• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Best Gun Shop Stories... Share them!

Re: Best Gun Shop Stories... Share them!

Alas, poor salesmanship !!!

That's when you should have said, "NO!!! Of course not! PLEASE Forgive me!!! Let me show you this fully tricked out Kimber 1911 in .45 ACP!!! Oh, yes, and you'll need a suppressor! A cleaning kit is a must along with a nice, corinthian leather, silk lined case!"

I would have fired ya !!!!
grin.gif

My friend at the time owned a gunshop, kinda small, but like any we all used to hang out and drink coffee at night, one time a gentleman walked in, looked just like a gangbanger, with dreadlocks and low hung pants, my friend asked "what do you need sir"? he said "I need a holsta for my Gat" so my buddy asks " what kind of Glock do you have"? He then reaches into his waistband and pulls out a loaded Glock 17...he did not get far, see in NJ there is no right to carry, every cop in the store drew, so did the owner, the GS in the back, an anyone holding a gun in the store, the guy was actually an undercover police officer,....

Bet that was pretty hairy and tense for the next 5 minutes. Why would an undercover cop do that?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gathert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bet that was pretty hairy and tense for the next 5 minutes. Why would an undercover cop do that? </div></div>

I did not stick around for the answer, but I will tell you he thought his shit did not stink...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gathert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bet that was pretty hairy and tense for the next 5 minutes. Why would an undercover cop do that? </div></div>

Cranial Rectal Inversion. (Head up his ass)

So a couple years ago I got a VLTOR stock for my RRA AR-15. Little did I know that the VLTOR stock I bought was for a mil-spec buffer tube, and my buffer tube was of different dimensions (civilian spec I believe is what VLTOR called it). So after I talked to the PR guy for VLTOR about it on ar15.com he said that bushmaster and RRA (and maybe another one, not sure) made their buffer tubes a little larger in diameter and I probably needed to get the smaller mil-spec buffer tube for it to fit on. I thought, okay, no big deal, and ordered the correct buffer tube online, but like an idiot I forgot to order the wrench to get the old one off. Needless to say, when I got the stuff in the mail I realized my mistake and was pissed because I didn't want to wait another week to get the wrench in the mail. I said, fuck it, I'll take it to a gun shop and maybe they'll be able to put it on for me quicker.

So here's the best part. I get to the gun shop (Classic Pistol in northeast philly), tell them the story, and these two old guys, who I knew from experience thought that they knew everything there was to know about firearms, looked at me with this retarded look and said "What's VLTOR?" and "There's no such thing as civilian-spec". Me being the typical asshole that I am, I much enjoy proving people wrong, and insisted that I was correct. So these two guys start double teaming me about how all buffer tubes are the same and yada yada yada. One of the guys even gets out a micrometer and measures a buffer tube of a rifle he had on the shelf, then measured mine. Sure enough, they were different. I don't know how they managed to continue the argument after that, but they did. I could tell they knew they were fucked, but didn't want to admit it. I just popped a shit eating grin and left.

Got the wrench, did it myself. LOL

For the record, if you're ever in the northeast philly area, don't go to Classic Pistol. The only two shops I've been to in the area that know anything about anything are "Pistol People" (small shop, naturally only carries pistols), and "Surplus City" (store owner really knows his stuff. Other guys not so much).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Headwind</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gathert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bet that was pretty hairy and tense for the next 5 minutes. Why would an undercover cop do that? </div></div>

Cranial Rectal Inversion. (Head up his ass) </div></div>

Thats one of my favorite terms to use. Also "de-ass the area with a quickness" falls under that category.

I was looking at a Remington 700 in .300 Win Mag the other day on Gunbroker. It had a brake I hadn't seen before so I asked the seller "what brake is that?" "The brake is in the picture" was the reply. Needless to say I didn't bid.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Johnny Sasaki</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So a couple years ago I got a VLTOR stock for my RRA AR-15. Little did I know that the VLTOR stock I bought was for a mil-spec buffer tube, and my buffer tube was of different dimensions (civilian spec I believe is what VLTOR called it). So after I talked to the PR guy for VLTOR about it on ar15.com he said that bushmaster and RRA (and maybe another one, not sure) made their buffer tubes a little larger in diameter and I probably needed to get the smaller mil-spec buffer tube for it to fit on. I thought, okay, no big deal, and ordered the correct buffer tube online, but like an idiot I forgot to order the wrench to get the old one off. Needless to say, when I got the stuff in the mail I realized my mistake and was pissed because I didn't want to wait another week to get the wrench in the mail. I said, fuck it, I'll take it to a gun shop and maybe they'll be able to put it on for me quicker.

