• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best lightweight stock that can handle a Proof Bull?

evilsvt

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 4, 2005
college station, TX
I was hoping the LRH could handle the straight 1.20 but I’m not sure if it can. Any recommendations for a lighter weight stock that can accommodate that heavy of a barrel?

Thank you!

They show it handles an m24 contour which I believe is 1.2 not sure on all the measurements of it though, I have an lrh but have a proof sendero in it.

EH-1 is advertised to handle a M24. I think the PH does also but not sure and can't find it on Manners site.

Manners will open up the barrel channel for $29. That does not include shipping.

I have an EH-1 with a 1.25 Proof Sendero and the barrel barely fits, and looks a little porky. No way you could fit a bull barrel in there.

Not many hunting stocks have the foreend width for a bull barrel. I would be looking at a carbon fiber tactical stock like a McMillan A3/A3-5 or a Manners T2.

Takes about 5 minutes with some sand paper and that LRH stock will fit the proof bull. You can get a wood dowel rod, or just use the barrel itself. Just use some cardboard paper or even thin layer of plastic over the barrel and then the sheet of sand paper. Takes just minutes to open the channel up. No point in sending it back for that, unless something else is wrong on the stock. I just did one on my XM Defiance with a 1.20 carbon Bull 300wsm. Came out perfect. Haven't tried a 1.25.

Last edited:
I use a deep socket of the appropriate size and sandpaper. If you need it to look good tape it off and paint it your color of choice when done. This is a Manners
IMG_9604.jpeg

I opened up mine on a prs1 just this weekend using a deep socket took all of 10 minutes like others have stated.

At what point does inletting the barrel channel beyond what the manufacturer recommends cause problems?

I’ve had to open up / straighten most if not all of my manners stocks as of late, just wasn’t sure if they was enough meat on the sides for the 1.25” with a LRH. I have 2, but both are running M24 barrels.

I thought about the Phoenix but I’m not sure if I want to go “that light” on a 338 Norma.

The PRS2 might be a good compromise and it’s listed that it can take a 1.25

Pure precision (previously mesa precision arms) Altitude stock

AG Composites (I believe they actually make the stock for Pure Precision) has stocks that are slightly different configurations.

I put a comp contour in an LRH too. Just a bit of sanding with a socket as mentioned

Why go with such a fat barrel if you are worried about the lightest stock?

Just get a Sendero lite CF or “gasp” a thinner steel barrel.

And yes, my 3b barrels shoot right there with my proof barrels.

Apparently the same point was made while I was in a mtg…

I have a proof sendero in an EH1.
Looks good. Shoots amazing.

Reactions: Taylorbok
If using a proof, those carbon bulls are only 7oz heavier then the sendero. This AntiX XM balances really well with Dominus K SR and the S&B US on it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230920_142120_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230920_142120_Gallery.jpg
    267.1 KB · Views: 58
Why go with such a fat barrel if you are worried about the lightest stock?

Just get a Sendero lite CF or “gasp” a thinner steel barrel.

And yes, my 3b barrels shoot right there with my proof barrels.

Apparently the same point was made while I was in a mtg…

I have a proof sendero in an EH1.
Looks good. Shoots amazing.
I got a good deal on it and I don’t want a 17lb rifle.

Reactions: powdahound76
I was hoping the LRH could handle the straight 1.20 but I’m not sure if it can. Any recommendations for a lighter weight stock that can accommodate that heavy of a barrel?

Thank you!
A McMillan A3 with edge fill.