (Stag, Bushmaster, S&W) will have semi carriers. The associate cracks open the Colt and "Holy Shit" an M16 carrier! I tell counter guy to bust open any other piece and lets see the semi carrier. He gets angry and says they are all the same. I say lets make a bet....if those guns have a M16 carrier I will buy that other M4 Colt on the rack. The associate just walked away.

Not a gun shop story, but pretty good, IMO.
I took my 22 that I use to practice/save money on ammo out with a friend who doesn't know much about guns. It uses banana clips that I can jam pretty quickly, I can load up, shoot quickly and cheaply, easy day right. Well, I load up a mag and hand it to him. While I'm digging out my ear pro and the rest of the boxes he says "I think it's broke" I turn around and he's forced the banana clip in backwards (He's a really big guy, btw) I say "Oh shit, that's backwards.....see how the ammo is facing the wrong direction?....How did you do that" He replies "Well, good thing I didn't pull the trigger....coulda shot myself"

[image]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/576/20110130141809.jpg/

I was at the "Big" gun store in North Houston today and the salesman was going on and on to a customer, about how .223 Rem. and 5.56 are two different rounds. "If you want to shoot both you have to buy two different guns." First he wanted to pedal a Bushmaster POS on the guy for 5.56, and a Ruger Mini 14 for .223. When the customer walked away I asked him what he thought of the salesman, "Dumb shit!" was the answer. We laughed and both left.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skully1971</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was at the "Big" gun store in North Houston today and the salesman was going on and on to a customer, about how .223 Rem. and 5.56 are two different rounds. "If you want to shoot both you have to buy two different guns." First he wanted to pedal a Bushmaster POS on the guy for 5.56, and a Ruger Mini 14 for .223. When the customer walked away I asked him what he thought of the salesman, "Dumb shit!" was the answer. We laughed and both left. </div></div>

Well, he's at least half right. You can run into trouble shooting 5.56 in a .223, as the 5.56 has a higher leade and max. pressure, among other differences. You wouldn't think anyone would build .223s today and not proof test to 5.56 pressures, but enough do that you hear reports of problems from time to time.

"They aren't making Gen 3 Glocks anymore" from a Police Uniform Store.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jhnmdahl</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skully1971</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was at the "Big" gun store in North Houston today and the salesman was going on and on to a customer, about how .223 Rem. and 5.56 are two different rounds. "If you want to shoot both you have to buy two different guns." First he wanted to pedal a Bushmaster POS on the guy for 5.56, and a Ruger Mini 14 for .223. When the customer walked away I asked him what he thought of the salesman, "Dumb shit!" was the answer. We laughed and both left. </div></div>

Well, he's at least half right. You can run into trouble shooting 5.56 in a .223, as the 5.56 has a higher leade and max. pressure, among other differences. You wouldn't think anyone would build .223s today and not proof test to 5.56 pressures, but enough do that you hear reports of problems from time to time. </div></div>

I'm sure I'm wrong and look like a dumb shit here. But I have always been told, and even researched it. You can safely shoot a .223 in a 5.56, BUT you can't go the other way. To shoot a 5.56 in a .223 the barrel has to be cut for it, there is a name for it, but I can't remember it, Worble? Wobble? or something like that. The Mini 14 back in the day was even stamped 5.56/.223 Rem. because it had that cut in the barrel.

Do you mean the Wylde chamber? Kind of cut between the .223 chamber and the 5.56 chamber. I believe it was designed by Bill Wylde. I think you can Google it, or use the search function.

I will sell you this flock 17 for 550 (used) and I will throw in these armor defeating bullets made for defeating vests, you see they have a Teflon finish and slipp between the fibers of the Kevlar.
True story from El Bufallo pawn

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fadin' fast</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Do you mean the Wylde chamber? Kind of cut between the .223 chamber and the 5.56 chamber. I believe it was designed by Bill Wylde. I think you can Google it, or use the search function. </div></div>

Thanks!! that was it "The Wylde chamber (Bill Wylde)[8] or the ArmaLite chamber, which are designed to handle both 5.56mm NATO and .223 Remington equally well. "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.223_Remington

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jmilera</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will sell you this flock 17 for 550 (used) and I will throw in these armor defeating bullets made for defeating vests, you see they have a Teflon finish and slipp between the fibers of the Kevlar.
True story from El Bufallo pawn</div></div>
Cause so many of us shoot at PEOPLE wearing VESTS instead of just dirt at the range haha

I watched a guy shoot his old Xbox at a range once, and he was absolutely stunned at the anti climax. Small hole in, small hole out. "But they are hollow points" he told me, "They're more powerful and explode, I thought they would make a bigger hole or something..."

I always cringe when I have to listen to people talk about hollow points as if they are orders of magnitude more powerful than the same round in fmj.

I was killing some time at my LGS and overheard one of the other customers buying a Glock in .45 GAP. He asked if he could buy some ammo too and the guy behind the counter pulls out a box of .45 Colt. I tried to let them know that was the wrong ammo and the customer says "I'm sure a guy who owns a gun store would know what kind of ammo I need." He paid for the box of .45 Colt and left.

VERY next person comes up to the same guy with an old bolt action .22 and saying he wants some plinking ammo for it and the guy behind the counter pulls out a box of .22 mag. I checked the barrel of the rifle and it's marked .22 Short. I told the customer "Good luck" and left.

My wife and I were at a gun show and there was some guy trying to pedal some bushmasters off to people with more money than sense. She was looking to buy a new lower receiver for me and the guy was trying to sell her a run of the mill, nothing fancy bushmaster rifle for $2200. My wife told the guy all she wanted was a lower, but he kept trying to push this rifle on her. She finally got pissed, asked to see the rifle, field stripped it (to include the bolt carrier group) and walked away. I laughed so hard when I walked up and saw the pile of parts. All she said was "that's what he gets for trying to screw a girl over."

Working behind the gun counter at a store, guy asks to see an inexpensive handgun. My salesman pulls out a Ruger, clears it, and hands it to him. He turns it over in his hands, looks at the slide, down the sights, etc. Looks up from the gun, straight into my guy's eyes and says, "Would this be a good gun to kill my wife with?". Needless to say we asked for the gun back and asked him to leave the store.