So here's the best part. I get to the gun shop (Classic Pistol in northeast philly), tell them the story, and these two old guys, who I knew from experience thought that they knew everything there was to know about firearms, looked at me with this retarded look and said "What's VLTOR?" and "There's no such thing as civilian-spec". Me being the typical asshole that I am, I much enjoy proving people wrong, and insisted that I was correct. So these two guys start double teaming me about how all buffer tubes are the same and yada yada yada. One of the guys even gets out a micrometer and measures a buffer tube of a rifle he had on the shelf, then measured mine. Sure enough, they were different. I don't know how they managed to continue the argument after that, but they did. I could tell they knew they were fucked, but didn't want to admit it. I just popped a shit eating grin and left.

Got the wrench, did it myself. LOL

For the record, if you're ever in the northeast philly area, don't go to Classic Pistol. The only two shops I've been to in the area that know anything about anything are "Pistol People" (small shop, naturally only carries pistols), and "Surplus City" (store owner really knows his stuff. Other guys not so much). </div></div>

Heck, you dont need the special wrench. Just a screw driver and a hammer to get it tight.

So last week I was at my local big box store looking for a rifle i could use for a budget build. Asked to look at a 700 they had that already had a scope installed. Guy hands it to me and i point it up at the roof to look through the scope. Dude asks me what I'm doing, that I should just pick an ugly person out a ways away and line the scope up on their head. He says this while pointing at a person a ways behind me. I calmly set the rifle down on the counter and walked away.

As I was leaving the store my wife asked me why the guy behind the gun counter was pointing at her before I set the rifle down....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: schollianmj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So last week I was at my local big box store looking for a rifle i could use for a budget build. Asked to look at a 700 they had that already had a scope installed. Guy hands it to me and i point it up at the roof to look through the scope. Dude asks me what I'm doing, that I should just pick an ugly person out a ways away and line the scope up on their head. He says this while pointing at a person a ways behind me. I calmly set the rifle down on the counter and walked away.

As I was leaving the store my wife asked me why the guy behind the gun counter was pointing at her before I set the rifle down.... </div></div>

Winner!

This one just in...

Was dealing with a hit and run accident earlier this week when I hear a call go out for a shooting that had just occurred...at a nearby gun shop/shooting range. As it turned out, it was the owner that had called. He had shot himself in the foot while trying to holster his gun.

I was in an extremely well known large store in San Antonio, and i was looking for a laser/light combo for my XD40. The guy behind the counter leaned in close, and really quietly told me, "just so you know, the lasers don't show up on black skin... you know... incase you're hunting hogs, or other animals with more melanin..."

Then, In Tacoma, I was at another big store, and this guy was bothering the kid behind the counter and i intervened on the kids behlaf. The guy was looking for a concealed carry pistol, "the bigger the better" He explained that he was going on a motorcycle trip through Washington, Oregon, California, Arizona, and Colorado so he needed a lot of firepower in case of wild life. SO... He was looking at long (6"/target models) barreled Glocks chambered in 357 Sig, and 9mm. I asked him why he felt like these would be a better option for defense against wildlife/people vs a 45acp, 38spc, 357 mag etc, and he said "the barrel is longer so it's going to do more damage." I tried explaining to him that if he had a run in with threatening wildlife, it would be person sized or smaller, unless it was a bear, in which case he should consider the 460 on the rack, we laughed about that for a minute, then i tried to explain basic defensive carry concepts and california gun laws etc for about 25 min, and he still wanted the smaller caliber, longer barreled glock, i left him to his idiocy somewhat annoyed.

Yah it is best to just shake your head and walk the other way laughing.

Never argue with an idiot, they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: schollianmj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
As I was leaving the store my wife asked me why the guy behind the gun counter was pointing at her before I set the rifle down.... </div></div>

One less customer...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Milhouse86</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yah it is best to just shake your head and walk the other way laughing.

