• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Best mirage cover

Daneren

Default viking
Minuteman
Nov 5, 2013
Which miragecovers, currently on the market today, are the most effective?

I'm looking for a cover for my MAE T42ST and my Ase Utra SL5.
They are entirely different dimension-wise, so i probably have to be able to order custom sizes.

Thanks.

Which miragecovers, currently on the market today, are the most effective?

I'm looking for a cover for my MAE T42ST and my Ase Utra SL5.
They are entirely different dimension-wise, so i probably have to be able to order custom sizes.

Thanks.

For our SL5, we have our own cover made of 1000D Cordura and Nomex

Available in black, OD green and Coyote Brown

Heat/Mirage covers | Ase Utra

Best Regards!

Tuukka Jokinen
Ase Utra sound suppressors

Hi Tuukka,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm aware about your own miragecovers, but I were curious, if other covers were better. I have no experience with miragecovers. And i only want the best.

- Which, of course, is why i have an Ase Utra suppressor. It really is top of the line.

I've been running TAB gear covers since getting my 30P-1 a while back, not sure if there is a better one out there but mine have been great. Shoot Tony an email with the measurements and he will get you taken care of.

Nice cover Tuuka, your cover looks exactly like the SAS1 cover that we've made for about six years now, except that you use two strips of loop velcro and we only use one.

Daneren, we make several different models of our suppressor covers. We custom make our covers for all different sizes and ship them all over the world. We have made many covers for the Ase Utra cans over the years.

Here is a link to our store where you can see the top two choices are our suppressor covers. We are in the process right now of shooting more videos showing the different features of each cover.

Search our events/products and add to your shopping cart

Nomex is not what we use in our construction since Nomex is not designed for repeated exposure to high heat and will begin to degrade after repeated exposures.

Good luck with your search.

Header wrap sounds like a great idea. May have to try it.

image.jpg

Mine is from TAB Gear...it took care of my mirage problem.

I just got one from Armageddon. Seems like everybody on here recommends them and the ones from TAB gear. I must say that I am really impressed with how quick they got it to me. I had to custom order one. Took less than a week to get it.
ambush 300 006.JPG

Let us know how it handles when you take it shooting. I have been looking at them also, so I am curious. Love the dog.

Has anyone done any testing to actually compare the performance of the different wraps? Wonder if there is any measurable difference between them. I just ordered a AG for my TBAC 30BA that should be here any day. I have a TAB SASR on my other suppressor (AAC SDN-6) and it looks/works great. I have access to some pretty high end infrared thermal cameras, might see if I can borrow my buddies TAB wrap he's got on his 30BA for a day and do a side by side just for kicks.

Please let me know what you find out. I'm very curious about that...

I just got one from Armageddon. Seems like everybody on here recommends them and the ones from TAB gear. I must say that I am really impressed with how quick they got it to me. I had to custom order one. Took less than a week to get it.
View attachment 45248

I just typed this same response in another thread about suppressor covers. I had sane results as post above OP. Armageddon gear has great stuff and shipping was super fast, even when ordering a custom size.

+1 for Armageddon..!! They got my custom cover to me in less than a week (which included a Federal Holiday).

That's fine and all. But what i seek is the experience from somebody that has tried several covers, and can tell what works best.