• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Best lazer sight for friends Taurus Judge

SmokeRolls

Nobody important
Minuteman
Aug 25, 2008
Kentucky
Hey, I have a friend that has a taurus judge and she wants a lazer for it, so trying to accomodate her with the info she needs.
Any recommendations and suppliers to deal with, let us know.
If there is a choice between green ( veridian ) and red, i guess i would opt for the green since it would be easier to see in daylight.
...Thanks again
....SmokeRolls

Re: Best lazer sight for friends Taurus Judge

Really depends on what she is going to use it for and which model does she have? What ammo does she put in it? If she is shooting .410 a red laser would be fine since you do not need the range.If its for home defense red is also likely to be fine Good green lasers are expensive.

Im sure its gonna be night time and maybe alittle target shooting.
I guess mostly 410 but i wouldnt rule out 45 long colt.
Just trying to help a friend out to what she would like on her hog leg.
...SmokeRolls

From what research I have done, green lasers of at least 5mw are the ultimate and Viridian is the best green laser company. But expect to pay $250 or more.

why not just teach her how to shoot instead? lasers are a waste...they're no faster than sights, and generally much slower. follow up shots are even worse because you end up hunting for the dot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GSRswapandslow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">why not just teach her how to shoot instead? lasers are a waste...they're no faster than sights, and generally much slower. follow up shots are even worse because you end up hunting for the dot.</div></div>
Shes been shooting a bunch so i would asume that shes getting comfortable with it but i havnt been able to be there at same time. I agree that lazers can be slower at ligning up , the only time i think lazers might aid a person is in low light but it is never something i want to rely on.... Practicing, speed drills and time shooting the weapon is the best way to make the time behind the weapon count.
Thanks for the imput though.
...SmokeRolls

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GSRswapandslow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">why not just teach her how to shoot instead? lasers are a waste...they're no faster than sights, and generally much slower. follow up shots are even worse because you end up hunting for the dot. </div></div>
I think lasers have their purposes. They can aid in learning trigger control, tracking moving targets, and shooting around obstacles where getting a good sight picture is difficult, etc.. Just like anything basics are a must but the laser can supplement or become a crutch.
To the op crimson trace lasers are good but the grips aren't as comfortable so felt recoil will be greater

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Reid Rothchild</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think lasers have their purposes. They can aid in learning trigger control, tracking moving targets, and shooting around obstacles where getting a good sight picture is difficult, etc.. Just like anything basics are a must but the laser can supplement or become a crutch.
To the op crimson trace lasers are good but the grips aren't as comfortable so felt recoil will be greater </div></div>

I think you're wrong. Lasers encourage target focus, which encourages poor technique.