Never argue with an idiot, they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience. </div></div>

Yeah, according to his reasoning, a 10/22 has more firepower than a s/w 500, because the barrel is longer and it holds more bullets. And while there is room for discussion on the topic of capacity/shot placement, in a real world defense situation, unless, you train day in, day out that perfect shot placement is going to be incredibly difficult, if not the last thing on your mind, which is where a heavier, harder hitting round, capable of delivering a larger and more devastating permanant wound cavity is desired. people see action heroes toting these massive barreled pistols around and think that's what makes the difference. surely physics don't apply to the ballistics of a round fired from a handgun. It can't be that a somewhat slower but, much heavier bullet is capable of inflincting more damage than a faster, smaller, lighter bullet fired from a longer barrel... GGGAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I'm done.

i realized after posting that, that it could seem like i was arguing against my earlier point with caliber vs capacity... it was an unintended and unfortunate segway into a rant. i apologize.

I was having a discussion with a friend a number of years ago at a gun store. My friend was telling me about his new AR and how well he was shooting with it. I'm half listening until he starts the "amazing feats" b.s. Apparently, his DPMS will knock a golfball off of a fence post at 400 yards. So of course I ask him to come out shooting with me.

Two weeks later he brings out his AR to my farm and I set up water bottles and paper between 100 and 250 yards. We are shooting for a few minutes when I notice that he hasn't hit a target yet. I ask him whats up and he states, "I've never shot past 500 yards before..."

Another entertaining incident happened when a buddy of mine brought out his brand new Barrett M82 that I had been dying to try out. We get all loaded up and he lets me take it for a spin. First round off the bat I give myself a pretty good case of scope eye. I hop off the rifle to clean up, and behind me hear him fire a round and curse. I turn around and he had a pretty good gash as well. We both chuckled about it for a bit. Turns out the .50 game is a bit different than "normal" rifles.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: want2Baccurate</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Another entertaining incident happened when a buddy of mine brought out his brand new Barrett M82 that I had been dying to try out. We get all loaded up and he lets me take it for a spin. First round off the bat I give myself a pretty good case of scope eye. I hop off the rifle to clean up, and behind me hear him fire a round and curse. I turn around and he had a pretty good gash as well. We both chuckled about it for a bit. Turns out the .50 game is a bit different than "normal" rifles. </div></div>

Yea, lol, might be time to mount that scope a little farther forward.
smile.gif

Went to a gun shop today, and one of the salesmen is trying to sell a shopper on buying an AR-15. He points to a Remington 700, and tells the customer "Now with a gun like this, you just buy it and you can't do anything to it to customize it". He picks up a Sig AR and says "now a gun like this, you can replace any part in the whole gun with an aftermarket part, and really make it your own".

I'm pretty sure there's not a single Remington part in my 700...

Had the joy 3 weeks ago seeing a guy ask if there was a way the dealer could avoid calling into the Feds. When they said no, he walked out very nervously and he was dressed the part of failure, saggy pants, t shirt big enough for a wedding gown for a midget, hat slightly turned.

It was like a scene from the 3 amigos, everyone stopped what they were doing and began listening and watching him. I think even the clocks stopped.

When I went to my fairly local FFL to pick my GAP Crusader in .308up they had it sitting in the scope vice to suprise me. As I was talking to the owner a few ninjas wandered over ogling and I overheard one of them telling the other that the muzzle brake was not going to reduce the recoil of that .50cal. The owner and I looked and damn near turned red trying not to laugh.

Got this the other day.

Can i trade in my Socom 16 for a Keltec SU-16c?

My answer? Sure. Why?

Ammo will be more available in the mountains when I have to bug out.

Me. Really?

Sounds good. Also does .22LR really penetrate body Armor?

Me. What Level?

Huh? I need to research this some more.

Me. OK

i hate to admit it but i was in walmart once. there was a guy at the counter in the sporting goods department wanting to buy a rifle for hunting deer. he asked the "expert" behind the counter, "what is the difference between a 270 and a 30-06?" the "expert" replied, "the 30-06 is for shooting round nosed bullets and the 270 is for shooting the pointy kind."

