• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best of the best Custom Rifle Builder's

How about Marc Soulie from Spartan? I dont see him on here and I know he puts out great rigs.

alot of people have moon built rifles, he used to work for GAP. great guy, great smith.

benchmark builds a great gun, they did my mauser k98 which is a hammer.

i'm sorry i have 6 GAP rifles and everyone is a hammer, they are built by 3 different smiths in that shop and i would take a rifle from any one of them again. I know Mike from tac ops and he builds some stupid accurate guns, so does mike from black ops. Jared obviously is a REDICULOUSLY talented young smith i mean the list goes on. you have most of them already listed.

Also MANY of the good smiths have multiple guys in their shop cuz otherwise as demand rises for one of their guns, the wait times would be out of control. Black ops, tac ops, surgeon, gap all have multiple smiths/guys doing parts of the builds i wouldn't discount a single gun from any of them.

AJ Brown for anything that's going to be used in the field w/ unsurpassed accuracy. Btw, he has good turn around w/ fair pricing; and won't try to sell you stuff that you don't need.

Last edited:
No love for Chad and the crew at Long Rifles Inc ? He has done some work for me including a barreled action and I can't imagine anyone having more attention to detail .

I have used GAP for most of my builds which has numbered in the teens, what do you need to say about GAP that hasn't been said. I recently discovered Benchmark and I am VERY impressed with their build quality, I also live 5 minutes away and have gotten to meet the crew and shoot with most of them, great bunch of guys.

Kirk R

Same here. Read through the entire thread through today, couple years here, and no reference to Longrifles, inc., or Chad Dixon. Have had several custom hunting rigs over the years from SG&Y, SISK, Banser, HS and McWhorter, migrated towards GAP and have more than I need along with one Gradous and a APA 338WM on the way.

Was thinking of giving Chad Dixon a try, seems to produce consistent quality and not heard a bad word. Just surprised not mentioned prior to today. Any reason?