• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Best hog Ranch in TX?

The chicken ranch in La Grange...lol. Man with all those big ranches out there it would be hard to know!

Plenty of places that have thousands of hogs, but you have hogs there in Florida.
I'm just wondering why you would spend the money they ask here in Texas to kill a nuisance animal.
(It is VERY expensive to book hog hunts in Texas)

FDkay, you think TX is expensive come to CA from $700-1200 for one hog. Just hunted TX for nilgai and hogs and it's a bargain compared to here.

Dang near any ranch will do.Its far cheaper to book a $100 dove hunt or $400 turkey hunt at a ranch and stay the night. They will usually be happy for you to get rid of a few pigs. Paid pig hunts are expensive and I cant imagine why.

i live in south texas and they are pretty over populated here but there are some folks that will let you shoot them just to get rid of them my father inlaw is one of them

Pretty much the entire state at this point. Pick the cheapest hunt you can find if you're only going after hogs. Hell you can kill a hog in my backyard and I'm in a Houston suburb.

L

There is a member here on the hide who posts pics from time to time, can't recall his name, who has a hog hunting ranch, ideal for night hunting.

There is a member here on the hide who posts pics from time to time, can't recall his name, who has a hog hunting ranch, ideal for night hunting.

That would be Wild River Ranch. In business for over 10 years, and still the world's most unique and advanced hog hunting operation. We shoot hogs at night, with NV and thermal, from the helicopter, and we also offer tactical rifle, long-range rifle, pistol and NV training on our 1000 yard range (also available for night time live fire exercises).

Go to wildriverranch.net

T-bone Outfitters gets my vote. I've hunted with him numerous times and have never come up empty. I went just last week and he got us within 60 yards of 3 different sounders with the largest having 50 pigs and the smallest was 15. He has around 1,000 acres of pecan orchards to hunt and provides a rifle and night vision if you do not have any. He only guides on the weekends because he is active military.

Texas is a BIG state. that said

Wildriverranch and T-Bone are at opposite ends. Wild River down by Victoria and T-Bone up by Wichita Falls. Both are great and operate differently. WR has a lot of facilities according to their write ups. T-Bone is a one man op by an active duty military man who is an outstanding individual. I am positive Chris is also. Just have not had the chance to meet him. I have with T=Bone, and HDFireman is correct. Depending on where you want to go you have two great choices there.

Most know I've been to Wild river Ranch several times and their facility and equipment is the best we've seen. Chris and their staff have also been through our advanced NV training and know how to get around in the dark. They also do not just do hog hunting, but also deer, duck, fishing etc. They have over 40 years of combined hunting and guide service. I cannot say enough about how good these guys really are.

If you get a chance, it's a once in a lifetime experience.

Happy New Year!

Vic

While I have not hunted at WildRiver Ranch I grew up hunting that area and it is great hunting.

Chris knows his stuff and runs a first class outfit by all accounts.

I got invited to hunt at Bill Wilson's place about 5 years ago and it is a great place to hunt and I believe he does paid hunts there as well. Northeast TX

On our hunting lease we have enough hogs but not a "problem" per se. Sitting in a blind right now with one if my kids.

Be aware that there are unfortunately some very shady characters advertising hog hunts and they do not give a shit if you get anything and make no real effort and it can be a lousy experience. They just want to make a quick buck at some city slicker's expense.

Texas is almost all privately owned property and there are way more hunters than good places to hunt.

Stick with guys that get consistently feedback like Chris at WildRiver

A cheap hunt is money flushed down the toilet when it is a bad experience.

Also be wary if anyone who claims a "guaranteed hunt" as they may be using a 200 acre pen with no natural food source and only a few corn feeders.

Chris posted some great waterfowl hunting with his chocolate lab on his FB page too, I think they pretty much have it all covered, one of these days I will make it out there myself, although I do manage to expend quite a bit of my reloaded ammo in my backyard......

A friend directed me to this thread so I thought I would sign up. Good to see T-Bone is growing and thank you all for t he compliments. I am not a paid advertiser on this forum so I don't want to step on anyone's toes right off the bat. HDfireman already directed everyone on where to find more information about my services. I posted some pictures in the NV kill thread too. Just waiting on the mods to approve them since I am new. Please feel free to PM me if you have any hog hunting related questions.