I have been Pawnbroker gun store owner for over 20 years, but my favorite story is about a good friend same town who is the same. one day 3 guys burst into his shop shooting, something hit him the head, he returned fire and gut shot one with 45acp hard ball, they leave, after police arrive they figure out these guy shoved potatoes over the end of their guns for "silencers" my friend got shot with a potato. side note, gut shot guy goes to hospital and cops arrest all 3, and they out in 3 years (Indiana)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wag</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have been Pawnbroker gun store owner for over 20 years, but my favorite story is about a good friend same town who is the same. one day 3 guys burst into his shop shooting, something hit him the head, he returned fire and gut shot one with 45acp hard ball, they leave, after police arrive they figure out these guy shoved potatoes over the end of their guns for "silencers" my friend got shot with a potato. side note, gut shot guy goes to hospital and cops arrest all 3, and they out in 3 years (Indiana) </div></div>

Just one more argument for soft nose hollow points.

Soft nose hollow points? That was my first question to my friend wtf hard ball? He uses Pow'r Ball now

Ok... I will play..

THIS IS A TRUE STORY...

I was working in a gun shop a few years back part time.... I was a FULL TIME city cop as well... A guy walks in and asked if we bought guns. I said sure we do and I asked him what he had. He, who was wearing the typical I am a gang banger apparal had EVERYONES eye behind the counter stated he was NOT sure it was just a hand gun.

He stated he had it in his pocket, and that the slide was back... I asked him to VERY slowly remove the gun from his pocket with his opposite hand. He did so and handed me a KIMBER CUSTOM SHOP 1911 in .45acp.

I mean.. this gun looked BRAND NEW!!! Well that and his dress style was RED FLAGS number 1 and 2. He then said that he only wanted $200 for it... and that was the WINNING RED FLAG number 3.

I told him sure.... we could reach a deal.. I needed to let my gunsmith check it out real quick and I would bring him the cash back.

Shit brick did NOT know that I was starting to remember him.. so I walked to the back office while he was being watched... I called some buddies at the S.O office who confirmed the gun was on GCIC as a stolen weapon.

I came back to the shop counter and put him on the ground at gun point and made the arrest. A search incident to the arrest revealed a LOADED magazine in his other pocket. Nice thing was that I called the CITY PD and they did the paper work
smile.gif

Turned out the gun belonged to a buddy that had his car broken in and he was able to get his gun back. All in all a good day.. and a thug off the street.

Matt (LEO SOUTH GA.)

I own a gunshop on the left coast.
Had a guy come in and purchase a 686. When his ten days were up he came in but had some stuff to finish before we could deliver his revolver. We had to get a secondary proof of residency and do a safe handeling demonstration.

The safe handeling demonstration requires you touch each opening in the cylinder.. this "client" couldn't handle this instruction. Time and time again he couldnt perform as instructed.My retired counter guy is trying to calm him down and tells him to relax,we have all day. Guy gets mad and goes outside to calm down. When he comes back in he leans into the counter and tells my armed counter guy he had better give him this gun "or else".

So we canceled his sale and kicked his tail to the curb.
A month later I get served and have to go to court.
The guy doesnt even show up.

Ive also had guys try to use a cannibis card as secondary proof or residency. Instant canceled transaction..

Just has a guy Saturday tell me he's helping his wife find a gun. I'm all for it and she is in the store with him actually shopping. So I show them both all kinds of guns. We get about 40 minutes in when the guy tells me he cant pass a background check.... so I had to politly send his tail to the curb. He and his wife were very nice about the whole refusal thing but.. what a pain.. 40 minutes I'll never get back.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BKSSNIPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"They aren't making Gen 3 Glocks anymore" from a Police Uniform Store. </div></div>
I was told by a glock rep that gen 3 was being phased out.. then, they didnt phase them out.. I was glad to see them keep the line.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mm128</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok... I will play..

THIS IS A TRUE STORY...

I was working in a gun shop a few years back part time.... I was a FULL TIME city cop as well... A guy walks in and asked if we bought guns. I said sure we do and I asked him what he had. He, who was wearing the typical I am a gang banger apparal had EVERYONES eye behind the counter stated he was NOT sure it was just a hand gun.

He stated he had it in his pocket, and that the slide was back... I asked him to VERY slowly remove the gun from his pocket with his opposite hand. He did so and handed me a KIMBER CUSTOM SHOP 1911 in .45acp.

I mean.. this gun looked BRAND NEW!!! Well that and his dress style was RED FLAGS number 1 and 2. He then said that he only wanted $200 for it... and that was the WINNING RED FLAG number 3.

I told him sure.... we could reach a deal.. I needed to let my gunsmith check it out real quick and I would bring him the cash back.

Shit brick did NOT know that I was starting to remember him.. so I walked to the back office while he was being watched... I called some buddies at the S.O office who confirmed the gun was on GCIC as a stolen weapon.

I came back to the shop counter and put him on the ground at gun point and made the arrest. A search incident to the arrest revealed a LOADED magazine in his other pocket. Nice thing was that I called the CITY PD and they did the paper work
smile.gif

Turned out the gun belonged to a buddy that had his car broken in and he was able to get his gun back. All in all a good day.. and a thug off the street.

Matt (LEO SOUTH GA.) </div></div>

Great job Matt!!
and Thank You, to all you LEO's!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skully1971</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mm128</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok... I will play..

THIS IS A TRUE STORY...

smile.gif

Matt (LEO SOUTH GA.) </div></div>

Great job Matt!!
and Thank You, to all you LEO's!! </div></div>

We've got a great bunch of LEOs here in Georgia, both the ones I know personally and the ones who pull me over, I've never run into one whom wasn't fastidiously polite and professional, and of that I'm very thankful.

I was at my LGS, just last Thursday, (3/8/12) picking up my latest toys. When a lady walks up, I'd guess she's 75 years old, with an M&P 40. It's open, with the lock in the action, really cool! and safe. First she wants a softer slide spring, so she can rack it better, and then she wants shooting lessons! After they get her taken care of, parts ordered, on the lesson schedule, another lady comes in, and tells the store manager, Al, "I've thought it over and I'll take the Colt." Well thinking like most of you, I expected a 9mm or 380,, but no it was a flat top AR with 18" heavy barrel!!! As Al was setting it down, she asked what mag it came with, and them wanted two more 30 rounders.
Now for my point,, I think its cool to see Sr's in the store, and it's always good to see customers in a gun store. But is this a sign of the times? where even the "Little old ladies" are arming up?

Story from the shooter this last weekend: He had a steel case 7.62x39 roll off the dashboard of his truck and land in his ashtray , would have been fine except the cigerette lighter was not in the hole = so the round falls right in the hole. He saw it arc and the round went off. Chipped his gear shift knob & damaged the front of his dash good.

I went to a now defunct shop a few years ago, looking for some GSG-5s to go plinking with. A young guy behind the counter said that they didn't have any, they were POS's, and he had the thing I needed. He went in back and proceeded to bring back a 1022 that had been "tacticooled" in an all plastic (I'd describe it as supersoaker styled) stock. It was brutally ugly and looked like it could fall apart if I touched it. He told me that they were shooting behind the store with it and it was great. I left.

When I received my permit (about 20) I decided it was high time to pick up my first handgun. I went to a highly regarded store with my dad and started looking. A John Popper wannabe was working the counter (old style, huge fat dude with a huge fat attitude). I asked to see a Ruger P90 (kind of robocop, but it was the early 90s) and the guy said something on the order of, "Unless you plan on buying one, don't ask to see one." I'm sure it was a crack because I was young and he probably got a bunch of sightseers, but dillweed cost them a sale. I kept my cool and walked out with my $500 bucks (a pretty good chunk for the time).

That shop went out of business a few years ago.

That sucks when you get someone like that, but I also hate people who play with the guns and run the actions about a thousand times when they have no intent of buying the gun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: King Arthurs Court</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When I received my permit (about 20) I decided it was high time to pick up my first handgun. I went to a highly regarded store with my dad and started looking. A John Popper wannabe was working the counter (old style, huge fat dude with a huge fat attitude). I asked to see a Ruger P90 (kind of robocop, but it was the early 90s) and the guy said something on the order of, "Unless you plan on buying one, don't ask to see one." I'm sure it was a crack because I was young and he probably got a bunch of sightseers, but dillweed cost them a sale. I kept my cool and walked out with my $500 bucks (a pretty good chunk for the time).

That shop went out of business a few years ago. </div></div>

Holy Smoke ! I didn't know anyone else here who ever went to Nick's Guns (Formerly Ed's Guns) in Marietta !
Small world.
(just kiddin) But the guy who works the counter there is a real work of art & like the above quoted piece, a real slice of lard.
I'll never go back there again. Last time I was there he was bustin my chops for firing a .454 on the indoor range.
Came down the firing line yelling & screaming. The douche had seen the hand cannon when I came in the door.
Never said a word about mag rounds in the lanes & no signs posted.
If the fat F**k had said something when I walked in the door I would have stuck to the 45 long colt rounds.
But nnooooo! he has to act like a bad ass.
On the way out I overhear him trying to sell some unsuspecting dolt a F&N 5.7 pistol, saying that it can breach body armor.
that was 2 years ago. Haven't been back since.
The best part is the guy who was shooting with me said that when I lit off the 300 grn round, the plexiglass viewing windows to the range shook like someone hit them with a hammer & I'll admit, even with hearing protection my ears did ring a bit.

I was at a small gun store the other day talking to owner and the phone rang. He answered it, talked for a few and got a blank look on his face and hung up. He said someone asked if he sold gun powder. When he said yes they asked if he also sold cannon fuse, that's when he hung up on them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pat M</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Story from the shooter this last weekend: He had a steel case 7.62x39 roll off the dashboard of his truck and land in his ashtray , would have been fine except the cigerette lighter was not in the hole = so the round falls right in the hole. He saw it arc and the round went off. Chipped his gear shift knob & damaged the front of his dash good. </div></div>

I have a hard time believing this one is possible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faraday_cage

Not quite gun store related but similar to the "don't ask to see it unless you buy it" post. A few months ago I started getting info on a new wheelchair vehicle. The kicker is it's a Silverado! I spoke to my closest dealer several times in depth and called last week to get a list of inventory so I could pick one. He tells me he needs to know I'm going to buy it before he gives me the info. I say sure I am, but what he wants is proof I can afford it first. I'm dumbfounded and pissed, I ask did I hear him right and I just can't believe this shit.

I called another dealer 3 1/2 hours away and in 12 hours I've got a complete inventory list along with pictures! I wrote the check today for the truck and a bunch of mods. When it's ready in a couple of weeks I'm taking it to the first dealer and rub his nose in it.

Both the owner of the gun shop and the guy working the desk telling a female that she should bore snake her new Glock every 50 rounds. Another customer was handling a Walther PPS and the mag shot out and hit the floor, the desk guy says you break it, you buy it hahahahaha, so either the mag is a POS or he's never practiced speed reloads.

How bout this one......Last night, 3 perps drive into the front of a gun shop in Belvedere SC to rob it. The gun shop owner who LIVES onsite, opens fire. One dead right there....the other two morons wounded. AWESOME!

Dave

Saw that not the local news. Not sure how much they thought that one through.

A few from middle Tennessee..

There used to be a sales guy at this shop in west Nashville that was so completely full of shit it was hard to keep a straight face around him.

They had a rack of Romanian WASR 10/63 AKs once that were in pretty rough cosmetic shape, but were mechanically fine. He gets one down from the rack and goes into a well-rehearsed story about how that rifle was probably " In a contractor's truck in Kabul Afghanistan" the previous year. He seemed to have this Blackwater fetish/fantasy or something. Anyway, the potential buyer gives him a funny look and leaves. I then ask to see a ragged-out SVT-40 Tokarev rifle and this is his story on THAT rifle...

"We bought it from a "contractor's"(wink-wink-nudge-nudge) collection a few weeks ago. This was the personal rifle of his local guide. It was given to him by the guide in appreciation for his hard work fightin' the Taliban the previous year. Ain't no telling how many of them Taliban this rifle killed.."

I flipped the rifle over and looked at the barrel, which had a HUGE 'Imported by CIA(Century Intl. Arms, not Central Intelligence)' stamp on it. I called the guy over and told him in a stage-whisper that, "This kind of bullshit might work on some folks, but it makes you look like an idiot to anyone who knows a little about guns." He backed off with, "Well, that's what the "contractor" we bought it from told us."

I found out that day that some people don't like to be laughed at to their faces. Geez, what a maroon..